Graduate visa to 885 PR

Old Mar 23rd 2012, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

canadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nice
Default Graduate visa to 885 PR

Hi,

Since I first moved to Australia 3 years ago, DIAC has caused me so much stress by changing their rules over and over again.

I came here on a student visa. Did my diploma at TAFE. TRA changed their rules halfway thru my training.

I underwent the new JRP. Paid all that crazy money and had my job assessment last week and was successful.

My graduate visa was granted 11 months after my application.

I put everything in place in order to apply for PR when I was assigned a CO.

I sat the IELTS because I need to claim 20 points in order to get my minimum of 65....

Actually I only need 15... But the options are 10 or 20.

Imagine my disappointment when I got my results for IELTS as follows:

Listening: 9, Speaking: 9, Reading 7.5, writing 7..... I need 8 in each separate band! I'm not sure if that is even possible!

Have any of you received a minimum of 8 in each band?

I am short 5 points now and cannot apply for PR. My visa will expire in August 2013.

I am going to resit the IELTS exam in the hopes of getting a more lenient marker for the written or somehow perform much better.

I don't think state sponsorship is an option I'm an aircraft maintenance engineer and I don't see it on the NSW list.

I may be able to do the NAATI accreditation but it seems difficult and expensive. I can speak French, but my written French is not so good.

I've always studied in English....
Old Mar 24th 2012, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Graduate visa to 885 PR

Just take it again, you are nearly there with the reading, it was proably just one or two questions that meant you missed by a half mark.

On the writing side, my advice is to not use words you are not 100pc sure of the spelling of and leave enough room and enough time to go back through with a fine tooth comb and correct any grammatical errors.

Of course it is possible to get all 8's, I did my IELTS before it was necessary to get all 8's for points and managed it quite easily, so do many others. You were either unlucky or just need a bit more practice, pick yourself up, dust yourself down and try again.

Old Mar 24th 2012, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

canadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nice

Thanks for the encouraging words. I think I will concentrate on my structure for my essay. I'm pretty confident with spelling and grammar. I think I will try to use bigger words as well

It appears I missed the reading by 1 question. Perhaps because I used some of my time to go for a bathroom break? Note to self, you get to use the bathroom at 8AM and do not get to use it again until 12:30PM... DRINK LESS WATER!

That way, I'll have time to review my answers more carefully.

I am a mathematical type person, not a writer
Old May 5th 2012, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my provisional online results for my 2nd sitting in IELTS and scored my minimum of 8 in each band this time I will be applying for my 885 PR visa next week when I receive the paper copy of my results in the mail.

Was wondering if people are doing their medicals in advance for the 885 application or are they waiting to be asked for them?
Old May 5th 2012, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadiangal75
Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my provisional online results for my 2nd sitting in IELTS and scored my minimum of 8 in each band this time I will be applying for my 885 PR visa next week when I receive the paper copy of my results in the mail.

Was wondering if people are doing their medicals in advance for the 885 application or are they waiting to be asked for them?
Congratulations.
Old May 5th 2012, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

I did better this time.. got 9 in speaking and listening, 8.5 in reading and 8 in writing I was very excited to get the results. Now my application will be in before the July 1st changeover
Old May 5th 2012, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. :-)
Old May 5th 2012, 6:53 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty certain you MUST do your medical prior to submitting the 885 application. Double check on the immi site.

Congrats on the IELTS.
Old May 5th 2012, 8:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldchoccycoin
I'm pretty certain you MUST do your medical prior to submitting the 885 application. Double check on the immi site.

Congrats on the IELTS.
According to the checklist on DIAC, you have to provide the booking reference number from Medibank health, it doesn't state you have to have had the medical done but maybe someone who's applied will know for sure.
Old May 5th 2012, 11:27 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldchoccycoin

Congrats on the IELTS.
Originally Posted by moneypenny20
According to the checklist on DIAC, you have to provide the booking reference number from Medibank health, it doesn't state you have to have had the medical done but maybe someone who's applied will know for sure.
Moneypenny is quite correct. This is what the DIAC page says:

Health – Eligibility

You must show evidence when you lodge your application, that you have made arrangements to undergo a medical examination.

You need only obtain a reference number from Medibank Health Solutions to meet the time of application health requirement. You should phone Medibank Health Solutions and state that you are applying for a General Skilled Migration visa and request a reference number. This reference number must then be provided as evidence as part of your application. You must ensure that you retain a copy of this reference number.

See: Health Requirements

Medical examination results are only valid for a limited period of time. Therefore, you and any secondary applicants should not undertake medical examinations until requested to do so by the department.

Before lodging an application, please read all related requirements.
Old May 5th 2012, 4:38 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, must have changed since my time! Best of luck OP!
Old May 6th 2012, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

The online application accepted our out of date medical reference numbers which I just used. If you do a new one now, it will be out of date by the time you are assigned a CO anyway, and they will ask you to get another done. I did have 2 send off for updated police checks as they were not accepted on the application, these will be out of date so will have to get them done again once assigned a CO!! Well done on the marks n good luck with your application ;-)

Cheers
Mandy
Old May 25th 2012, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone, just an update. I used a booking reference number for my 885 aopplication and that was fine. I booked my medical and did it last Friday. I then got an email from my CO on Monday (2 weeks after my application being submitted) asking me to do my medicals. I phoned them today (Friday) to ask what to do with my medicals once I receive them in the mail and they checked my file and told me they received my medicals already and to just hang on to the sealed envelopes I receive from Medibank. I wander how long until they make a decision now? Do they ask for more documents later on? Or is it all in that initial letter?
Old May 26th 2012, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Update... visa granted! lodgment date May 7th, grant date May 25th... That was quick! Visa has a 5 year life date where I am expected to obtain citizenship within that timeframe otherwise, I will require a RRV if I travel after the 5 years. I think this is a new thing.
Old May 26th 2012, 12:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Update... visa granted! lodgment date May 7th, grant date May 25th... That was quick! Visa has a 5 year life date where I am expected to obtain citizenship within that timeframe otherwise, I will require a RRV if I travel after the 5 years. I think this is a new thing.
Nope, it's how it's been for forever. Some people never get Citizenship and just rely on RRVs if they need to travel, others want Citizenship as soon as they can. No rights or wrongs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.