Got PR visa, but need a new passport

Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

steved is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got PR visa, but need a new passport

I have just read this on the UK passport website under 'Renewing your passport' (http://www.ukpa.gov.uk/_1_applications/1_renewing.asp):

'A new valid passport will be issued. Please note that your old passport will be cancelled. Please be aware that this may invalidate any visas in the passport. You are recommended to contact the issuing authorities to confirm whether an unexpired visa in a cancelled passport remains valid.'

Does anybody know whether my Australian PR visa in my current UK passport will be invalid when the passport is cancelled after it expires in a couple of months?

Thanks,

sd.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:50 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got PR visa, but need a new passport

Originally Posted by steved
I have just read this on the UK passport website under 'Renewing your passport' (http://www.ukpa.gov.uk/_1_applications/1_renewing.asp):

'A new valid passport will be issued. Please note that your old passport will be cancelled. Please be aware that this may invalidate any visas in the passport. You are recommended to contact the issuing authorities to confirm whether an unexpired visa in a cancelled passport remains valid.'

Does anybody know whether my Australian PR visa in my current UK passport will be invalid when the passport is cancelled after it expires in a couple of months?

Thanks,

sd.
No, it won't be invalid. You will need to keep your old and new passport together when you travel in and out of Australia. Although I did read on here that you can get another PR visa/stamp put in your new passport for free??
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steved

Thanks,

sd.
My shiny new visa evidencing sheet rom DIMIA says that you must keep your old passport when travelling to and from Australia, but that you may apply to any DIMIA office in Australia to have the visa transferred to your new passport.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

ShellnTez will become famous soon enoughShellnTez will become famous soon enough

i thought about this prior to applying and got new ones so the visa will be put in a new 10yr passport as i was panicked about the visa being invalid
shell