Got it (no thanks to my agent)

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:37 am
Just Joined

GottaGetToOz is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Got it (no thanks to my agent)

Yes - we've been accepted, though no thanks to our agent, who I'm happy to name now.

AAA Australian Migration http://www.australian-migration.com.au/

seems that we were actually granted on 27 January 05 and immigration immediately notified our agents via email because they needed an updated passport page for one of us. So in the meantime with at least one reminder from immigration and meanwhile lots of badgering from us, we've been unaware until immigration emailed us today. Our agent is either blissfully unaware or seriously incompetent.

Anyway, just so I understand correctly: given that we have an initial entry date of 16/06/05, if we all fly to Australia before that date, we are then free to permanently move over after that, provided it's within 5 yrs(and preferably 3 to avoid hassle).

Is there any likelihood that I can get the initial entry date extended by 4-5 months?
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:42 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got it (no thanks to my agent)

Originally Posted by GottaGetToOz

Anyway, just so I understand correctly: given that we have an initial entry date of 16/06/05, if we all fly to Australia before that date, we are then free to permanently move over after that, provided it's within 5 yrs(and preferably 3 to avoid hassle).
Basically correct. The 5 years is from date of visa grant, not first entry.

Is there any likelihood that I can get the initial entry date extended by 4-5 months?
First entry date cannot be extended once visa is granted. You'd have to persuade DIMIA not to cancel the visa.

You may get differing views on this, but I'm not aware of many who have succeeded here without a very good reason (and usually new medicals/police checks) - it's a lot simpler to validate the visas and then move at your leisure.

Jeremy
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

prem_career is on a distinguished road

Congrats !!!

Well done, good luck for the new life.

Best Regards
Prem
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:49 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!!
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:57 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bridiej
Congrats!!

Congrats!!!!
Could you share your timeline?

Badri
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Goodwin will become famous soon enoughGoodwin will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Got it (no thanks to my agent)

Yes - we've been accepted, though no thanks to our agent, who I'm happy to name now.

seems that we were actually granted on 27 January 05 and immigration immediately notified our agents via email because they needed an updated passport page for one of us. So in the meantime with at least one reminder from immigration and meanwhile lots of badgering from us, we've been unaware until immigration emailed us today. Our agent is either blissfully unaware or seriously incompetent.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Enjoy the feeling
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 11:38 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Sel x