British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Great speed DIAC of allocation of CO for CSL (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/great-speed-diac-allocation-co-csl-597284/)

Altavista Mar 12th 2009 7:13 pm

Great speed DIAC of allocation of CO for CSL

Hi,

DIAC has reached till March-2008 of allocation of CO for CSL application in just 9 days.

This is really a great speed that they have finished up the cases of 6 months in just 9 days.

If they going with this speed, they will finish all CSL cases well before May-2009.

racks Mar 12th 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Great speed DIAC of allocation of CO for CSL

Hi,
who mentioned that they have finished allocation till march 2008..??

I am a dec '07 applicant and i havent been assigned a CO yet..??

Altavista Mar 12th 2009 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by racks (Post 7374684)
Hi,

Just browse through this forum and your will get the answer. What visa have you applied for. Are you CSL. You are from HR or LR

My friend who is 175 MODL dec '07 HR country applicant got case office in sep 2008.

mehrafarin Mar 12th 2009 8:15 pm

I am from a high risk country, CSl but non MODL. Had applied early march 2008 and have just been assigned a case officer. Your case officer only contacts you if he/she has additional information requests.
I've known people who have been granted their visa when they didn't even know they had a case officer!

mavios Mar 12th 2009 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by mehrafarin (Post 7374806)
I am from a high risk country, CSl but non MODL. Had applied early march 2008 and have just been assigned a case officer. Your case officer only contacts you if he/she has additional information requests.
I've known people who have been granted their visa when they didn't even know they had a case officer!

Congrats, when did CO contacted you?

mavios Mar 12th 2009 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Altavista (Post 7374666)
Hi,

DIAC has reached till March-2008 of allocation of CO for CSL application in just 9 days.

This is really a great speed that they have finished up the cases of 6 months in just 9 days.

If they going with this speed, they will finish all CSL cases well before May-2009.

You should note that many of the applicants between sep 2007 and march 2008 where assigned a CO before Jan 2009. However, after march 2008 there will be more applicants still to be assigned a CO, so the rate might get a bit lower. Anyway, everyone of us has been waiting for at least 6 months and some even more than a year, so we already got used to the waiting game and one or two months more won't make much difference.
Good luck

husaing Mar 12th 2009 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by mehrafarin (Post 7374806)

Hi Mehr,
How can anyone be on CSL but not on MODL? :confused: I think CSL is a subset of MODL.

sco Mar 13th 2009 4:31 am

Originally Posted by racks (Post 7374684)
Hi,

I'm a dec '07 applicant too. My agent requested DIAC about CO. They answered: Dear Mr. sco! You haven't been allocated yet.... I'm from HR country.

mavios Mar 13th 2009 4:33 am

Originally Posted by sco (Post 7376157)
I'm a dec '07 applicant too. My agent requested DIAC about CO. They answered: Dear Mr. sco! You haven't been allocated yet.... I'm from HR country.

You are CSL? there must be a mistake somewhere. What is your occupation?

mehrafarin Mar 13th 2009 5:00 am

Originally Posted by mavios (Post 7374839)
Congrats, when did CO contacted you?

Thanks :) I submitted my application on 4th of march last year. I was contacted by my assigned case officer 2 days ago! after a year and a week !

mehrafarin Mar 13th 2009 5:03 am

Originally Posted by husaing (Post 7375313)
Hi Mehr,
How can anyone be on CSL but not on MODL? :confused: I think CSL is a subset of MODL.

Yeah that's what I thought so I didn't even check the CSL until a few weeks after I heard it was released! But to my surprise, I found out that my occupation is in CSL. I am an urban planner.

sco Mar 13th 2009 5:06 am

Originally Posted by mavios (Post 7376168)
You are CSL? there must be a mistake somewhere. What is your occupation?

MODL, CSL. Electronics engineer.

Here's their answer:

Dear Agent,
>
> Thank you for your email regarding the subclass 175 visa application for Mr
> sco.
>
> At this stage your clients file has not been allocated to a case officer.
>
> In regard to the status and future progress of the application please refer
> to the information below:
>
> From 1 January 2009, the new Ministerial Direction gives priority
> processing to applications strictly in the following order:
>
> 1. employer sponsorship; then
> 2. State or Territory Sponsorship; then
> 3. an occupation on the Critical Skill List (CSL); then
> 4. Business Skills; then
> 5. an occupation on the MODL; and then
> 6. All other applications
>
> State and territory nominated applications have now all been allocated and
> assessments commenced. CSL applications are being processed in date order
> and at the moment we are assessing files lodged prior to the 1st September
> 2007. It is expected that by the 20 th March 2009 all CSL applications
> lodged prior to September 1st 2007 will be allocated. The next allocations
> will be cases with occupations on the CSL lodged after September 1st 2007
> and not until after all CSL applications are allocated will we be able to
> look at the remaining application priorities. Any further updates to our
> new processing priorities will be posted on the DIAC website which we
> encourage you to review on a regular basis.
>
> We appreciate your patience.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Brian Earl

mavios Mar 13th 2009 5:12 am

Originally Posted by sco (Post 7376318)

Here's their answer:

Dear Agent,
>
> sco.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Brian Earl

it looks like your agent inquiry is old, when ASPC was still processing pre Sep 2007 applications. Now they shifted to post Sep 2007, So I guess your agent had the answer say 2 weeks ago and he informed you only now? could that be the answer?
Good luck

mavios Mar 13th 2009 5:16 am

Originally Posted by sco (Post 7376318)

Here's their answer:

Dear Agent,
>
> sco.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Brian Earl

the following text quoted below is extracted from ASPC auto reply email that I recieved on 2 March 2009. You can see that they already passed the Pre-Sep 2007 applications!!

Applications are now being allocated as follows:

State & Territory Nominated Applications:

Once the department has received valid nomination from a state or
territory, applications will be allocated to a case officer within 10
working days.

Applications with Occupations on the Critical Skills List (CSL):

Applications are being allocated in date of lodgement order. All CSL
applictions are expected to be allocated to case officers by end of May

sco Mar 13th 2009 5:21 am

Originally Posted by mavios (Post 7376333)
it looks like your agent inquiry is old, when ASPC was still processing pre Sep 2007 applications. Now they shifted to post Sep 2007, So I guess your agent had the answer say 2 weeks ago and he informed you only now? could that be the answer?
Good luck

DIAC's answer - 3 March. You are right, 2 weeks. And I'm still waiting a CO and request(PCC, medicine).

mavios Mar 13th 2009 5:23 am

Originally Posted by sco (Post 7376357)
DIAC's answer - 3 March. You are right, 2 weeks. And I'm still waiting a CO and request(PCC, medicine).

So by now you should have a CO, and my guess is they didn't require any thing from you.
I would say be prepared for a grant ;)

good luck

sco Mar 13th 2009 5:29 am

Originally Posted by mavios (Post 7376368)
So by now you should have a CO, and my guess is they didn't require any thing from you.
I would say be prepared for a grant ;)

good luck

I sent them PCC and Meds in dec '07, just when they requested. But now PCC's and Meds's lifetime is over, and i'm waiting a new request.

mavios Mar 13th 2009 5:33 am

Originally Posted by sco (Post 7376385)
I sent them PCC and Meds in dec '07, just when they requested. But now PCC's and Meds's lifetime is over, and i'm waiting a new request.

I think they will request PCC and Meds after they check all the documents first, To my understanding they always ask for PCC and Meds in the final stage after they have all the requirements met.

Good Luck

slackbloke Mar 13th 2009 6:03 am

Originally Posted by sco (Post 7376385)

What do you mean 'just when they requested'? If you didn't and don't have a CO they can't have been requested so you shouldn't have sent them

mavios Mar 13th 2009 6:11 am

Originally Posted by slackbloke (Post 7376476)
What do you mean 'just when they requested'? If you didn't and don't have a CO they can't have been requested so you shouldn't have sent them

I think he means the fact the PCC and MEDs usually being required at the time of application. Also agents had a common practice at that time (dec 2007) to request from the applicant to front load PCC and MEDs

sco Mar 13th 2009 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by slackbloke (Post 7376476)

The PCC and Meds were requested two days after lodgement by the Diac(they asked to complete it within 28 days, as usual). They(PCC and Meds) could be requested not only by CO. My agent say: there are a lot of common clerks, who requested different docs (e.g. 1022form, reference letters, another necessary docs), and inspected the case. And when case is proved, it is allocated to CO tomake a decision on visa. it was before priority changes.

By now the allocation to CO depends on priority.

slackbloke Mar 13th 2009 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by sco (Post 7377426)
The PCC and Meds were requested two days after lodgement by the Diac(they asked to complete it within 28 days, as usual). They(PCC and Meds) could be requested not only by CO. My agent say: there are a lot of common clerks, who requested different docs (e.g. 1022form, reference letters, another necessary docs), and inspected the case. And when case is proved, it is allocated to CO tomake a decision on visa. it was before priority changes.

By now the allocation to CO depends on priority.

DIAC ask you not to submit PCC and Meds unless specifically requested to by a CO. The description your agent has given doesn't seem to match with the process often described on this forum; nothing is requested until a CO is assigned as far as I understand it. In fact there was a thread yesterday saying the visas are normally provisionally approved with the final step being the meds and PCC, there is no point them being requested unless all the other paperwork has been checked. Your case seems to be very unusual.

fifty_pence Mar 13th 2009 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by slackbloke (Post 7378052)
DIAC ask you not to submit PCC and Meds unless specifically requested to by a CO. The description your agent has given doesn't seem to match with the process often described on this forum; nothing is requested until a CO is assigned as far as I understand it. In fact there was a thread yesterday saying the visas are normally provisionally approved with the final step being the meds and PCC, there is no point them being requested unless all the other paperwork has been checked. Your case seems to be very unusual.

The statement advising applicants to NOT complete their medicals & PCC's unless asked for, has only come up quite recentley - I think after December 17th.

Before that, DIAC would normally email you, along with the acknowledgement and fee reciept, a document checklist asking you to upload all the required documents (on the checklist) with in 28 days. The health requirements and form 47 overseas panel clearence would read 'required' .. So most of the applicants who didn't hire an agent, frontloaded their PCC's and Medicals just to be on the safe side.

coops432 Mar 13th 2009 9:07 pm

An extract from some of my docs...

Health and Character Checking
Applicants can reduce the time taken to finalise the application by commencing health and character checking before their application is allocated to a case officer, however, applicants and migration agents should be aware that:
o Applicants are responsible for all costs associated with medical examinations and providing police clearances;
o Health examinations and police clearances have limited validity periods, generally for a period of 12 months;
o If clearances expire before the application is finalised they may be requested again, and must be provided at the applicant’s cost;
o The ASPC may need to undertake other checking in respect of the application that can delay a decision; and
o Undertaking health examinations and providing police clearances does not guarantee an application will be successful.
As advised above applicants and Agents can monitor which applications are currently being allocated for assessing when deciding when to undertake health and character procedures.
Important: Applicants are not required to undertake these checks now and can wait until requested to do so by the case officer assessing their application.
Non-migrating family members of SIR visa applicants do not need to undertake health and character checking.

Roni Mar 13th 2009 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by slackbloke (Post 7378052)

My friend slackbloke,

If you will read the acknol. letter recived you will see that they said that if you want the proces to be faster you can make the med and pcc

slackbloke Mar 13th 2009 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Roni (Post 7378099)
My friend slackbloke,

If you will read the acknol. letter recived you will see that they said that if you want the proces to be faster you can make the med and pcc

I have an acknowledgement email from July and it does NOT say submitting the meds and pcc upfront will speed up the process.

slackbloke Mar 13th 2009 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by coops432 (Post 7378090)
An extract from some of my docs...

Applicants can reduce the time taken to finalise the application by commencing health and character checking before their application is allocated to a case officer, however, applicants and migration agents should be aware that:
o Applicants are responsible for all costs associated with medical examinations and providing police clearances;
o Health examinations and police clearances have limited validity periods, generally for a period of 12 months;
o If clearances expire before the application is finalised they may be requested again, and must be provided at the applicant’s cost;
o The ASPC may need to undertake other checking in respect of the application that can delay a decision; and
o Undertaking health examinations and providing police clearances does not guarantee an application will be successful.
As advised above applicants and Agents can monitor which applications are currently being allocated for assessing when deciding when to undertake health and character procedures.
Important: Applicants are not required to undertake these checks now and can wait until requested to do so by the case officer assessing their application.
Non-migrating family members of SIR visa applicants do not need to undertake health and character checking.

This is interesting, did you receive this at application time or afterwards? Did you do an online or paper application?

Roni Mar 13th 2009 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by slackbloke (Post 7378105)
I have an acknowledgement email from July and it does NOT say submitting the meds and pcc upfront will speed up the process.

Applicants can reduce the time taken to finalise the application by commencing health and character checking before their application is allocated to a case officer. Please refer to the sections on health and character checking in the attachment.

slackbloke Mar 13th 2009 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Roni (Post 7378137)
Applicants can reduce the time taken to finalise the application by commencing health and character checking before their application is allocated to a case officer. Please refer to the sections on health and character checking in the attachment.

Sorry, I have idea what you are talking about. What attachment?

Roni Mar 13th 2009 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by slackbloke (Post 7378150)
Sorry, I have idea what you are talking about. What attachment?

what you have recived with ack letter

slackbloke Mar 13th 2009 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Roni (Post 7378195)
what you have recived with ack letter

It wasn't a letter, it was an email, and there was no attachment, no mention of health and character checking.

coops432 Mar 13th 2009 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by slackbloke (Post 7378135)
This is interesting, did you receive this at application time or afterwards? Did you do an online or paper application?

it was my acknowledgement of docs received in adelaide, loads of info and other kinda useful stuff.

In an email.

mine is paper app, this is standard reply to all apps received i believe.

coops.

ABB1 Mar 13th 2009 11:09 pm

HI,

i'm a jan 2008 paper based CSL applicant (IT Pro), still no CO, should i get worried or are there any other Jan 2008 people who doesn't have CO allocation yet?

When i sent PLE said no CO yet :-(

realyy worried now

Thanx

mavios Mar 13th 2009 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by ABB1 (Post 7378321)
HI,

i'm a jan 2008 paper based CSL applicant (IT Pro), still no CO, should i get worried or are there any other Jan 2008 people who doesn't have CO allocation yet?

realyy worried now

Thanx

when did you get the reply on your PLE? If you got 1-2 weeks ago chances are you have a CO now

I'm also a paper based 176 (family) applicant. When I tried to check via PLE I got a reply that my email address is not authorized. Did you submit a form or something to get your email authorised?

Good luck

Altavista Mar 14th 2009 1:33 am

Originally Posted by ABB1 (Post 7378321)
HI,

realyy worried now

Thanx

Have you notified DIAC that you are CSL.

As per their upates on first two weeks of March, they instructed IT professionals to inform DIAC that you are CSL.

Every IT professional has to advise DIAC that they are CSL.

Malikkhi Mar 14th 2009 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Altavista (Post 7378511)
Have you notified DIAC that you are CSL.

As per their upates on first two weeks of March, they instructed IT professionals to inform DIAC that you are CSL.

Every IT professional has to advise DIAC that they are CSL.

Yeah Altavista is right u need to notify DIAC regarding ur entitlement on CSL. Send mail to DAIC with this LINK
Last week i did the same and then DIAC had confirmed me that my entitlement on CSL has been noted on my file.

Cheers

ABB1 Mar 14th 2009 5:07 am

thanx guys,

yep i already acknowledgd them using PLE regarding my CSL (IT) status and they replied saying it's noted.

I sent the PLE regarding my status inquiry last week and got the reply just day bfr yesterday.

So no idea why it's late?

Are there any other 2008 Jan applicants like me waiting for a CO?

racks Mar 14th 2009 10:24 pm

Has there been any change in your online status on the enquiry page..??
I am a Dec '07 applicant (CSL/HR country) and haven't been alloted a CO yet..