Wikiposts

Got visa in 48hours

Old Jun 18th 2004, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough
Default Got visa in 48hours

Hi,

We put in our front-loaded defacto application on Tuesday 15th June and got the big YES today- delivered by the postman out of the blue. Unbelievably fast! What a great feeling after 8 months of aggravation putting the bloody thing together. Didn't even get a phone call. I put in my passport tho' and included a special delivery envelope which I think may have helped speed things up.

Anyway, a big thanks to all those who have posted helpful information on site as this has been of so much assistance. Here's to hoping for similar success to those who are still waiting. Roll on 13 Sept!!!

I will post what evidence we put in very soon.

Cheers

Stu.

Last edited by Stu.E; Jun 18th 2004 at 4:57 am.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Gabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really nice
Default Re: Got visa in 48hours

Originally posted by Stu.E
Hi,

We put in our front-loaded defacto application on Tuesday 15th June and got the big YES today- delivered by the postman out of the blue. Unbelievably fast! What a great feeling after 8 months of aggravation putting the bloody thing together. Didn't even get a phone call. I put in my passport tho' and included a special delivery envelope which I think may have helped speed things up.

Anyway, a big thanks to all those who have posted helpful information on site as this has been of so much assistance. Here's to hoping for similar success to those who are still waiting. Roll on 13 Sept!!!

I will post what evidence we put in very soon.

Cheers

Stu.
Did you hand over your application directly to DIMIA in Adelaide? Or how else would you get a reply in 48 hours? Did it even have the time to reach there? Even by e-mail if you had sent it, still there woudn'y be enough time, practically, for them to POST IT (you said the postman brought it) to you.
Is there a missing link somewhere? Was it your name and your address that the envelope was sent to?
There is something that I miss or don't understand here...

Gabriel
Old Jun 18th 2004, 5:54 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by Gabriel
Did you hand over your application directly to DIMIA in Adelaide? Or how else would you get a reply in 48 hours? Did it even have the time to reach there? Even by e-mail if you had sent it, still there woudn'y be enough time, practically, for them to POST IT (you said the postman brought it) to you.
Is there a missing link somewhere? Was it your name and your address that the envelope was sent to?

Gabriel

There was quite a lot of de facto visas in April that were being processed within a week, they seemed to slowed down during May but looks like they're back on track again now
Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Gabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really nice

Originally posted by mlbonner
There was quite a lot of de facto visas in April that were being processed within a week, they seemed to slowed down during May but looks like they're back on track again now
However fast they may have been... there's something that I cannot take for granted.

You send your application on Tuesday... When will they receive it? Same day? Come on, it's Australia, it's on the other side of the Earth, and even if it was here, round the corner... 2 days... OK, today you submit it, tomorrow they check and approve and in one day you have it back... Even airplanes don't make the trip so fast.
Unless the guy was there himself and waited at the gates for the result.
So what was it about that he got so fast a reply? Maybe it wasn't his! Or a wrong address.
I'm talking here about TIME, and not questioning him receiving the visa. Two days is not enough time to receive teh application or to check it, no matter how fast you want to be.
It is not a matter of one week, but ONE DAY...

So this is what I cannot understand from the information posted.

Gabriel
Old Jun 18th 2004, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

speissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nice

However fast they may have been... there's something that I cannot take for granted.

You send your application on Tuesday... When will they receive it? Same day? Come on, it's Australia, it's on the other side of the Earth, and even if it was here, round the corner... 2 days... OK, today you submit it, tomorrow they check and approve and in one day you have it back... Even airplanes don't make the trip so fast.
So what was it about that he got so fast a reply? Maybe it wasn't his! Or a wrong address.
I'm talking here about TIME, and not questioning him receiving the visa. Two days is not enough time to receive teh application or to check it, no matter how fast you want to be.

Gabriel
Hi Gabriel,

I suppose that Stu. has lodged the application with AHC London, as he's obviously living in GB.
If the applicant is not living in Australia at the time of lodging the visa but in his/her home country, then the application is to be lodged with the embassy located at the home country (or according to the given rules).
So, the application hasn't left GB at all, thus no time problem.

Further more, when all (e.g. health&character, as well as the relationship criterias) is fine with an application and everything is provided frontend loaded, then a decision can be made in a fair quick while.

And it looks like Stu. has provided them with all neccessary documents and met the criterias!
So, nothing wrong or dodgy with the visa grant!

Kind regards,
Sonja

@Stu.E.: Congrats to you !!! Have a good celebration time. And all the best for you. When and where are you going?
I will have my leaving do tomorrow and going on 29th of June (visa granted on defacto grounds in May 04).
Old Jun 18th 2004, 9:35 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Gabriel
I can believe it. I got a request for extra info on my visa from AHC within a few days of them receiving it. For them to request extra info, they must first have read what I'd sent them to know what was missing!

I also sent my passport off late on Monday for the visa to be evidenced and got it back first thing Thursday morning - thats only really 2.5 days too
Old Jun 18th 2004, 9:52 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Gabriel
Partner de facto visas aren't dealt with by Adelaide. They're delat with by the embassy/consulate that receives them.

They're different to the skilled/STNI stuff most of you folk go through.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:28 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

General skilled visas are *not* dealt with by embassies/consulates and applications *must* be lodged directly with the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre.

Jeremy

Originally posted by speissi
Hi Gabriel,

I suppose that Stu. has lodged the application with AHC London, as he's obviously living in GB.
If the applicant is not living in Australia at the time of lodging the visa but in his/her home country, then the application is to be lodged with the embassy located at the home country (or according to the given rules).
So, the application hasn't left GB at all, thus no time problem.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:30 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by JAJ
Stu hasn't been clear about what visa he's applying for. It may be a spouse visa.

General skilled visas are *not* dealt with by embassies/consulates and applications *must* be lodged directly with the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre.

Jeremy

I think he said it was a 'front loaded de facto visa'
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:32 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by JAJ
Stu hasn't been clear about what visa he's applying for. It may be a spouse visa.

Jeremy
That's essentially what I just wrote. From his post, I'd say partner de facto.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

My mistake. Now corrected.

Jeremy

Originally posted by mlbonner
I think he said it was a 'front loaded de facto visa'
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough

Gabriel

Sorry about the confusion but you're way off the mark here.It was a 309 spouse visa. I am in the UK and had my application couriered on the 15th to the AHC in London. I provided every bit of info and evidence required including all forms, medicals, police clearance, my passport, Debit card mandate etc to them. The money was taken from our joint account that day and the visa granted on the 16th. My passport was returned to me in the special delivery envelope I provided with my application on the 18th.

From looking at some of the other posts I'm not the only one to have got a fast reply and it confirms what I thought, in that if you put everything together perfectly as they want you to, and your medicals/police forms are fine, you can expect a swift reply.

And I'm certainly not fibbing!!

Off to Sydney in September and can't wait.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

paul&kath is a jewel in the roughpaul&kath is a jewel in the roughpaul&kath is a jewel in the roughpaul&kath is a jewel in the rough

That list of evidence submitted would be great when you get a mo Stu. Just getting mine up together today to submit on Monday and it would be good to double check it all.

Thanks
Old Jun 19th 2004, 12:46 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by paul&kath
That list of evidence submitted would be great when you get a mo Stu. Just getting mine up together today to submit on Monday and it would be good to double check it all.

Thanks

You can have mine if you want as well (more the merrier!) http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=236084
Old Jun 19th 2004, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

swiss tony is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done and congrats!

Why on earth would he lie??? there have been a few well presented front loaded PS visas in the last 3 or 4 months that I have seen processed in 2 to 3 days so it is not that unusual!

Regards

ST

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.