Got the bastard!

Old May 31st 2002, 4:14 pm
gle
Forum Regular

gle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got the bastard!

6 months that very quick that cannot be normal can it? What makes you so special then: can I ask your general IT experience?
I am IT and intend to migrate for Jun 2004. I have yet to apply but I will expect a wait of 18 months.
Old May 31st 2002, 4:20 pm
Pread

Thunderace.

Dodgy biker joke understood. Good luck on getting back on a decent sportie one day.
I'm still hoping - been FZR600-less a few years now...

Cheers, Paul. (Going to Melbourne, a couple of hours drive away from Philip Island,
ooh I'm getting all tingly already.)

"Michael Morahan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all, got the pre-grant letter yesterday, so it looks like I'm on the way. I'll
    > stick around for a while because this NG is great fun as well a valuable source of
    > information. Thanks for all the replies I have had so far. I'm a bit sad now 'cos I
    > will have to sell my bike. I might have to change my alias to "Africa Twin" or
    > something like that. Sorry, dodgy biker joke that. Hang in there everyone, I've got
    > my fingers crossed for you. Milestones like this make all the effort worthwhile.
    >
    > Thunder Ace

Old May 31st 2002, 7:20 pm
Rob

gle wrote:

>6 months that very quick that cannot be normal can it? What makes you so
    >special then

Maybe he joined an online club for the rich and influential

Old May 31st 2002, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Lynn-ann is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Thunder ace

I know how you feel I had to sell my VFR and every day we get any sunshine I get these pangs as I see the bikers out enjoying themselves. Still I hear they get 300 days of sunshine in Queensland yippee. I think there is a track near Brisbane to.
Where are you heading for in Qld. Maybe we could get an expats bike club going?

We should be in Oz in August.
Old Jun 3rd 2002, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Yeah i know what you mean ,lots of bikers off to oz.
Apparently the roads at eastern creek and philip island are susposed to be good.We are in the process of applying and i can already see the tears appearing in my husbands eyes at the prospect of getting rid of his Fireblade (he has waited 10 years to get one,and has only recently upgraded from his ZZR)Its his true love and is treated better than me,painted garage walls and carpeted floor.sad or what.
Never mind off on our last blat triparound France in a few weeks time
Hope to meet up with a few like minded people when we get to oz
donna.
Old Jun 4th 2002, 12:20 am
Cato

Hi Donna, You could meet a few blokes and sheila's on this newsgroup called 'AusMoto'
-- it's aus.motorcycles . You can do a search for it in the newsgroups. My husband's
part of that group and there are countless of others I've befriended through that
group as well. Good luck and happy landings to Oz when you've arrived.

Regards, Dawn "donna" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Yeah i know what you mean ,lots of bikers off to oz. Apparently the roads at
    > eastern creek and philip island are susposed to be good.We are in the process of
    > applying and i can already see the tears appearing in my husbands eyes at the
    > prospect of getting rid of his Fireblade (he has waited 10 years to get one,and has
    > only recently upgraded from his ZZR)Its his true love and is treated better than
    > me,painted garage walls and carpeted floor.sad or what. Never mind off on our last
    > blat triparound France in a few weeks time Hope to meet up with a few like minded
    > people when we get to oz donna.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 5th 2002, 6:38 pm
Garyp

Hi
If I were you Iwould take the bike with you. we were in perth untill feb 2001 and I struggled to find many decent 2nd hand bikes for sale as all the shops tended to hold really old stuff in stock. there seemed to be loads of GPZ 500s around but I didnt see many newish bikes on the road. As it happned, I was lucky as I found a R6 demo with 1000 Ks on the clock and picked it up for $10,000 about £3500 at the time.
I bought it back to Jersey and sold it for £4500 but as we intend to return to oz I wish I had kept it.
Maybe its better on the other side. Hope so as we are going to Melbourne next time
Gaz

Old Jun 5th 2002, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

HI Cato
sorry ,new at this computer malarky ,cant find the ausmoto group you mentioned.
Old Jun 6th 2002, 6:23 am
Cato

Hi Donna, Hmm...perhaps do a search with Google - should bring up something. Or go to
www.netrider.org.au . It's another online motorycle group -- you could put in queries
there. Have a mate who's on the board for that group. I reckon your husband would
like this group as it arranges rides and a lot of people get together and ride.
Regards, Dawn

"donna" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > HI Cato sorry ,new at this computer malarky ,cant find the ausmoto group you
    > mentioned.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 6th 2002, 10:20 am
Michael Morahan

Garyp <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi If I were you Iwould take the bike with you. we were in perth untill feb 2001
    > and I struggled to find many decent 2nd hand bikes for sale as all the shops tended
    > to hold really old stuff in stock. there seemed to be loads of GPZ 500s around but
    > I didnt see many newish bikes on the road. As it happned, I was lucky as I found a
    > R6 demo with 1000 Ks on the clock and picked it up for $10,000 about £3500 at the
    > time. I bought it back to Jersey and sold it for £4500 but as we intend to
    > return to oz I wish I had kept it. Maybe its better on the other side. Hope so as
    > we are going to Melbourne next time Gaz

I haven't checked out the cost of taking the bike, but I have assumed it's not worth
it as it has almost 62,000 miles on it. That's high for a P reg so I think it's time
to get a later model, especially as I expect to use it for commuting, so I could be
racking up a lot more miles.

Thunder Ace

Michael Morahan

Lynn-ann <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Congrats Thunder ace
    >
    > I know how you feel I had to sell my VFR and every day we get any sunshine I get
    > these pangs as I see the bikers out enjoying themselves. Still I hear they get 300
    > days of sunshine in Queensland yippee. I think there is a track near Brisbane to.
    > Where are you heading for in Qld.

Brisbane hopefuly, but I'm still fairly open minded. I liek townsville, very
provincial, but that's the appeal.

> Maybe we could get an expats bike club going?

Excellent idea. I'm surprised at how many bikers are going through the process. I'll
check out what's already on the web when I get a chance.

> We should be in Oz in August.

September with any luck. Haw are the preparations going?

Thunder Ace

Michael Morahan

rob <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > gle wrote:
    >
    > >6 months that very quick that cannot be normal can it? What makes you so
    > >special then

4 months actually, and many IT applications have gone musch quicker than that
because I had a couple of delays due to the paperwork not being 100%. I'm not
special, just one of the lucky ones I guess that happens to have some IT skills but
however long it takes, it's the end result that counts, so keep plugging away guys.
It'll be worth the wait.

>
    > Maybe he joined an online club for the rich and influential

Fat chance, I'm neither rich nor influential unfortunately.

Thunder Ace