Wikiposts

Got Visa now confused

Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

billaustin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got Visa now confused

Hi,
I just got my visa (136 skilled migrant subclass BN).
I have read the Visa grant letter and it mentions of an "Change of circumstances" form to be filled and filed with the evidence of visa grant.

The last change of circumstance that I filled was before my visa was granted to the case officer based on which the visa was granted ( I got married and my spouse received the visa).

Since then no change in circumstance has occured.
So the question is do I send a blank "chnage of circumstance" form as their has not being any changes since the visa has been granted or the one filled to DIMA before the visa was granted.
Thank you
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

alvindmello is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got Visa now confused

Hi,

I am not very sure as to what exactly your visa grant letter states.
I got my 138 visa sometime back and it mentioned

"Change of circumstances
Visa holders are reminded that this Department must be notified if circumstances change and any answer given in the application form, or any information given in relation to the application, is no longer correct. The obligation to notify changes of circumstances extends up until the initial entry
to Australia on the visas now granted."

This clearly states that if there is a change, only then i need to file a "change of Circumstances" and its obligation is till me initial entry.

Alvin
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

CONGRATULATIONS on visa enjoy your newlife downunder.

Sorry cant help with q

Suexx
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:15 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

I presume that you told DIAC that you'd got married during your application.
If you did then there are no changes in circumstance!

However if you've married and not told them then, you probably should.

Ali x
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah,
I told them that I got married and based on that they gave the visa to my spouse. Every other change of circumstance was also mentioned in the "Chnage of Circumstance" form before I got my Visa.
So I am guessing I send a blank one(Chnage of Circumstances) one.

I am also told whiling sending your passports to the offshore embassy with your visa evidence, i need to send Form (994i) Settlement info for migrants &
Form (886) Settlement Details. But I am only planning to make the initial entry so do I have fill the above forms ?

Can any one help with this ?

Thank you
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

I think you only have to send the change of circumstances form if there has been a change. No change = ignore the form. Well, that's what I did and I got my visa!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Thank you guys,
But info on the settlement forms if I am just intending to do a initial entry right now?
Thank you
Old Sep 18th 2007, 5:08 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

It probably doesn't matter tbh what you put on it... if you are planning a particular state then put that... you're entitled to change your mind anyhow!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billaustin
Thank you guys,
But info on the settlement forms if I am just intending to do a initial entry right now?
Thank you
I didn't return those either! Just sent off the passport and it came back with a nice sticker in it but no request for anything else to follow.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

So you just sent the Passport and the visa grant letter and it was all kosher !!
Is my understanding right ?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

alvindmello is an unknown quantity at this point

I too sent my visa grant letter and our passports, it returned in a day. Only the passport came with the visa evidence (stickers). Instead of complicating things, just send them the visa grant letter and passports. If they need anything else, they will let you know.

Alvin
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by billaustin
So you just sent the Passport and the visa grant letter and it was all kosher !!
Is my understanding right ?
Yep