Good shipping company??

Old Mar 26th 2002, 4:07 am
Jason

Default Good shipping company??

Im moving to OZ hopefully in june/july. Has anyone dealt with a shipping company from
the UK to Oz??? Also anyone got any advice about costs, items to take etc...

Thanks

Jason

Old Mar 26th 2002, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good shipping company??

Hi Jason,

We recently had a quote from a good company called ALLFREIGHT INTERNATIONAL REMOVALS LTD. They are based in Surrey. Telephone 01932 853344 contact Chris Smith. He is a really nice guy and very helpful. They will come round and give you a quote (roughly £3,400 for a 20ft container, but depends in Oz where you are going). They will advise you on the things to take and not to take.

All the best

Debbie
Old Mar 28th 2002, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi Jason

Apparently you should take EVERYTHING possible...you need to fill a bigger house (and some items are not cheap) and also remember your light fittings (if you like them) because I've heard they are years and years behind. I was on a newsgroup on www.flyingcompass.com which is a site for migrants to Oz and one lady said she couldn't for the life of her find any light fittings she liked and wished she'd brought hers with her.

I know this might seem insignificant, but I thought you'd like to know anyway. Best of luck with your move...we're coming out in October....can't wait!!!!

sophia x
Old Mar 29th 2002, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

bevo is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the same, if you have a 20ft container you might as well fill it. We have had a quote for £3300 not including insurance for a 20ft from Allied Pickfords - One of a few companies who are also based in Oz so you are dealing with the same people at both ends - if something does go wrong they cant blame each other. I know others who have used them without complaint. That is door to door - they disassemble, wrap and pack everything and supposedly reassemble at the other end !!!!
Old Mar 31st 2002, 2:05 pm
Devnull

Can you say what the cubic capacity of a 20ft container is? How wide and high is it?

--
devnull

"bevo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I think the same, if you have a 20ft container you might as well fill
    > it. We have had a quote for £3300 not including insurance for a 20ft from Allied
    > Pickfords - One of a few companies who are also based in Oz so you are dealing
    > with the same people at both ends - if something does go wrong they cant blame
    > each other. I know others who have used them without complaint. That is door to
    > door - they disassemble, wrap and pack everything and supposedly reassemble at
    > the other end !!!!
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > bevo
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 31st 2002, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Aren't they those huge containers that go up and down the motorway with mad logos on the side like "hapag lloyd"? If so, blimey, that is a lot to fill!!!
Old Apr 1st 2002, 4:11 am
Just Joined

Juliette is an unknown quantity at this point

Anglo Pacific. For 21 tea chests and a canoe it cost 500 pounds for the boxes & shipping costs and then 500 pounds for the insurance or there abouts. It took 8 weeks door to door. If you want more info I can find out
Juliette
Old Apr 2nd 2002, 5:35 am
Andrew

Hi,

We used Allied Pickfords to migrate from Berkshire to Brisbane in Jan 1999 so I've no
idea of the price today. We found the UK end to be professional, efficient and
careful packing the goods. 99.99% of the goods arrived unharmed although there was a
little mould in a couple of the items (seems the containers are not air-tight).
Pickfords here in Brisbane were not as professional but they unpacked everything at
top speed (in the middle of a hot summer's day too) - so all-in all they did a good
service. They weren't the cheapest but we were happy with the service overall.

Hope this helps, Andrew.

bevo <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I think the same, if you have a 20ft container you might as well fill
    > it. We have had a quote for £3300 not including insurance for a 20ft from Allied
    > Pickfords - One of a few companies who are also based in Oz so you are dealing
    > with the same people at both ends - if something does go wrong they cant blame
    > each other. I know others who have used them without complaint. That is door to
    > door - they disassemble, wrap and pack everything and supposedly reassemble at
    > the other end !!!!

Old Jul 15th 2002, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Mike Peters is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Just A quick one just had all our things turn up from uk,
we used Allfright 40ft inc ins £5400 nothing missing or damaged
left uk on 17th may we recived it at our house 5th july

hope this helps

Mick