Granted

Old May 27th 2014, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all
Default Granted

So I got my 189 visa grant letter through. Amazed as it only took 5 weeks from the date of submitting application. Definitely welcome news but I have mixed emotions. The next 12 months leaving the UK are going to be difficult as I'll be leaving my girlfriend of 5 years behind.
Old May 27th 2014, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Granted

Originally Posted by Alborg
So I got my 189 visa grant letter through. Amazed as it only took 5 weeks from the date of submitting application. Definitely welcome news but I have mixed emotions. The next 12 months leaving the UK are going to be difficult as I'll be leaving my girlfriend of 5 years behind.
Well congratulations on the visa. But you do have a choice re the girlfriend so ...
Old May 27th 2014, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Well congratulations on the visa. But you do have a choice re the girlfriend so ...
Choice as in partner on application? At the time I applied I assumed it was for wives or relatives so didn't even consider it and add her on my application. I've been open throughout the whole process and years before on my desire to emmigrate for a better lifestyle. She's already told me numerous times she wouldn't emmigrate to Australia. So it's crunch time.
Old May 28th 2014, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Choice as in partner on application? At the time I applied I assumed it was for wives or relatives so didn't even consider it and add her on my application. I've been open throughout the whole process and years before on my desire to emmigrate for a better lifestyle. She's already told me numerous times she wouldn't emmigrate to Australia. So it's crunch time.
Just choice. Australia or girlfriend.

It is indeed crunch time, but if you don't want same things then better to confront this now than later when married with kids etc and then things get really complicated.

I think it is ok to decide that Australia is more of a priority for you, it just shows that she is not the one.

But notions of a better life are just that, notions. Some find life better, some worse, some just the same. Not many that have actually moved talk about a "better lifestyle", even if very happy and settled. It is usually people that have never been here that talk about a better lifestyle.
Old May 28th 2014, 1:36 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Once you've sampled the delights of Aussie and KiWi girls she will be but a distant memory. Well done on the Visa, it's time to look forward now, not back.
Old May 28th 2014, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by spuddyo
Once you've sampled the delights of Aussie and KiWi girls she will be but a distant memory. Well done on the Visa, it's time to look forward now, not back.