British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Going on a one year working holiday visa and trying to stay... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/going-one-year-working-holiday-visa-trying-stay-536024/)

StanUK May 12th 2008 3:33 pm

Going on a one year working holiday visa and trying to stay...

Has anyone done this and how easy is it to find an employer who will sponser you. It looks like I'm inelgible due to a lack of secondry education, I did various diplomas and I have industry diploma in the financial sector but I@ve been told they are inaapropriate asnd not recognised.

I'm absolutely gutted, but still determined to get there, can anyone make any suggestions that may help

thanks in advance

De Mange May 12th 2008 4:04 pm

Re: Going on a one year working holiday visa and trying to stay...

Originally Posted by StanUK (Post 6340420)
Has anyone done this and how easy is it to find an employer who will sponser you. It looks like I'm inelgible due to a lack of secondry education, I did various diplomas and I have industry diploma in the financial sector but I@ve been told they are inaapropriate asnd not recognised.

I'm absolutely gutted, but still determined to get there, can anyone make any suggestions that may help

thanks in advance

Marry an Aussie.

Australia_bound? May 12th 2008 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by De Mange (Post 6340483)
Marry an Aussie.

Retrain an a profession they require :blink:

Ianevs May 12th 2008 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by StanUK (Post 6340420)

thanks in advance

Go on a working holiday for a year and in that year work for 3 months in agriculture-fruit picking,farming etc, then this will give you an extra 12 months in oz.Then work for someone who`s willing to sponsor you,this is what my brother did 4 years ago and he`s still there with no qualifications! Good luck

Australia_bound? May 12th 2008 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Ianevs (Post 6341116)
Go on a working holiday for a year and in that year work for 3 months in agriculture-fruit picking,farming etc, then this will give you an extra 12 months in oz.Then work for someone who`s willing to sponsor you,this is what my brother did 4 years ago and he`s still there with no qualifications! Good luck

As long as they are under 30 tiz possible

JAJ May 13th 2008 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Ianevs (Post 6341116)

There are skill requirements for sponsored visas, although it may be easier in regional areas.