Goodbye uk - Hello Australia

Old Nov 4th 2002, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

wannabee sheila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goodbye uk - Hello Australia

Hi everyone

Thought I'd just let you all know that we are finally off to Brisbane tomorrow.

We are all really excited and can't wait to get there and get on with our lives, that have been on hold for so long (18 months processing time AHC London).

Time has been a blur since we got our visas in September and now its our last day before we fly out with Malaysian air tomorrow night.

We decided against a leaving party as our families are upset and in no mood to celebrate, so we've had a hectic 2 weeks of curry nights, chinese meals, lunches and drinks to say our goodbyes to friends and family.

Its been a rollercoaster of emotions and it will be a relief to get to Australia and chill out for a while before searching for a house, car, jobs and a school. Looking forward to bbqs, sunshine, catching up with old friends and making new ones, swimming in the sea and walks in the national parks, space and clean streets etc etc

Thank you to everyone for all the good advice, support when I was down and especially the laughs (baldy and tipperoo)

Good luck to everyone still waiting
I'll be back on line soon
Keep in touch
Karen Paul & Jason
Old Nov 4th 2002, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

sylvie is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck - you've been waiting for a long time and you deserve to enjoy yourselves before the hard work (car, house etc).

Take care.
Sylvie.
Old Nov 4th 2002, 4:03 pm
Melbourne here we come..

madmorgans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CONGRATS

You lucky so and sos!!!

We too are anticipating an 18-20 months wait! 14 down 4 to go !!!!

but hearing your news has managed to put a smile on me face!!

Good luck, congrats and enjoy your new adventure.

might see you there - fingers crossed

simone, phil & Erin
Old Nov 4th 2002, 4:44 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default Re: Goodbye uk - Hello Australia

Karen Paul & Jason-

Nice one,enjoy it won't ya-could ya keep an eye out for Mrs B's bag,we lost it there in Feb last year

Don't rush back to work

BB
Old Nov 4th 2002, 7:16 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

good luck to you all.....dont forget us!!!!!!
Old Nov 4th 2002, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

kango_jack will become famous soon enoughkango_jack will become famous soon enough

Good luck in Brissie, let us know how it goes. We are hoping to get out there in Jan 03 (Visa permitting), so any low down would be really helpful.
Sister-in-law says its around 33 degrees at the moment so take the suncream!!!!
Annie
Old Nov 4th 2002, 7:56 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Goodbye uk - Hello Australia

Originally posted by wannabee sheila
Hi everyone

Thought I'd just let you all know that we are finally off to Brisbane tomorrow.

We are all really excited and can't wait to get there and get on with our lives, that have been on hold for so long (18 months processing time AHC London).

Time has been a blur since we got our visas in September and now its our last day before we fly out with Malaysian air tomorrow night.

We decided against a leaving party as our families are upset and in no mood to celebrate, so we've had a hectic 2 weeks of curry nights, chinese meals, lunches and drinks to say our goodbyes to friends and family.

Its been a rollercoaster of emotions and it will be a relief to get to Australia and chill out for a while before searching for a house, car, jobs and a school. Looking forward to bbqs, sunshine, catching up with old friends and making new ones, swimming in the sea and walks in the national parks, space and clean streets etc etc

Thank you to everyone for all the good advice, support when I was down and especially the laughs (baldy and tipperoo)

Good luck to everyone still waiting
I'll be back on line soon
Keep in touch
Karen Paul & Jason
Good luck with your flights & new life.

we are off at 6.05pm from Heathrow with Cathay Pacific.
Trying to pack right now aaaargh! Couldn't get the extra baggage allowance so I just hope my mums bathroom scales are accurate!!

My hubby is jealous of your chill out time as we land on the Thursday and he starts work on the Monday!!!!!

This goodbye thing is awful, its like a goodbye groundhog day, we have seriously had enough now tommorrow is going to be dreadful.

Have fun

Ian, Paula & kids
Old Nov 4th 2002, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

Bon Voyage and good luck, come back and tell us how you get on and if things are really as bad as Dotty makes out.
Sue