Wikiposts

Graduate Diploma in Primary Education

Old Dec 15th 2007, 3:55 am
Just Joined

George318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Graduate Diploma in Primary Education

Hi,

just wondered if anyone could clarify something for me. I have just found out months after applying that I have been accepted on to the Graduate Diplomas of education. Does anyone know that if me and my boyfriend apply for a student visa that my boyfriend would get full working rights and not be restricted to the 20 hour rule. I know that for a masters this is the case but has anyone had a dependent work full time on a student visa for a graduate diploma??

If anyone knows could you please help as we are really unsure!!!

Thank you so much.

George
Old Dec 15th 2007, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of
Default Re: Graduate Diploma in Primary Education

Bumping to the top - think this requires a migration agent's advice.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:50 pm
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

Appears not possible as DIAC are very specific that it must be a Master course http://www.immi.gov.au/students/stud...conditions.htm

Where are you studying? It would probably be possible to receive offer for Master and enrol (you pay semester by semester), as the Grad Dip is the course work for the Master, generally.....

It does not mean that you would necessarily go onto the Master, you can gain awards as you go along e.g. Grad Certificate, Grad Diploma etc.

Cheers Andrew
Old Dec 16th 2007, 5:20 am
Just Joined

George318 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by balkanghost
Appears not possible as DIAC are very specific that it must be a Master course http://www.immi.gov.au/students/stud...conditions.htm

Where are you studying? It would probably be possible to receive offer for Master and enrol (you pay semester by semester), as the Grad Dip is the course work for the Master, generally.....

It does not mean that you would necessarily go onto the Master, you can gain awards as you go along e.g. Grad Certificate, Grad Diploma etc.

Cheers Andrew

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the reply. I will be studying at James Cook Uni. I am not sure the difference between grad diploma. grad cert and masters but on the immigration site it only mentions students enrolled in Masters by coursework (visa 573) having dependents who have full working rights. Sorry if I seem a bit confused but how do I know which student visa clause I would be applying for?
Not sure if I should speak to JCU and see if they could help or clarify!!!