Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Going for a work sponsored visa. What do i need and how long or quick will it be

Wikiposts

Going for a work sponsored visa. What do i need and how long or quick will it be

Old May 15th 2009, 6:09 am
Just Joined

Leigh-Adam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going for a work sponsored visa. What do i need and how long or quick will it be

I will hopefully get a company to help with gaining visa and sponsor me if a job application goes well. What sort of docs and info will we need to have ready for me and my partner, so we are ready to go if all goes well?

Also me and my partner are not married yet in middle of plans will this affect her gaining a visa?

And what sort of time scales are we looking at if we got the job offer and them to sponsor us?

Thanks for any advice

Adam
Old May 15th 2009, 1:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going for a work sponsored visa. What do i need and how long or quick will it be

Originally Posted by Leigh-Adam
I will hopefully get a company to help with gaining visa and sponsor me if a job application goes well. What sort of docs and info will we need to have ready for me and my partner, so we are ready to go if all goes well?

Also me and my partner are not married yet in middle of plans will this affect her gaining a visa?

And what sort of time scales are we looking at if we got the job offer and them to sponsor us?

Thanks for any advice

Adam
Start with a thorough read of www.immi.gov.au

Your partner can come as your de facto as long as you have been living together for 12 months or more.
Old May 15th 2009, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going for a work sponsored visa. What do i need and how long or quick will it be

Exactly what kind of documents will vary from person to person, but you could start gathering together basic items such as: birth certificates, passports, evidence of degree and / or other qualifications, employer references, evidence of de facto relationship such as joint mortgage / joint tenancy agreement / joint utility bills / separate bills with same address etc.

Afraid I have no idea about timing of employer sponsored visas.