Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Trina1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2012 175 Visa Application start - Share journey

Originally Posted by Chimmel
I just used a normal passport photo and got it scanned in colour (I just attached seperate A4 sheets of paper each with a passport photo for both me and my partner).

I just applied on January 15th 2012, GSM 175. I'm not expecting to be anywhere close to emigrating till early next year, but hopefully I get a nice surprise.

My friend did GSM in December 2009 and got his visa in May 2010 (but from what I've heard he was very lucky with such a short timeframe).
wow...thats really luck thing only..even I am not expecting it to be soon..
but even i wish some miracle happen and I get it really soon
Old Feb 14th 2012, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chimmel
I just used a normal passport photo and got it scanned in colour (I just attached seperate A4 sheets of paper each with a passport photo for both me and my partner).

I just applied on January 15th 2012, GSM 175. I'm not expecting to be anywhere close to emigrating till early next year, but hopefully I get a nice surprise.

My friend did GSM in December 2009 and got his visa in May 2010 (but from what I've heard he was very lucky with such a short timeframe).
Just wanted to ask what was your friend's occupation who got the visa sooooooo soon ??
Old Feb 14th 2012, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Chimmel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trina1983
Just wanted to ask what was your friend's occupation who got the visa sooooooo soon ??
Accountant, same as me. Not sure if that would have any impact.

Worth noting that he got his under the old points test too.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 7:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trina1983
Timelines have changed drastically since those days - what happened then has absolutely no bearing on applications now.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 6:25 am
Just Joined

mechman is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: 2012 175 Visa Application start - Share journey

Rowing the same boat. Applied for 175 and looking forward for my turn.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 11:50 am
Just Joined

staceylacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mechman
Rowing the same boat. Applied for 175 and looking forward for my turn.
Hi Guys!!

My name is Stacey, Myself and my partner sent off payment to our migration agent last week, so hoping our application will be lodged in the coming days!! i'm an accountant(general) and my partner is coming as defacto with no SOL skill. I have a positive skills assesment from CPA Australia and 8.5 IELTS,

We're from Dublin, Ireland and hoping to settle in Sydney, I had done a lot of research last year, and had been told by various migration agents that they were seeing a 6 month turn around on 175 visa's, but the agent that we decided to use(who was recommended by a friend that has recently obtained citizenship) was that they are currently seeing an 8 month turn around.
I'm soo impatient! i want to go tomorrow!! :-D

would be nice to stay in touch with fellow accountants to see how your getting on, have you all lodged applications yourselfs without an agents help?

Hope to chat to you all soon!
Stacey xx
Old Mar 15th 2012, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Hey Stacey,

Nice to hear more people joining the 2012 applicants thread. Though I am not an accountant by profession, but still thought of replying since no matter what professions we are all on the same boat
I am a software engineer by profession. I have applied without an agent, and it is already one month that I have lodged my application..
Lets keep all updated with our status..
Best of luck

Regards,
Trina
Old Mar 15th 2012, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

mechman is an unknown quantity at this point

I have applied without an agent. I am hoping the timeline to be some where 9 to 12 months for 175.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 11:25 am
Just Joined

mel2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Accountant from Ireland also, lodged application in Oct 2011 still waiting..
Did my skills assessment with the CPA & 8.5 in the IELTS also.
Would be gone tomorrow on Working Holiday Visa except partner not under 30..so impatient waiting, thinking should get a case officer by June/July going by the current processing time.....
Old Mar 21st 2012, 8:08 am
Just Joined

taker312 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,
Rowing the same boat,
Applied for SS 176 on Feb 24 but assigned team4 so I guess I'll have the same timelines as 175 maybe because the occupation is not on state migration plan
Anyway I'm Network Architect by profession, have been contacted by CO on Mar 13 asking for docs and Form 80 which I furnished on Mar 15 and waiting since then
Just a bit confused about, when I check Application status online there's a link " Complete character assessment particulars for this applicant"
Should I fill this up and submit now or its not necessary as I have already sent the Form 80. Let me know how you guys handled that.
Thanks
Old Mar 21st 2012, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Aus_NSS will become famous soon enough

Hi all
i have lodge my application on March 05 & updated most of the document, my question is same as Mr. Taker312 i have not completed my 80 form yet & confused about whether i should complete "Complete character assessment particulars for this applicant" because both have similar information to fill up if any one can clear it up that would be great help.

i also have another question before paying online while filling up the question "Provide details of all countries in which you, your spouse/de facto partner or dependents (migrating or not) have lived for 12 months or more (since turning 16) during the last 10 years. The 12 month period of residence may be made up of a number of shorter periods. You must account for every year?"

i just gave my permanent address for the entire 10 years duration as i have always lived in within my motherland but in different places for study & job because it sounded like they wanted to know whether i had lived in any other place than my motherland.

But in the 'Complete character assessment particulars for this applicant' link they imported my given permanent address and asked ""Have you resided at your current address for the last 10 years?

If No, give details of previous addresses of 12 months or more during the last 10 years. ""

now it sounds like i should put in all the places i lived in more than 12 month

please tell am i right or worng

Thanks in advance for ur help
Old Mar 21st 2012, 9:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aus_NSS
Hi all
i have lodge my application on March 05 & updated most of the document, my question is same as Mr. Taker312 i have not completed my 80 form yet & confused about whether i should complete "Complete character assessment particulars for this applicant" because both have similar information to fill up if any one can clear it up that would be great help.

i also have another question before paying online while filling up the question "Provide details of all countries in which you, your spouse/de facto partner or dependents (migrating or not) have lived for 12 months or more (since turning 16) during the last 10 years. The 12 month period of residence may be made up of a number of shorter periods. You must account for every year?"

i just gave my permanent address for the entire 10 years duration as i have always lived in within my motherland but in different places for study & job because it sounded like they wanted to know whether i had lived in any other place than my motherland.

But in the 'Complete character assessment particulars for this applicant' link they imported my given permanent address and asked ""Have you resided at your current address for the last 10 years?

If No, give details of previous addresses of 12 months or more during the last 10 years. ""

now it sounds like i should put in all the places i lived in more than 12 month

please tell am i right or worng

Thanks in advance for ur help
What does the question say?
Have you resided at your current address for the last 10 years?

If No, give details of previous addresses of 12 months or more during the last 10 years.

So just answer it! Its asking for addresses, the other one asked for countries. They are different things!

DIAC doesn't deal in trick questions, they just ask what they need to know
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 6:18 am
Just Joined

Thx Pollyana for the clarification have u got ur visa or is it in processing state...can u also highlight on whether to fill up form 80 or "Complete character assessment particulars for this applicant" or both
Old Apr 8th 2012, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

where is everyone Y no new post
Old Apr 8th 2012, 3:06 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aus_NSS
where is everyone Y no new post
Maybe there aren't any updates - it happens. By and large, GSM takes a long time, so there may or may not be long gaps between posts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.