Wikiposts

Got It! Got It! Gooot Ittt!!!!!!!

Old Nov 1st 2003, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Vanou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got It! Got It! Gooot Ittt!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone!!
Went to Ottawa yesterday morning. Woke up at 5h30 and walked down to the bus station. City was very nice and quiet, and we saw the sun get up. We've been together 10 years and only just realized we had never seen a sunrise together!!! Great feeling.

Weather was beautiful on the journey. After a week of continuous rain, it felt like a good sign to see the sun shine on our special day Poor hubby felt sick on the bus. He was all yellow and didn't talk much when we arrived... I felt so sorry for him

Arrived at AHC offices 15 mn before their opening. Met a lovely Canadian/Australian couple and had a very nice chat. When the girl from Visas finally opened her counter, it took her only a few minutes to put the visas in. Felt very strange that it was so quick even thouh we had read it from you guys. Had to look at them over and over again. The word "indefinitely" has a new meaning for me now

Had a walk downtown Ottawa before taking the bus back. Bought motion sickness tablets this time! Once in Montreal, went straight to our travel agent and bought our tickets. Then it really started to feel real. Walked back home feeling incredibly light and smiling all the way.

Gael especially was so relieved. He had the pressure on since we decided to go (only his job could give us enough points) and here we were, 6 years later, the visa finally in our pocket. I feel very emotional just writing about it. I'm so happy for him too!!! And I'm so proud of him, of his commitment, the way he did everything he could think of to give us a better chance, how incredibly hard he worked on his assessment, everything. Jeezz, I can't believe I'm crying now! I guess I'm finally getting the pressure out of my system

Well, thanks again guys for your lovely words. It feels great. Just let me get a tissue now before I answer some of you directly
Cheers,
Vanessa
Old Nov 1st 2003, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by The GoodbyeGirl
Congratulations Vanessa!!! Finally hey! Isn't it a wonderful feeling knowing that this is probably the last winter you will have to spend in Canada? Calgary has been a mess....we've had about 15cm of snow and it's -14 today! It took me an hour longer to get into work yesterday (125 accidents reported in the city). Enjoy the moment! When are you leaving?
The Goodbye Girl
Thanks Goodbye Girl!
Yeah, it does feel good, even though we actually enjoyed our 4 winters here, but to be honest a little less each year. It's great, the snow and all, especially when you don't have a car, but winter just is too bl**d* long!!!!!
Sorry to hear it's already so cold in Calgary. We had a lovely day yesterday in Ottawa and Montreal, a very sunny 16!!!
We're leaving Montreal November 23rd. Gonna spend Christmas in France to see our friends and family and say goodbye. We'll leave for Melbourne January 4th. The next 3 weeks are gonna be pretty busy!!!!
What about you? Can't remember where you're at I'm afraid. Sorry
Cheers
Vanessa
Old Nov 1st 2003, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by SentApril2002
Great job, congratulations!!! You must be so excited! Where are you headed?
Hi Kevin!
You're right. Very excited but also exhausted. Must have worried too much
We're off to Melbourne. We'd like to live in a quiet suburb, but don't know exactly where yet, maybe in the North East. Will take the time to find out once we get there. Now the fun part begins!!!!
Have you bought your tickets yet?
Have a good time on your vacation.
Vanessa
Old Nov 1st 2003, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by The GoodbyeGirl
Congratulations Vanessa!!! Finally hey! Isn't it a wonderful feeling knowing that this is probably the last winter you will have to spend in Canada? Calgary has been a mess....we've had about 15cm of snow and it's -14 today! It took me an hour longer to get into work yesterday (125 accidents reported in the city). Enjoy the moment! When are you leaving?

The Goodbye Girl
Congrats on the Visa.
Hi Goodbye Girl. What made you leave RSA to Canada, and then decide to go to Oz? I assume the temperature from your post, but why the intermediate step before Oz. I ask as our app is in to Oz since June, considered Canada, and USA but Oz seemed most organized to get PR (Nurse). Also more like sunny SA with less problems!