Wikiposts

Glenn Newton does it again!

Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:40 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Glenn Newton does it again!

I got a nice little email from Glenn Newton this morning.

Inside was a little poem which I wont repeat, I shall leave Glenn to do that.

But the upshot of the poem was 'If I say Abdel is a ******* chef then he is a chef.

Yes, Glen appealed the classification of cook for my husband, fought it and won.

My husband has now been reclassified as a chef!!!!!!!

Just want to say that if anyone is wondering whether they should get assistance from Glenn Newton then I would highly recommend him.

Because not only did he get us through a potentially difficult case with our situation, but he thought we should have been classified higher, appealed and won our case.

Thanks again Glenn for what you have done for us.

Hope we can meet up one day when we come 'home' to Australia

Last edited by Cheetah7; Feb 28th 2006 at 8:43 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Glenn Newton does it again!

That's absolutely brilliant! Does that mean you'll switch to 136 modl or stick with stni?
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:59 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happymum
That's absolutely brilliant! Does that mean you'll switch to 136 modl or stick with stni?

We cant do 136 yet until hubby ups his english score from 15 to 20 points.

Hes resitting his English test to try and do it.

We have applied STNI WA and they only take 3 weeks to come back with a decision, so we should at least wait and see what they say.

Brilliant though, Im so pleased.

Glenn sure knows how to kick ass.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:00 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Professional Princess]I got a nice little email from Glenn Newton this morning.

But the upshot of the poem was 'If I say Abdel is a ******* chef then he is a chef.

Yes, Glen appealed the classification of cook for my husband, fought it and won.

Just want to say that if anyone is wondering whether they should get assistance from Glenn Newton then I would highly recommend him.

Because not only did he get us through a potentially difficult case with our situation, but he thought we should have been classified higher, appealed and won our case.

Congratulations to you and Abdel. That's brilliant!
Its about time you had some good news.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:04 pm

[QUOTE=chattyshazza]
Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Congratulations to you and Abdel. That's brilliant!
Its about time you had some good news.

We were grateful to get cook to be honest, just to pass the damn thing.

Didnt expect to be reclassified.

Now we just have to wait for WA to see if we can get STNI with them. Cooks and Chefs are both on the shortage list, its just you have more choices with chef.

I hear that WA are pretty quick in their processing, so we shall see what happens.

Now he has his IELTS to do, and if we get STNI, he doesnt technically need to do it as he has 15 points.

But he may as well resit because he knows he could have done so much better and he knows what to expect.

Ive done extensive research for WA, so we dont mind committing to 2 years if that is what is offered first.

Im very excited. What a great start to my day!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Professional Princess]
Originally Posted by chattyshazza

We were grateful to get cook to be honest, just to pass the damn thing.

Didnt expect to be reclassified.

Now we just have to wait for WA to see if we can get STNI with them. Cooks and Chefs are both on the shortage list, its just you have more choices with chef.

I hear that WA are pretty quick in their processing, so we shall see what happens.

Now he has his IELTS to do, and if we get STNI, he doesnt technically need to do it as he has 15 points.

But he may as well resit because he knows he could have done so much better and he knows what to expect.

Ive done extensive research for WA, so we dont mind committing to 2 years if that is what is offered first.

Im very excited. What a great start to my day!

Aw, really pleased for you and Abdel.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:13 pm

[QUOTE=WendyC]

Aw, really pleased for you and Abdel.

I was reading on the pomsinperth site last night that some people have had DIMA contact their employers and ask for completely new references and tons of evidence, something about fraudulent claims.

That worried me because how helpful would a busy employer be to be able to provide that?

It makes me sick that there are people that put false claims in, get in to Australia and the genuine ones - my husband included who have worked hard to get in his application, have to worry that a previous employer is having a bad day and may not comply or be helpful.

I know DIMA are doing their job and its not an easy one, but I just hope everything goes smoothly for us and they see we are genuine.

Oh well, Im so pleased anyway, Glenn said he would appeal and he did.

Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:15 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Glad to see a bit of luck coming your way. I hope it is now the sign of things to come.
Katie x
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:26 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Professional Princess]
Originally Posted by WendyC

I was reading on the pomsinperth site last night that some people have had DIMA contact their employers and ask for completely new references and tons of evidence, something about fraudulent claims.

That worried me because how helpful would a busy employer be to be able to provide that?

It makes me sick that there are people that put false claims in, get in to Australia and the genuine ones - my husband included who have worked hard to get in his application, have to worry that a previous employer is having a bad day and may not comply or be helpful.

I know DIMA are doing their job and its not an easy one, but I just hope everything goes smoothly for us and they see we are genuine.

Oh well, Im so pleased anyway, Glenn said he would appeal and he did.

Fab news about the reclassification!

I know what you mean about the ref checks - my hubby's a carpenter so it's like getting blood from a stone to get the building trade to sit at a computer and type a reference - god knows what they'll be like when DIMIA phone them - no doubt they'll be in the middle of work and it's the last thing they'll want!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:19 pm

[QUOTE=Clippies]

Fab news about the reclassification!

I know what you mean about the ref checks - my hubby's a carpenter so it's like getting blood from a stone to get the building trade to sit at a computer and type a reference - god knows what they'll be like when DIMIA phone them - no doubt they'll be in the middle of work and it's the last thing they'll want!

I think the checks are random and not routine, but due to the fraudulent claims of some tossers, they appear to be increasing.

I know I couldnt do their job, and I know DIMA are just following orders, but from my side, we are also just doing our best to get our application in - legally.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Glenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to all

I can't repeat the poem here because it would be moderated out on the basis of crass self promotion ;-)
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Glenn Newton
I can't repeat the poem here because it would be moderated out on the basis of crass self promotion ;-)

Yes but we could form a cheerleading squad and chant your name for a bit.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:39 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Gotta give it to the man, he's good.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by paulf
Gotta give it to the man, he's good.

I would say that whatever someone does with their TRA application, if they feel they will struggle to do it alone, invest some cash and get Glenn to do it for them.

Because failure in your TRA is extra time and money.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:19 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

I would say that whatever someone does with their TRA application, if they feel they will struggle to do it alone, invest some cash and get Glenn to do it for them.

Because failure in your TRA is extra time and money.
Oh makes me want to do the whole TRA thing again now!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.