British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Got Married...Informing DIAC (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/got-married-informing-diac-643889/)

aman_sharma2k1 Dec 8th 2009 7:26 am

Got Married...Informing DIAC

Hello Guys,

I got my PR back in July 2009. I have not validated my visa yet. I got married last month and now want to inform DIAC about the same ( Changes in the personal circumstances).

Do you guys think I should inform them about my marriage as I have not validated my visa yet and if I have to inform them how to do that?

Thanks

- Aman

coolerkingcooler Dec 8th 2009 7:37 am

Re: Got Married...Informing DIAC

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1 (Post 8155314)
Hello Guys,

I got my PR back in July 2009. I have not validated my visa yet. I got married last month and now want to inform DIAC about the same ( Changes in the personal circumstances).

Do you guys think I should inform them about my marriage as I have not validated my visa yet and if I have to inform them how to do that?

Thanks

- Aman

You have to inform them.

Congratulations Aman,
Cooler

muditha Dec 8th 2009 7:44 am

Hello Guys,

Thanks

- Aman

Just check it with somebody better known. I think as you have granted visa, no point of informing DIAC though you didn't validate it. According to what i know, your case is done with DIAC.

Just check it with some other guy in the forum.

Bermudashorts Dec 8th 2009 8:14 am

Once you have you visa, there is indeed no point informing DIAC as your case is closed. (I hope there was no condition about marriage before first entry to Australia by the way).

For your new spouse you need to apply for a spouse visa.

Matrisha Dec 8th 2009 8:33 am

Hello Guys,

Thanks

- Aman

First of all: congrats! :D

I think you should inform DIAC about your marriage, since you have not yet validated your visa or - as DIAC puts it - have been immigration cleared.

The DIAC website says that you should inform them "of changes in your circumstances (such as change in relationship status) that have occured prior to the grant of your visa (if you applied for your visa in Australia), or before you have been immigration cleared (if you applied outside Australia)":
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...ies/change.htm

It definitely doesn't hurt to inform them :)

helloshivahere Dec 8th 2009 8:41 am

Hello Guys,

Thanks

- Aman

Congrats Aman

Inform them via changes of circumstances it will be noted in the file and will help later while applying for spouse Visa.

charw Dec 8th 2009 8:45 am

Hello Guys,

Thanks

- Aman

Congrats. If you apply spousal visa soon both of you can fly together for validation..:D

Pollyana Dec 8th 2009 8:58 am

Originally Posted by charw (Post 8155481)
Congrats. If you apply spousal visa soon both of you can fly together for validation..:D

Only if the Spouse visa is granted before the validation date on the other visa.

alhatti Dec 8th 2009 10:22 am

I am here only to say Congratulations ;)

uppalpankaj Dec 8th 2009 1:07 pm

Hello Guys,

I got my PR back in July 2009. I have not validated my visa yet. I got married last month and now want to inform DIAC about the same ( Changes in the personal circumstances

Congratulations..

Dorothy Dec 8th 2009 9:50 pm

Hello Guys,

Thanks

- Aman

Yes, you must inform DIAC of your marriage. Any change in your circumstances before your visa is validated must be reported to DIAC. http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...ies/change.htm

madankumars Dec 8th 2009 9:52 pm

Actually I had a condition on my visa that specifically said "NOT MARRY BEFORE INITIAL ENTRY".

you might want to check that visa stamp on your passport!!

amanmca Dec 9th 2009 2:46 am

Hey Aman,

Congrats!!!

Even I got married this month. Its a wedding fest going on here in India.

Regarding DIAC : You should inform about the change of personal circumstances this will help you.

-aman

Pollyana Dec 9th 2009 3:33 am

Originally Posted by madankumars (Post 8157426)
Actually I had a condition on my visa that specifically said "NOT MARRY BEFORE INITIAL ENTRY".

This is quite common when visas are granted to single people :)

aman_sharma2k1 Dec 9th 2009 4:45 am

Originally Posted by madankumars (Post 8157426)

Thanks Guys for your inputs. Yes, I will update DIAC regarding this. Regarding condition on Visa, I have no condition placed on my visa, though I am single. I confirmed the same with DIAC officers and below is the reply I got from them:

"Provided the condition 8515 " The holder of the visa must not marry or
enter into a de facto relationship before entering Australia" is not in
effect on the Visa. The applicant can marry before making the Intial entry
to Australia."

So I am safe.

Thanks again....

- Aman