Got 175 grant letter today

Old Jul 28th 2010, 3:44 am
  #1  
Siozakk
Thread Starter
 
khurram's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 408
khurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nice
Default Got 175 grant letter today

Hi

Finally I have got the grant letter today. My time line is as follows:

Paper Based GSM 175, CSL, MODL
(Computing Professional J2EE Specialist):June 1, 2009
Applied Vic SS: Sept 1, 2009
SS Granted:Oct 19, 2009
CO allocated: Oct 21, 2009
form 80 request:Nov 12, 2009
form 80 sent:nov 14, 2009
PCC&Meds Request:July 1, 2010
Meds attended:July 6, 2010
PCC Sent:July 19
Grant letter received: July 28, 2010

Thank you everyone for your support, help and guidance. Some of the experiences that I would like to share here, about which I myself was very confused.

1 - You don't need to get PCC from every city where you have been living. Just a PCC from the current city is enough. I wanted to send the PCC"s from all the cities where I have been living but it was getting much time so I sent PCC from only current city.

2 - If you are in Pakistan, you don't need birth certificate. Family Registration Certificate issued by NADRA is acceptable.

3 - While filling in form 80 or any other form, give as much information as possible and don't use abbreviation like for the names of universities, names of degrees (e.g don't write MCS instead of Master of Computer Science) etc. I was asked to resend form 80 because of that in November although I had sent the form 80 along with my application.

4 - Give all the information even if it is not relevant. It makes the job of CO easier and esp for ACS to assess your skills. e.g I have done B.A in Journalism and Education but I mentioned it as well so that ACS and CO may know what I had been doing during that time.

5 - While filling in form 80, make it sure that there are no gaps after you completed your school. if you were doing nothing for 2 years for example, mention that you were doing nothing for that time. If your form 80 has gaps, then usually CO asks you to resend form 80 and that delays the processing a lot.

Ok friends, thanks once again and keep praying for me.
khurram is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 3:49 am
  #2  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 13
maksud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got 175 grant letter today

CONGRATULATIONS!!!


Originally Posted by khurram View Post
Hi

Finally I have got the grant letter today. My time line is as follows:

Paper Based GSM 175, CSL, MODL
(Computing Professional J2EE Specialist):June 1, 2009
Applied Vic SS: Sept 1, 2009
SS Granted:Oct 19, 2009
CO allocated: Oct 21, 2009
form 80 request:Nov 12, 2009
form 80 sent:nov 14, 2009
PCC&Meds Request:July 1, 2010
Meds attended:July 6, 2010
PCC Sent:July 19
Grant letter received: July 28, 2010

Thank you everyone for your support, help and guidance. Some of the experiences that I would like to share here, about which I myself was very confused.

1 - You don't need to get PCC from every city where you have been living. Just a PCC from the current city is enough. I wanted to send the PCC"s from all the cities where I have been living but it was getting much time so I sent PCC from only current city.

2 - If you are in Pakistan, you don't need birth certificate. Family Registration Certificate issued by NADRA is acceptable.

3 - While filling in form 80 or any other form, give as much information as possible and don't use abbreviation like for the names of universities, names of degrees (e.g don't write MCS instead of Master of Computer Science) etc. I was asked to resend form 80 because of that in November although I had sent the form 80 along with my application.

4 - Give all the information even if it is not relevant. It makes the job of CO easier and esp for ACS to assess your skills. e.g I have done B.A in Journalism and Education but I mentioned it as well so that ACS and CO may know what I had been doing during that time.

5 - While filling in form 80, make it sure that there are no gaps after you completed your school. if you were doing nothing for 2 years for example, mention that you were doing nothing for that time. If your form 80 has gaps, then usually CO asks you to resend form 80 and that delays the processing a lot.

Ok friends, thanks once again and keep praying for me.
maksud is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 3:54 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 145
alipa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got 175 grant letter today

Originally Posted by khurram View Post
Hi

Finally I have got the grant letter today. My time line is as follows:

Paper Based GSM 175, CSL, MODL
(Computing Professional J2EE Specialist):June 1, 2009
Applied Vic SS: Sept 1, 2009
SS Granted:Oct 19, 2009
CO allocated: Oct 21, 2009
form 80 request:Nov 12, 2009
form 80 sent:nov 14, 2009
PCC&Meds Request:July 1, 2010
Meds attended:July 6, 2010
PCC Sent:July 19
Grant letter received: July 28, 2010

Thank you everyone for your support, help and guidance. Some of the experiences that I would like to share here, about which I myself was very confused.

1 - You don't need to get PCC from every city where you have been living. Just a PCC from the current city is enough. I wanted to send the PCC"s from all the cities where I have been living but it was getting much time so I sent PCC from only current city.

2 - If you are in Pakistan, you don't need birth certificate. Family Registration Certificate issued by NADRA is acceptable.

3 - While filling in form 80 or any other form, give as much information as possible and don't use abbreviation like for the names of universities, names of degrees (e.g don't write MCS instead of Master of Computer Science) etc. I was asked to resend form 80 because of that in November although I had sent the form 80 along with my application.

4 - Give all the information even if it is not relevant. It makes the job of CO easier and esp for ACS to assess your skills. e.g I have done B.A in Journalism and Education but I mentioned it as well so that ACS and CO may know what I had been doing during that time.

5 - While filling in form 80, make it sure that there are no gaps after you completed your school. if you were doing nothing for 2 years for example, mention that you were doing nothing for that time. If your form 80 has gaps, then usually CO asks you to resend form 80 and that delays the processing a lot.

Ok friends, thanks once again and keep praying for me.
CONGRATULATIONS It means new priority processing arrangements has not affects on pre-launched application s
alipa is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:00 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 39
prospective_immigrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got 175 grant letter today

Originally Posted by alipa View Post
CONGRATULATIONS It means new priority processing arrangements has not affects on pre-launched application s
Many Congratulations
prospective_immigrant is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:03 am
  #5  
Siozakk
Thread Starter
 
khurram's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 408
khurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nice
Default Re: Got 175 grant letter today

Originally Posted by alipa View Post
CONGRATULATIONS It means new priority processing arrangements has not affects on pre-launched application s
Thanks. I am not sure about other occupations but it surely hasn't effected the Computing Professionals nec because I know many who got visa after 19th July and moreover, Your CO's reply clearly says that Computing Professionals nec are not effected. I wonder why anyone else's CO has not replied yet. I also asked my CO on July 19th about the changes but never got his reply.
khurram is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:04 am
  #6  
Siozakk
Thread Starter
 
khurram's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 408
khurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nice
Default Re: Got 175 grant letter today

Thank you everyone. Its a great day for me
khurram is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:05 am
  #7  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 14
dtro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got 175 grant letter today

Congratz! and thanks for the info.
It means there's still hope for Computing Professionals!
dtro is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:07 am
  #8  
Siozakk
Thread Starter
 
khurram's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 408
khurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nice
Default Re: Got 175 grant letter today

Originally Posted by dtro View Post
Congratz! and thanks for the info.
It means there's still hope for Computing Professionals!
not hope, belief So many Computing Professionals got visa after July 19th, which clearly shows you still got priority
khurram is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:08 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 230
vsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant future
Default Re: Got 175 grant letter today

Many congrats Khurram, hope you would have a nice trip to AU and successful settlment soon after arriving.

Originally Posted by khurram View Post
Thank you everyone. Its a great day for me
vsuccess is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:09 am
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 489
qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice
Default Re: Got 175 grant letter today

Originally Posted by khurram View Post
Thank you everyone. Its a great day for me
Congratualtions Khurram , it really ha been long journey for you, now you should be really happy. All the Best for your future in Australia.

Last edited by qamar_qadian; Jul 28th 2010 at 4:12 am.
qamar_qadian is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:16 am
  #11  
Siozakk
Thread Starter
 
khurram's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 408
khurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nice
Default Re: Got 175 grant letter today

Originally Posted by qamar_qadian View Post
Congratualtions Khurram , it really ha been long journey for you, now you should be really happy. All the Best for your future in Australia.
Actually I know I am going to have a tough time over there starting a new life, leaving my family behind. I hope for the best but I am more happy for the end of my wait, rather than getting visa. Waiting is really very hard job. I couldn't plan anything. Even I wanted to admit my daughter to school but knowing that it costs about 50,000 PKR (god damn its school's fee), I postponed it and decided to wait for visa because if we have to go to Aus then it would be useless to spend 50,000 for just one month. And many other things like that. Now I am free to plan at least. I have to go for a better future for my family but I really won't be happy leaving my family (mother, sister, brothers). Just pray for me that everything turns out to be good for me whatever happens.
khurram is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:18 am
  #12  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 14
dtro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got 175 grant letter today

Originally Posted by khurram View Post
not hope, belief So many Computing Professionals got visa after July 19th, which clearly shows you still got priority
dtro is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:22 am
  #13  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 489
qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice
Default Re: Got 175 grant letter today

Originally Posted by khurram View Post
Actually I know I am going to have a tough time over there starting a new life, leaving my family behind. I hope for the best but I am more happy for the end of my wait, rather than getting visa. Waiting is really very hard job. I couldn't plan anything. Even I wanted to admit my daughter to school but knowing that it costs about 50,000 PKR (god damn its school's fee), I postponed it and decided to wait for visa because if we have to go to Aus then it would be useless to spend 50,000 for just one month. And many other things like that. Now I am free to plan at least. I have to go for a better future for my family but I really won't be happy leaving my family (mother, sister, brothers). Just pray for me that everything turns out to be good for me whatever happens.
I understand your emotions Khurram, you are not alone in this, all of us sacrifice our near and dear ones for a better future.
qamar_qadian is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:39 am
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 69
santosh_gj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got 175 grant letter today

Originally Posted by khurram View Post
Actually I know I am going to have a tough time over there starting a new life, leaving my family behind. I hope for the best but I am more happy for the end of my wait, rather than getting visa. Waiting is really very hard job. I couldn't plan anything. Even I wanted to admit my daughter to school but knowing that it costs about 50,000 PKR (god damn its school's fee), I postponed it and decided to wait for visa because if we have to go to Aus then it would be useless to spend 50,000 for just one month. And many other things like that. Now I am free to plan at least. I have to go for a better future for my family but I really won't be happy leaving my family (mother, sister, brothers). Just pray for me that everything turns out to be good for me whatever happens.
Hi Khurram,

Which team is your CO from? Even for me, only my wife's PCC was pending which I sent on 19th July to CO, everything else has been met, but even after repeated emails to CO, no response from my CO who is in Team 2. I am quite worried now. Do you know if there would be any contact numbers for CO so that we can try to contact? or is it just email query?
Thanks,
santosh_gj is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:44 am
  #15  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 588
aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice
Default Re: Got 175 grant letter today

Many congratz khurram
you made it finally and its party time for you now
many best wishes for your future in Australia
aliah is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.