Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Old Sep 29th 2012, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Why are you quoting me but talking to someone else?
Because HE should be actually able to answer YOUR questions..
Old Sep 29th 2012, 8:50 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shah
Because HE should be actually able to answer YOUR questions..
I have no questions. That's still no reason to quote me when you're addressing someone else. Also, caps lock is considered to be shouting - it's poor netiquette.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 8:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anujoz
Mrs Greenstar, the refusal letter is what is important here because any Department by itself cannot be the law of the land. The Departments are only the executors of the law. There are federal courts to look into the legalities of such issues. However, all this depends on the facts & circumstances of the issue including where the test was taken, whether it was genuinely and bonafidely taken, and on what grounds was the rejection issued. So the refusal notification and the documents associated with the grounds mentioned in the refusal become very important and worth a review by an appropriate legal counsel even if MRT is not an option. Thats my personal opinion rohan if that helps.
The letter is issued by the department after they have made a lawful decision on whether or not to grant this person a visa. In this case, yes the Department is "the law of the land"as they have are allowed under Australian law to grant visas. They are also working under the policy which states there is no right of appeal on a 175/176.

My advice to the OP is this - if you wish to try and seek any form of appeal or reconsideration of this decision by DIAC, do not publish your personal details or the exact details of your IELTS test on here (or any other forum) until you have discussed the matter with a registered migration agent. You may compromise your case. Agents have given this advice on here in the past regarding appeals, medicals and character issues. You may give out details in good faith which can actually be used against you later - it is well known that case officers read the forum and pick things up from here. You could also find yourself with problems from the IELTS test centre - no-one knows for sure what the exact issue is with the test and by publicising the name of the centre and maybe alleging malpractice there ........ need I go on?
Old Sep 29th 2012, 8:53 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The letter is issued by the department after they have made a lawful decision on whether or not to grant this person a visa. In this case, yes the Department is "the law of the land"as they have are allowed under Australian law to grant visas. They are also working under the policy which states there is no right of appeal on a 175/176.

My advice to the OP is this - if you wish to try and seek any form of appeal or reconsideration of this decision by DIAC, do not publish your personal details or the exact details of your IELTS test on here (or any other forum) until you have discussed the matter with a registered migration agent. You may compromise your case. Agents have given this advice on here in the past regarding appeals, medicals and character issues. You may give out details in good faith which can actually be used against you later - it is well known that case officers read the forum and pick things up from here. You could also find yourself with problems from the IELTS test centre - no-one knows for sure what the exact issue is with the test and by publicising the name of the centre and maybe alleging malpractice there ........ need I go on?
+1

Very good points. OP, it's worth taking note of this advice.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point

+1

Very good points. OP, it's worth taking note of this advice.
I too agree...
Old Sep 29th 2012, 10:35 am
Just Joined

rohan0927 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all for opinion and suggestions. As Pollyana mentioned I wish to seek some form of appeal and I will publish end result as soon I get it.

Again thanks all for your valuable advises
Old Sep 29th 2012, 11:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rohan0927
Thanks all for opinion and suggestions. As Pollyana mentioned I wish to seek some form of appeal and I will publish end result as soon I get it.

Hearing the result would be useful for anyone else finding themselves in the situation.
Good luck
Old Sep 29th 2012, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rohan0927

Wish you all the best
Old Sep 29th 2012, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

anujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really nice

If he has supplied documents that aren't valid, what do you suggest he does? Do you think the CO just randomly said "Hey, today I feel like rejecting someone. Eeny meeny miney mo...I pick...YOU!"

So what effect do you think employing legal counsel will have on his case? The CO had reason to believe that the documents were fraudulent, and so was well within his/her rights to refuse the case. As has been stated, I think three times now, not all visas are eligible for review. You may not like it, but those are the rules.
Agreed but it is the OP who can confirm why the ielts test result were invalidated, were they invalid because of the date they were done, because of the agency used, because of any other seemingly fraudulent reason (which is what the CO felt), so if the OP shares more info, maybe we all have something to learn from it, that is if we want to discover those reasons, and if OP is willing to share

Maybe there was no fraud and he may have rights that you or I may not be aware of. Depends on the facts!

Repeating the same point of view only expresses authoritative attitude by a moderator - nothing else. Let the forum not be run by opinions of moderators alone or what they like to hear and say.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

anujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Very good thoughts indeed pollyana. Absolutely advisable not to share details on a public forum like this. OP definitely needs a professional consultation
Old Sep 29th 2012, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by anujoz
Agreed but it is the OP who can confirm why the ielts test result were invalidated, were they invalid because of the date they were done, because of the agency used, because of any other seemingly fraudulent reason (which is what the CO felt), so if the OP shares more info, maybe we all have something to learn from it, that is if we want to discover those reasons, and if OP is willing to share

Maybe there was no fraud and he may have rights that you or I may not be aware of. Depends on the facts!

Repeating the same point of view only expresses authoritative attitude by a moderator - nothing else. Let the forum not be run by opinions of moderators alone or what they like to hear and say.
Mods are entitled to opinions too & you are not entitled to try to stop them from expressing them. You should probably read the OP's original post. It clearly states that they refused him under the fraud PIC (that should give you a clue ) for providing "bogus or misleading" IELTS results. Whether you like it or not, and I will say this one final time, not all visas are eligible for review. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. I suggest you read the MRT website for more information.

Regardless of that though, I do wish the OP good luck.

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Sep 29th 2012 at 1:22 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 3:51 am
Just Joined

syed80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I applied for visa class 176 (WA SS) on 27th June, 2012, as electronics engineer. Anyone else from same category... What's the progress of your application??
Old Oct 12th 2012, 7:05 am
Just Joined

xubeynalym is an unknown quantity at this point

Experts,

I have lodged 175 visa in June 2012 and have CO assigned to my case. At the time of lodgment, I used my wife’s old (before marriage) National Identity document and Passport. Recently, I changed my wife’s name in her National Identity Document and hopefully would get a modified Passport in a week’s time. The only change we did is her name after marriage. With this scenario, I have two questions to ask:
1) Can you suggest me what and how should I update my Case-Officer about it?
2) As my case is under long background checks because we’re from Pakistan, do we expect a further delay because of this change? Actually the bothering thing is that will this wait going to be a long one?

Thanks
xubeynalym
Old Oct 12th 2012, 7:14 am
Telecom Expert

ahmaddd2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xubeynalym
Experts,

I have lodged 175 visa in June 2012 and have CO assigned to my case. At the time of lodgment, I used my wife’s old (before marriage) National Identity document and Passport. Recently, I changed my wife’s name in her National Identity Document and hopefully would get a modified Passport in a week’s time. The only change we did is her name after marriage. With this scenario, I have two questions to ask:
2) As my case is under long background checks because we’re from Pakistan, do we expect a further delay because of this change? Actually the bothering thing is that will this wait going to be a long one?

Thanks
xubeynalym
Well , up till my knowledge a friend of had the same scenario , he submitted Form 929 . You can download it from here :

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/929.pdf

You have to email this to your CO. that’s it I hope. & the time depends on our country security agencies. Nothing would help , just prayers ..!!
Old Oct 12th 2012, 7:18 am
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of

Experts,

Yes. Probably form 929 and 1022. See http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/appl...orms_alpha.htm

May be, may be not, only your CO knows best regarding this. It will take the time it needs to take.

Thanks
xubeynalym
You are welcome.

Usman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.