Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Got Pre-Grant Email...GSM VE 175....What should be my options?

Got Pre-Grant Email...GSM VE 175....What should be my options?

Old Dec 6th 2010, 6:31 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Got Pre-Grant Email...GSM VE 175....What should be my options?

Adding one more question
Do we need to pay for double route fee for passport? means from Lahore to Islamabad Embassy and from Embassy to lahore?

I reckon, i sent my degrees for HEC and they took responsibility to deliver the documnets in my hand.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

tatoo is on a distinguished road

check for Singapore Airlines

Originally Posted by gillgee
Hi

Now,finally I have received my grant letter today on 06 Dec as I decided to go for straight visa grant instead of getting a new PCC.So IED is 10 Jan 2011.

Again many thanks to all members and moderators of this singular forum.

Now,next is How to send my passport to Islamabad Embassy.

Few queries,

I need to send passport only or anything else with passport?

Which Airline is best to travel to Sydney.i wana fly preferably from Lahore.Cheapest fare is on higher priority.
And on which date I can get lowest fares,on Christmas day?or after New year night?

Please advise and share ur findings.

Cheers
Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Got Pre-Grant Email...GSM VE 175....What should be my options?

Hi

Now,finally I have received my grant letter today on 06 Dec as I decided to go for straight visa grant instead of getting a new PCC.So IED is 10 Jan 2011.

Again many thanks to all members and moderators of this singular forum.

Now,next is How to send my passport to Islamabad Embassy.

Few queries,

I need to send passport only or anything else with passport?

Which Airline is best to travel to Sydney.i wana fly preferably from Lahore.Cheapest fare is on higher priority.
And on which date I can get lowest fares,on Christmas day?or after New year night?

Please advise and share ur findings.

Cheers
Send your passport, copy of grant letter, printout of document return address at following address via courier.

Visa Section
Australian High Commission
Constitution Avenue & Ispahani Road
Diplomatic Enclave No. 1
Sector G-5/4
ISLAMABAD - PAKISTAN

You may receive passport after 5 days. You have to pay return courier charges (almost 250 PKR) upon receiving the passport.

Malaysia, Quantas, Cathy Pacific have reasonable rates.
However Thai, Etihad and Emirates are costly airlines.
Ticket rates are very high in december due to christmas, make your reservation for 6,7 or 8 january

Last edited by imranprogrammer; Dec 6th 2010 at 8:57 am.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

roofi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by imranprogrammer
Send your passport, copy of grant letter, printout of document return address at following address via courier.

Visa Section
Diplomatic Enclave No. 1
Sector G-5/4
ISLAMABAD - PAKISTAN

You may receive passport after 5 days. You have to pay return courier charges (almost 250 PKR) upon receiving the passport.

Ticket rates are very high in december due to christmas, make your reservation for 6,7 or 8 january

I guess Quantas and Cathy Pacific fly from Singapore and Hongkong respectively and they do not have any interlinking arrangments with any other airline that fly from Pakistan( as per my knowledge). Malaysian has a flight from Karachi to KL and KL to Sydney. I would say Malaysian will be the cheapest and operates very good 330 from Karachi and 777 onwards.

Rgds
Roofi
Old Dec 6th 2010, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Big Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Got Pre-Grant Email...GSM VE 175....What should be my options?

Dear All

The long wait is finally gone.The day of reckoning has arrived.Here is the good news to share.

I have received an email from my CO as a pre-Grant.

Thanks to all the members and moderators for this wonderful forum.It's such an informative site that it's link must be put up on DIAC's official website

Your valuable suggestions/Comments are strongly needed.What should be my options regarding the email below?

Here is the exact email

""Dear Mr Gillgee,

I refer to your application for visa subclass 175, and advise that the
internal processing is now complete.

I have been able to apply a short extension to your medicals and police
clearance certificate, however please note that if I proceed to grant your
application, the date by which you would need to make an initial entry into
Australia would be 10 January 2011. Please note that there is no minimum
time that you must remain in Australia after you enter, you only need to
arrive on or before that date to activate your visa.

Could you please advise if you would be able to meet this timeframe. If
you cannot, you will need to obtain and provide a new police clearance
certificate. If that is done, the initial entry date would be 8 June 2011.

Please advise what you would like to do. Your response within 7 days from
the date of this email would be appreciated.

Regards
-------------------------
Case Officer - Team 4
General Skilled Migration - Adelaide
Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC)"""

CHEERS
You did it man ! cheers

better book the ticket and start packing your bags...

regards
Bob
Old Dec 6th 2010, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

gillgee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Big Bob
You did it man ! cheers

better book the ticket and start packing your bags...

regards
Bob
thanks mate.

Cheers
Old Dec 7th 2010, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

gh_be_aussie is on a distinguished road

Visa Section
Diplomatic Enclave No. 1
Sector G-5/4
ISLAMABAD - PAKISTAN

[Malaysia, Quantas, Cathy Pacific] All of these flight depart from karachi only. Also , i found that you can get ticket for 62,000 -68000 from lahore to sydney for thai airways...
Old Dec 7th 2010, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gh_be_aussie
[Malaysia, Quantas, Cathy Pacific] All of these flight depart from karachi only. Also , i found that you can get ticket for 62,000 -68000 from lahore to sydney for thai airways...
Yesterday my agent asked me for Malysia airline from karachi to sydney on 51,000. I denied because I am looking for a flight from Islamabad to sydney. Anyways thanks for the information.
Etihad goes from Islamabad but its much costly around 90,000.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

roofi is an unknown quantity at this point

Yesterday my agent asked me for Malysia airline from karachi to sydney on 51,000. I denied because I am looking for a flight from Islamabad to sydney. Anyways thanks for the information.
Etihad goes from Islamabad but its much costly around 90,000.

Dear Imran

I seriously doubt these rates. I would say to cross check these rates as I recently had to buy three tickets for Sydney and checked lots of options.
Your rates are much much much cheaper than what I got from different airlines.
R
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Red face Re: Got Pre-Grant Email...GSM VE 175....What should be my options?

Originally Posted by roofi
Dear Imran

I seriously doubt these rates. I would say to cross check these rates as I recently had to buy three tickets for Sydney and checked lots of options.
Your rates are much much much cheaper than what I got from different airlines.
R
I am talking about only Malysian airline. That was 51,000. I was looking for a seat on 31st of January. What date you are looking.
If you are looking for a seat in december, then the rate may be double.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Dears

I sent my passport to ISB High Commission on Dec 06 and have not received my Passport back.'m a bit concerned now.

Cheers
Old Dec 13th 2010, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Talking Re: Got Pre-Grant Email...GSM VE 175....What should be my options?

Dears

I sent my passport to ISB High Commission on Dec 06 and have not received my Passport back.'m a bit concerned now.

Cheers
Forget about your PP now.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dears

Cheers
I sent my PP within Islamabad and got it back after 7 days. You sent from other city so it may take 10 days.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

I sent my PP within Islamabad and got it back after 7 days. You sent from other city so it may take 10 days.
Ok.Forgotted.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

luvausi is on a distinguished road

even i sent it from lahore and it took me only 4 days. amazing to hear this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.