Got my PR visa

Old Feb 14th 2003, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Juliette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got my PR visa

I'm so relieved the wait is over. Here's how it happened:

Have been in Australia on a holiday visa for the past 12 months (having had to leave and re-enter before 6 months was up). I have been waiting a total of 1 yr 10 months having applied back in April 2001 as a Skilled Ind (Primary Teacher).

The application was made at Australia House, London. They contacted me in Australia for police checks and the medical (August 2002) which I was able to do there. The final descision came on Jan 17th.

One of the conditions of the visa is that you have to be out of the country for them to grant the visa, so I'm now in Auckland, NZ. I went to the embassy yesterday and got the visa stuck into my passport. Phew what a relief.
Now I can start looking for a job when I go back to Australia this week.

Oh yeah...if any of you, like me, worry about whether the London office have received your faxes; I sent plenty in the middle of the night (GMT) and they got them. The last one was to tell them when I was leaving Aus and where I was going to pick up my visa...There it was waiting for me, so there is hope.

I've been using Aus Timeline which was very useful:
www.austimeline.com

Good luck for all those still waiting

Juliette
Old Feb 15th 2003, 3:49 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Juliette - Don

PS what did you think of Auckland?
Old Feb 15th 2003, 10:00 am
WA country gal

freckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to all
Default info

Hi Juliette,
congratulations on your visa! I hope you will have a great time living down under.
I am a primary school teacher from Holland, and i am just starting preparing my application for permanent residency via the skilled independent visa. Could you please give me some helpful tips as to how to deal with Noosr and how to provide transcripts for them? Anything that comes to mind would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!
Old Feb 15th 2003, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck and congratulations.
Old Feb 15th 2003, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Congratulations, that's fab news. Bit of a bummer going out of the country just so that you can go back in!

Anyway I'm sure it's worth it.

Regards

Ginny
Old Feb 15th 2003, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Juliette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Auckland

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Good luck Juliette - Don

PS what did you think of Auckland?

I'm here at the moment and the whole place is buzzing with the America's Cup. Even though I don't normally watch boat races I have found myself drawn into the excitement and watched yesterday's disaster for Team NZ unfold live.
As for the city centre I've found it pleasant enough as a tourist, and loved Parnell. Doesn't beat London though!

Juliette
Old Feb 16th 2003, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Conratulations on getting your visa after such a long wait.

Have you been teaching already in Oz? How would you compare it to in England? I am a teacher and hope to emigrate at the end of the year to the Sunshine Coast area.

Any info appreciated .