Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

got acknowledgement but wrong visa subclass anyone?

Wikiposts

got acknowledgement but wrong visa subclass anyone?

Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough
Default Received acknowledgement but wrong subclass

Hi all we received our acknowledement yesterday but it says subclass BN 136 and were applying for a 137 should we send an email to DIMIA or will it get changed over. We have included the STNI sponsorship form with the application and were 100% sure we ticked the STNI box. Has anyone else had this happen and what did you do ?

Debs xxx
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:42 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice
Default Re: Received acknowledgement but wrong subclass

Originally Posted by xxdebsonlinexx
Hi all we received our acknowledement yesterday but it says subclass BN 136 and were applying for a 137 should we send an email to DIMIA or will it get changed over. We have included the STNI sponsorship form with the application and were 100% sure we ticked the STNI box. Has anyone else had this happen and what did you do ?

Debs xxx
Hi

I think it gets changed over after they have been contacted by the state thats nominated you. I think!! I know we have got to let SMU Victoria know our file number as soon as we get it. How long has your acknowledgement took? We submitted our application 7 weeks ago and are waiting for the file number so we can send the medicals.

Michelle
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fozzie
Hi

I think it gets changed over after they have been contacted by the state thats nominated you. I think!! I know we have got to let SMU Victoria know our file number as soon as we get it. How long has your acknowledgement took? We submitted our application 7 weeks ago and are waiting for the file number so we can send the medicals.

Michelle
Hiya Michelle we sent our application off on the 2nd feb and got the email yesterday. We got stni sponsorship in nov so its not like they havent had conformation as SA said they would contact DIMIA to say that they were willing to sponsor us. Its just that we dont want to be emailing them already lol will just wait and see if anyone else can offer any advice first before we do anything

Debs xxx
Old Feb 9th 2005, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future
Smile Re: got acknowledgement but wrong visa subclass anyone?

Hi everyone hope someone can answer this question for me.
We received our acknowlegement yesterday for our visa application but it says subclass136 and it should be 137. We have ticked the stni box and sent off the sponsorship form with the app now will we need to get intouch or will they realise there mistake and change it.

Can anyone advise on this please
ive also posted in the migration forum but havent had a lot of response

cheers Debs xxx
Hi Debs

we also had this mistake we should have been 136 subclass and got acknowledgement for a 138 i think, put us in total panic at the time, we contacted our agent and they emailed them about it, buy agent said it was just a clerical error and nothing to worry about as they have all the forms with the correct info on, we never heard anymore about it and we now have our visa so it didn't effect anything for us!!

hope this helps

Hazel
Old Feb 9th 2005, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Ads & Charlie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: got acknowledgement but wrong visa subclass anyone?

Hi everyone hope someone can answer this question for me.
We received our acknowlegement yesterday for our visa application but it says subclass136 and it should be 137. We have ticked the stni box and sent off the sponsorship form with the app now will we need to get intouch or will they realise there mistake and change it.

Can anyone advise on this please
ive also posted in the migration forum but havent had a lot of response

cheers Debs xxx
Hi Debs.
Same happened to us as well. We emailed them to point out the mistake and they replied via email See below.

Hope this helps and if you need any advice on anything else let me know. I know how long it can take and how confusing it can all be.

(I think its about time that i offer up any advice that i can give, as i have been gleaning it from everbody else for so long)

We have now got our visas and are due to depart on 20th of March. Yipee!!!!
Good luck with the application,
Cheers
Ads

To: [email protected]

Dear Adam

Thank you for pointing out the error regarding your application, I would like to apologise for the mistake and thank you for being vigilant.
It is vital that you contact us immediately if you notice any future errors in our correspondence with you as they could have a significant effect on the way we process your application.
I have been through your records and have noted that you had applied for a
subclass 138 and we have mistakenly recorded your application as subclass 136. I have now amended our computers accordingly, to reflect your 138 subclass application.

Once again please accept my apologies for the error.

Please find attachesd a new copy of your new acknowledgment letter.

Kind regards
Mr Xxxxxxx
Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre

Last edited by wmoore; Feb 9th 2005 at 6:52 am. Reason: Changed names / email addresses
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: got acknowledgement but wrong visa subclass anyone?

Originally Posted by Ads & Charlie
Hi Debs.
Same happened to us as well. We emailed them to point out the mistake and they replied via email See below.

Hope this helps and if you need any advice on anything else let me know. I know how long it can take and how confusing it can all be.

(I think its about time that i offer up any advice that i can give, as i have been gleaning it from everbody else for so long)

We have now got our visas and are due to depart on 20th of March. Yipee!!!!
Good luck with the application,
Cheers
Ads

To: [email protected]

Dear Adam

Thank you for pointing out the error regarding your application, I would like to apologise for the mistake and thank you for being vigilant.
It is vital that you contact us immediately if you notice any future errors in our correspondence with you as they could have a significant effect on the way we process your application.
I have been through your records and have noted that you had applied for a
subclass 138 and we have mistakenly recorded your application as subclass 136. I have now amended our computers accordingly, to reflect your 138 subclass application.

Once again please accept my apologies for the error.

Please find attachesd a new copy of your new acknowledgment letter.

Kind regards
Mr Xxxxxxx
Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre
Thanks adam & Hazel i know people make mistakes but i didnt want to start emailing them and getting them mad anyway will do it now thanks again
Great news about your Visa Adam & Hazel hope both you and your families have a great new life

Debs xxx
Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Received acknowledgement but wrong subclass

They did that with my sister Debs, She told them and they said that it was a good job too or things could have become complicated and messed up. She told them it was wrong and they corrected it straight away.
Lace
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lacey21
They did that with my sister Debs, She told them and they said that it was a good job too or things could have become complicated and messed up. She told them it was wrong and they corrected it straight away.
Lace

Hi Lace yeah this is what we were worried about because we dont have enough points for a 136 lol and knowing our luck they would of sent it back saying sorry you have failed due to lack of points. Anyway have sent them an email explaining the mistake so just waiting for their reply

Debs xxx
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

ok we emailed DIMIA got the usual response email back then a few hours later we got another one saying they had put us in the system as a stni137 it was just the email that had the error so all sorted now

thanks again all of you

Debs xxx