Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

granted student visa after skilled visa 175 has lodged

granted student visa after skilled visa 175 has lodged

Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:18 am
Banned

somsom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default granted student visa after skilled visa 175 has lodged

Hi All,
I have applied for skilled visa subclass 175 MODL as accountant and i have lodged an application for WA SS in July ,i have granted student visa to study in Sydney yesterday to study higher diploma of accounting ,what should i do now after getting the student visa ?can i change my application from offshore application to Onshore application what should i do after if i get WA SS ?.i have already done the medical for the student visa can i use the same for skilled visa whenever required ? please help .
Old Aug 13th 2009, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

zee004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: granted student visa after skilled visa 175 has lodged

hi,

could you please tell me that in which course your have taken admission. I am also plaining to go to australia for Advanced diploma in accouting to nmit this is two years program is this will be ok to get visa
Old Aug 14th 2009, 12:01 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

The 176SS visa is 'Offshore' only - but don't worry, all that will happen is you tell DIAC of your plans and your entry date into Aus for the study course (and new address etc when you have one), and when it comes time for the 176 to be granted they will let you know (pre-grant letter or email) and then you can temporarily leave Australia (most people go to New Zealand or Asia) and the visa is granted while you are away.

You cannot have the visa granted onshore.

I don't know if they will accept the student visa medical - you will have to ask your Case Officer when he/she is assigned in due time.

Good luck.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

sunitram is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tking
The 176SS visa is 'Offshore' only - but don't worry, all that will happen is you tell DIAC of your plans and your entry date into Aus for the study course (and new address etc when you have one), and when it comes time for the 176 to be granted they will let you know (pre-grant letter or email) and then you can temporarily leave Australia (most people go to New Zealand or Asia) and the visa is granted while you are away.

You cannot have the visa granted onshore.

I don't know if they will accept the student visa medical - you will have to ask your Case Officer when he/she is assigned in due time.

Good luck.
Do you mean that one need to go back to his own country to get a profer visa after being pre-granted? Actually I have a same situation here. I lodged my 175 (CSL/MODL, but not any state sponsor) and considering the current processing speed, it is highly likely I can be approved in next year and I applied to a Uni and I'll get my student visa, and enther Oz before I get my PR.
Is there any other way of getting my PR during my studying period in Oz without going back to my country?
Old Aug 14th 2009, 2:51 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to go back to 'your country' you can go to ANY country except Australia - that's why i said most people go to New Zealand or Asia.

An offshore visa (175, 176 etc) CANNOT be granted onshore.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tking
You don't have to go back to 'your country' you can go to ANY country except Australia - that's why i said most people go to New Zealand or Asia.

An offshore visa (175, 176 etc) CANNOT be granted onshore.
Oh. I see, Thank you. I'm sorry to bother you but one more please... Shall all family members go to other country or just main applicant. I'm not sure if I can afford that or not at that time.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:16 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunitram
Oh. I see, Thank you. I'm sorry to bother you but one more please... Shall all family members go to other country or just main applicant.
Whole family.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Whole family.
Oh.God !! My kids will love it, but...... Definitely I need to earn more.
Thanks JAJ.