British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Granted an 820 visa, now what? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/granted-820-visa-now-what-931208/)

jazzys Feb 19th 2020 8:14 am

Granted an 820 visa, now what?

Hi guys, we've just had notice that our 820 visa has been granted.
​​​​​​How does that affect us and our situation.
It's the 801 we ultimately need of course. How long before that lands, any idea?

Cheers

Paul Hand Feb 19th 2020 9:25 am

Re: Granted an 820 visa, now what?

You need to provide updated information for the 801 2 years after you originally applied for the visas. It’s not automatic, unless you were in a long term relationship and then they would have come through pretty much together.

jazzys Feb 19th 2020 10:11 am

So you're saying we have to provide more info. What is it they are after exactly. There's no mention of what they require...

Thanks

Dorothy Feb 19th 2020 11:47 am

Originally Posted by jazzys (Post 12808664)
So you're saying we have to provide more info. What is it they are after exactly. There's no mention of what they require...

Thanks

In 2 years you will need to provide updatefupdated info such as your relationship status, address, etc.

jazzys Feb 19th 2020 6:12 pm

It seems rather strange that the email from immi has the visa grant attachment, but there is nothing asking us to provide any further evidence about our relationship.

Do we now have to go online and start an application for the 801....is that how it works???

Thanks

Paul Hand Feb 19th 2020 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by jazzys (Post 12808872)

Do we now have to go online and start an application for the 801....is that how it works???

Thanks

Yes it is.

Pollyana Feb 20th 2020 4:57 am

Originally Posted by jazzys (Post 12808872)
It seems rather strange that the email from immi has the visa grant attachment, but there is nothing asking us to provide any further evidence about our relationship.

Thanks

You go online and apply for the 801 2 years after your initial application. They will want to see that its still a committed relationship. Over your years on here you will have seen many posts about the 801 and the 100. Go back and look at the evidence we supplied then :)

jazzys Feb 20th 2020 5:02 am

Thanks Pollyanna, I just wasn't sure of the process and figured the granting of the 820 would come with a little guidance on what to do next...

🤔🤔🤔

Pollyana Feb 20th 2020 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by jazzys (Post 12809070)
Thanks Pollyanna, I just wasn't sure of the process and figured the granting of the 820 would come with a little guidance on what to do next...

🤔🤔🤔

I think it used to, but no longer. When I was getting visas they used to tell you when the two years was nearly up so that you could start getting the stuff together; now they don't even do that, its up to you to remember the dates!

SoCalDon Feb 20th 2020 9:39 pm

Having gone through the 820, 801 and citizenship process over the last seven years, my best advice is not to worry about it. Just get on with your lives and, as long as you're in a committed relationship, you will have no problems getting through the next stage. As Polly says, keep an eye on the dates, take your time over the application and shoot it off when it's ready.

I found the process to be a little stressful at first but it all ran very smoothly. Just don't hold your breath - it'll happen when it happens!

jazzys Feb 20th 2020 9:48 pm

Thanks mate, the application for the 820 took a lot of work but we anticipate the 801 being a lot simpler.
Apparently we can apply one month before the submission date of the 820.
We'll gather things up over the next month and shoot it away as soon as we're allowed...

Regards Jeff