Got PCC and Medical Request.

Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:04 am
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Got PCC and Medical Request.

Originally Posted by alborz114
Hi all,

We had our medicals last week. Got a call from the Doctor this morning to say my wife has to have another Blood test. She can't have it till Monday morning and the results take 24 hours to come. This will mean that our CO won't get the results till after the 28 day limit.
Will this cause a problem and do I have to notify the CO of the delay?

Thanks
Baz
The 28 day limit is to let your CO know that you have arranged your medicals. It is up to doctors/clinic to report back your results (for which I believe there is no definite time period - and that is out of your control in any case).
Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:17 am
Wherever I lay my hat...

alborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Won't necessarily cause a problem but no one can say for sure because none of us know why she's having another blood test. Could be simply because the last one got dropped. Just let your CO know, the 28 day thing won't be an issue.
Thanks. Not really worried about the blood test. Just worried about the 28 days limit.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Majelan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hope2012
yes agreed uzi, a steep learning curve. hmmm I thought I have not taken it personal, though I get harsh in my last comment, but that is purely because I was criticized for unnecessary reasons. in this very forum(BE) I used "Dear someone" in past, no one pointed it out then. had someone noticed that it would never had happened. I really dont like to get in any sort of controversy. therefore, I feel it is time to apologize once again if someone got hurt with my posts. Thanks.

"Dear" is the most polite word I ever know..like Dear Sir, Dear Madame, ... what the hell is wrong using this? I have worked many years abroad be it west or east, please someone educate me? I am surprised to read this.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Majelan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The usage is completely different.

Dear Ms Moneypenny20,

I would like to explain........

Yours sincerely

YYY

Is a correct means of addressing someone respectfully.

On the other hand though, saying "let me explain dear moneypenny20. when I got my medical and PCC," is very patronising. You don't need the word "dear" in there.
If you wish to call your friends "dear" thats between you and them, but to address someone you don't know in the way you addressed Moneypenny is just patronising - and will not get you help or an answer from many of us on here!
Thank you indeed, so the issue was context...now I understand. But given the commenter was from non-English country, it shouldn't have been interpreted at face value.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by alborz114
Thanks. Not really worried about the blood test. Just worried about the 28 days limit.
Dear Alborz
Seems you are from Iran and as far as I understand your security checking has taken a year to complete despite you are residing in Britain. Does living in more than a country prolong the process of security checking ?
I have been living in a coastal country in Persian Gulf and got stuck in security checking since Dec 2010.
Regards
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:39 pm
Wherever I lay my hat...

alborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nice

Originally Posted by QLDlover
Dear Alborz
Seems you are from Iran and as far as I understand your security checking has taken a year to complete despite you are residing in Britain. Does living in more than a country prolong the process of security checking ?
I have been living in a coastal country in Persian Gulf and got stuck in security checking since Dec 2010.
Regards
QLD,

Don't really know. I don't think anyone knows. I am just hoping that mine is finished now and once the medicals get there, it is only a matter of time before we get the visa. Fingers crossed and good luck with yours.

Alborz
Old Oct 10th 2011, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

NFah is an unknown quantity at this point

hi All.
I finished my medical on 7th October and uploaded PCC.
So what is next step?.
They said my medical will reach there after a week.
once it will be there will it be processing immediately or there is some timeline to process medicals?.
Anybody know about it?.
Thanks in advance
Old Oct 10th 2011, 11:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NFah
hi All.
I finished my medical on 7th October and uploaded PCC.
So what is next step?.
They said my medical will reach there after a week.
once it will be there will it be processing immediately or there is some timeline to process medicals?.
Anybody know about it?.
Thanks in advance
You sit back and wait to hear from CO. Nothing more, nothing less.