Graduate Visa

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light
Default Graduate Visa

I'm gonna apply for the graduate visa probably next month or so, can anyone tell me if this visa definately starts when your student visa runs out and not before? I can't find this info on immi website....

cheers guys xx
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Graduate Visa

Originally Posted by tasmas
I'm gonna apply for the graduate visa probably next month or so, can anyone tell me if this visa definately starts when your student visa runs out and not before? I can't find this info on immi website....

cheers guys xx
Hi Tamas, you have to apply for a bridging visa A first as the graduate visa takes a long while to be granted. The bridging visa comes into effect the day the student visa expires and remains valid until the graduate visa is granted.
S xx
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 11:27 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Also worth noting that the Bridging Visa A (BVA) has the same conditions as the previous visa (so in this case the student visa) so you can work full-time but a notable restriction is that you cannot leave Australia on the BVA - you would need to apply for a BVB to have a holiday/visit home etc.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Streaks
Hi Tamas, you have to apply for a bridging visa A first as the graduate visa takes a long while to be granted. The bridging visa comes into effect the day the student visa expires and remains valid until the graduate visa is granted.
S xx
Hi just wanted to point out that you don't apply for the bridging visa, you are automatically issued the bridging visa once the application for your graduate visa has been received. You can apply for the graduate visa as soon as you are eligible. Good luck!!

Also. . . Prepare for a long wait on the bridging visa, we're days away from a year since application was lodged!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

So Mandy....will they take that year off your 18month graduate visa? Or will you get 18 months on top of the year you've already waited? If they don't we really want them to take as long as possible so we've got longer to find sponsors etc....
Oh, and can you both work full time on that bridging visa or just you?

Ta very much for input xx
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tasmas
So Mandy....will they take that year off your 18month graduate visa? Or will you get 18 months on top of the year you've already waited? If they don't we really want them to take as long as possible so we've got longer to find sponsors etc....
Oh, and can you both work full time on that bridging visa or just you?

Ta very much for input xx
The 18 months starts once you have the graduate visa, the wait on the bridging visa does not count towards it. You can both work full time at the date the student visa expires as long as you have been issued with your bridging visa. The bridging visa is e-mailed to you within 48 hours of it being recieved and kicks in once the student visa has actually expired.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mandyp
The 18 months starts once you have the graduate visa, the wait on the bridging visa does not count towards it. You can both work full time at the date the student visa expires as long as you have been issued with your bridging visa. The bridging visa is e-mailed to you within 48 hours of it being recieved and kicks in once the student visa has actually expired.

Cheers
Mandy
Thanks very much Mandy! It's good to know....
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

if you are going on the job ready programme you can go straight for pr once you have finished it if you have satisfied all the requirements even if the graduate visa has still not been granted - you can go on the job ready programme whilst on a bridging visa.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

dong is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandyp

Cheers
Mandy
Sorry tasmas for hijacking your thread and adding my query. It may also be useful questions for you and hopefully I can avail a better chance from mandyp and Streaks.

What is the best order for submit two applications; (i) graduate visa and (ii) 885 visa, considering a person is eligible for both? I am asking in a context of bridging visa. Are the bridging visas for both same? And the reason for two applications is, graduate visa is expected to be granted faster than 885 thus allows to travel overseas afterwards and 885 is a permanent.

Also is there any impact on 885 bridging visa if one submit graduate visa application after 885?
Old Nov 4th 2010, 12:22 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi dong,

I suggest you speak to a migration Agent well versed in Student to PR visas (I recommend George Lombard) to get things sorted. It won't cot the earth to have a chat to get things straight in your mind.

I would just apply for the 885 - get the Bridging visa A and then apply for a Bridging visa B (which allows travel) - I think Pumpkin Blossom just did this with no problems. Both the Graduate Visa and the 885 are taking more than 12 months at the moment it seems depending on your occupation/skill. However, there may be a flaw in my thinking that I am not aware of - I applied straight for the 885 but this was in 2007. Speak to George!

Good luck.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dong
Sorry tasmas for hijacking your thread and adding my query. It may also be useful questions for you and hopefully I can avail a better chance from mandyp and Streaks.

What is the best order for submit two applications; (i) graduate visa and (ii) 885 visa, considering a person is eligible for both? I am asking in a context of bridging visa. Are the bridging visas for both same? And the reason for two applications is, graduate visa is expected to be granted faster than 885 thus allows to travel overseas afterwards and 885 is a permanent.

Also is there any impact on 885 bridging visa if one submit graduate visa application after 885?
good morning Dong,
In our situation my son had to apply for the graduate visa first so he was able to get a bridging visa as at the moment he doesn't satisfy all the requirements for a permanant visa - a bridging visa is granted when you apply for either a graduate or permanant visa but as the graduate visas are taking so long to be granted it makes sense to apply for a permanant one first if you are able to. We've been told that the graduate visa could take up to 12 months or so to be granted so it's a long wait on a bridging visa with all the restrictions of no travel. Im not sure if you can apply for 2 visas at the same time (graduate/permanant) hopefully someone else can help you on this.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tking
Hi dong,

I suggest you speak to a migration Agent well versed in Student to PR visas (I recommend George Lombard) to get things sorted. It won't cot the earth to have a chat to get things straight in your mind.

I would just apply for the 885 - get the Bridging visa A and then apply for a Bridging visa B (which allows travel) - I think Pumpkin Blossom just did this with no problems. Both the Graduate Visa and the 885 are taking more than 12 months at the moment it seems depending on your occupation/skill. However, there may be a flaw in my thinking that I am not aware of - I applied straight for the 885 but this was in 2007. Speak to George!

Good luck.
Yes, would definately agree on speaking to an agent. You can only apply for a bridging B in extreme circumstances (either serious illness or death of a close relative) it doesn't allow for general travel so you are pretty much grounded whilst on the bridging A but either way you will be on a bridging visa for a long while whatever visa you apply for.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 12:50 am
Addicted to browsing BE

That's what I understood about Bridging Visa B's too. However, when i was looking into it it seems they will grant them much more easily than that (I.e. to visit family if you haven't seen them for a while, mate's wedding etc.) and I believe that another member here - Pumpkin Blossom - I think - has just done this.

I would ask an agent about your options and about the BVB in particular.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I got back on Saturday from a holiday to Hong Kong.
I was rather nervous as obviously you can't apply for the bridging visa b until close to the time, by which time I had flights etc booked.

I filled in the form with the dates I was travelling, put the reason for travel as 'to see a close friend who I have not seen in 3 years' (as I had not left oz on my student visa) and they handed it over no problems. I don't think the bloke even looked at the reason, just asked me where I was going, how long, ooooooohhhh have a nice time etc. Told me I have 3 months in which I can travel anywhere. I told him I was unlikely to go anywhere other than my little holiday and he said 'well, you never know when you might win a holiday or something'.
So yer, really was not hard to get at all, no 3rd degree, just a nice friendly immigration bloke.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

mango4 will become famous soon enough

Its a good idea to apply for both for 2 reasons that I can see (only because I have found out the hard way!)

1. If you have kids there are no international school fees to pay on graduate visa where there is on Bridging visa A - (why are we penalised for being able to qualify for 885/6 straight away I dont understand but hey this is DIAC ????)

2. If you find an employer I think you can transfer your 885/6 to ENS onshore with no fee...but if you just on bridging visa for 885/6 you have to pay for offshore ENS and fund a trip overseas.....

Hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.