Got PCC and Medical Request.

Old Jul 6th 2011, 4:50 am
Just Joined

hope2012 is just really nicehope2012 is just really nicehope2012 is just really nicehope2012 is just really nicehope2012 is just really nicehope2012 is just really nicehope2012 is just really nicehope2012 is just really nice
Default Re: Got PCC and Medical Request.

Originally Posted by uzi
Things gets lost in translation. Don't take it personal. Keep in mind that this site's primary intended users are, as the name suggests, british expats . However, as more and more people start participating in these forums from various ethnicity backgrounds, misunderstanding are bound to arise. Take this opportunity to learn from it as it will helpful later in your life specially if you haven't spent time in western countries where culture is quite different than the eastern countries cultures.
yes agreed uzi, a steep learning curve. hmmm I thought I have not taken it personal, though I get harsh in my last comment, but that is purely because I was criticized for unnecessary reasons. in this very forum(BE) I used "Dear someone" in past, no one pointed it out then. had someone noticed that it would never had happened. I really dont like to get in any sort of controversy. therefore, I feel it is time to apologize once again if someone got hurt with my posts. Thanks.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

SquashAddict is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by uzi
Things gets lost in translation. Don't take it personal. Keep in mind that this site's primary intended users are, as the name suggests, british expats . However, as more and more people start participating in these forums from various ethnicity backgrounds, misunderstanding are bound to arise. Take this opportunity to learn from it as it will helpful later in your life specially if you haven't spent time in western countries where culture is quite different than the eastern countries cultures.
All that and don't use the word dear
Old Jul 6th 2011, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SquashAddict
All that and don't use the word dear
Come on Mod's! In IELTS examination, I was asked to start my first task of writing as following...

Dear ......,
Now would you blame the IELTS examiners who prepares the examination?

Hey listen, this forum cannot restrict us to follow our own culture in which we represent love(non-homesexual love to be specific) and care for other by using the word DEAR! I will use it, and I will use it again and again, as my intentions are not wrong and we all have freedom of speech. So here it goes...

Dear Shafaqat309 and Dear Hope2012,

I am happy for both of you for the progress made so far in your applications and I wish you both quick and smooth VISA grants in the near future.

Last edited by oliman; Jul 6th 2011 at 11:55 am.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 11:54 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by oliman
Come on Mod's! In IELTS examination, I was asked to start my first task of writing as following...

Hey listen, this forum cannot restrict us to follow our own culture in which we represent love(non-homesexual love to be specific) and care for other by using the word DEAR! I will use it, and I will use t again and again, as my intentions are not wrong and we all have freedom of speech. So here it goes...

I am happy for both of you for the progress made so far in your applications and I wish you both a quick and smooth VISA grants in the near future.

Old Jul 6th 2011, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

hope2012 is just really nicehope2012 is just really nicehope2012 is just really nicehope2012 is just really nicehope2012 is just really nicehope2012 is just really nicehope2012 is just really nicehope2012 is just really nice

Hey listen, this forum cannot restrict us to follow our own culture in which we represent love(non-homesexual love to be specific) and care for other by using the word DEAR! I will use it, and I will use it again and again, as my intentions are not wrong and we all have freedom of speech. So here it goes...

I am happy for both of you for the progress made so far in your applications and I wish you both quick and smooth VISA grants in the near future.

one thing is for sure oliman, you can be a very very very senior member in BE, but you never ever will be a moderator you are court marshaled
on a serious note, I think all the moderators do deserve our respect and care as they are the ones who are keeping this forum running smoothly
Old Jul 6th 2011, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hope2012
one thing is for sure oliman, you can be a very very very senior member in BE, but you never ever will be a moderator you are court marshaled
on a serious note, I think all the moderators do deserve our respect and care as they are the ones who are keeping this forum running smoothly
Agreed! I don't deny their role at all. I just speak for myself, to express myself and to represent myself.

Cheers
Old Jul 6th 2011, 2:28 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's some reading material for you.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 2:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The usage is completely different.

Dear Ms Moneypenny20,

I would like to explain........

Yours sincerely

YYY

Is a correct means of addressing someone respectfully.

On the other hand though, saying "let me explain dear moneypenny20. when I got my medical and PCC," is very patronising. You don't need the word "dear" in there.
If you wish to call your friends "dear" thats between you and them, but to address someone you don't know in the way you addressed Moneypenny is just patronising - and will not get you help or an answer from many of us on here!
Old Jul 6th 2011, 4:54 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

We can and we will.

Go read this thread and do it now please.

You are a guest here, and whilst we welcome all you need to pay heed to the name of the site. The term you are using, and the manner you are using it, is derogatory and you've been asked to stop, so do as has been requested, or I'll pull the welcome mat.

Thanks
Old Jul 7th 2011, 5:17 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Medical booked, 18th July 8:30 AM on my Birthday
Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:37 am
dsn
Forum Regular

dsn is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Got PCC and Medical Request.

I think it is better to resolve this issue now

dsn
Old Jul 7th 2011, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dsn
I think it is better to resolve this issue now

dsn
it is just Pollyana's post which explains entirely what went wrong, and I understand the point. as for as I am concerned it is resolved.
thanks
Old Jul 7th 2011, 9:54 am
Shafaqat Ali

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not true. Why on earth would a CO want you to do another medical just because you have got a new passport?
You were right, i got reply from my case officer

Dear Sir

Please send me scanned copy of new passport main / bio pages as soon as you have it.

You do not need to do more than one set of medicals or provide more than one police certificate for Pakistan. However - when attending Panel Doctor you should take with you both your old and new passports so that the doctor can note the change of number.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 6:32 pm
Shafaqat Ali

Hi all

I was just cross checking the filled form and other supporting documents for my medical on Monday 18th and got to know i have only 2 photograph available for my wife and tomorrow is Sunday and i might not be able to get more photographs, can anyone tell me how many photographs they will ask for medical?
Old Jul 16th 2011, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

U Jay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
Hi all

I was just cross checking the filled form and other supporting documents for my medical on Monday 18th and got to know i have only 2 photograph available for my wife and tomorrow is Sunday and i might not be able to get more photographs, can anyone tell me how many photographs they will ask for medical?
3 photographs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.