Girlfriend moving to Oz. is it possible

Old Oct 18th 2017, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Girlfriend moving to Oz. is it possible

How romantic! I wish you all the best of luck.

I would not advise going through an Immigration Agent unless you are loaded or your case is likely to fail.

These guys on here have all the knowledge you'll ever need.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Well guys, the flights are booked and my future wife will be landing in Oz mid february.

We've been steadily bringing a few things together document wise.
We opened the bank account and have both been drip feeding money into it since September. I've got a lot of old facebook contact messages printed out as well as a whole heap of Whatsapp messages. Sadly there's a gap of quite a few months in the contact because she broke an old phone and the whatsapp trail only lets me go back to the point she got a new one. I'm hoping these things can all go towards proving our relationship is genuine. Advice on that would be very welcome.

She has applied for a police clearance check, but when does she get the medical done?
Does she wait for immi to inform her after we've applied?

Thanks a million

McDoosh
Old Nov 5th 2017, 9:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McDoosh
Well guys, the flights are booked and my future wife will be landing in Oz mid february.

We've been steadily bringing a few things together document wise.
We opened the bank account and have both been drip feeding money into it since September. I've got a lot of old facebook contact messages printed out as well as a whole heap of Whatsapp messages. Sadly there's a gap of quite a few months in the contact because she broke an old phone and the whatsapp trail only lets me go back to the point she got a new one. I'm hoping these things can all go towards proving our relationship is genuine. Advice on that would be very welcome.

She has applied for a police clearance check, but when does she get the medical done?
Does she wait for immi to inform her after we've applied?

Thanks a million

McDoosh
She'll get told when to do her medical Don't do it until asked.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question guys....... when my partner arrives in February, she'll be on her 3 month holiday visa before we apply for the 820.

At what point would she get work rights?

Cheers

McDoosh
Old Nov 20th 2017, 5:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
Quick question guys....... when my partner arrives in February, she'll be on her 3 month holiday visa before we apply for the 820.

At what point would she get work rights?

Cheers

McDoosh
She needs to apply for the 820 before her 3 months is up, then she'll have to wait till the tourist visa expires. Once its expired she goes onto the Bridging Visa and thats when her working rights will kick in.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 7:44 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

A word of caution; onshore partner processing times are out of control at the moment, 3-4 years at the current rate.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BritInParis
A word of caution; onshore partner processing times are out of control at the moment, 3-4 years at the current rate.
Cheers for the heads up mate....Will there be anything specific i need to do because of the current processing time.....or just carry on living together and sit tight waiting for something to come through..?

Thanks
Old Nov 20th 2017, 7:58 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for the heads up mate....Will there be anything specific i need to do because of the current processing time.....or just carry on living together and sit tight waiting for something to come through..?

Thanks
You may want to consider applying offshore given how long it's taking. If you're happy to sit tight for that long, then just make whichever bridging visa your fiancΓ©e is on allows her to travel if she wants to leave Australia at any point.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

You may want to consider applying offshore given how long it's taking. If you're happy to sit tight for that long, then just make whichever bridging visa your fiancΓ©e is on allows her to travel if she wants to leave Australia at any point.
I'm not sure i follow mate....she's actually still waiting for her divorce to be finalised so I'm guessing she couldn't apply till thats done and dusted anyway. And are there different types of bridging visa's, some that would allow her to travel overseas and some that wouldn't?

Cheers
Old Nov 20th 2017, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm finding the whole bridging visa notes on the Immigration website clear as mud.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the type A is automatically applied for when we submit the 820 application. If she needs to leave Oz for any reason i'm guessing she'd then have to apply for a type B

Cheers

McDoosh

Last edited by jazzys; Nov 21st 2017 at 12:05 am.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 7:19 am

I'm not sure i follow mate....she's actually still waiting for her divorce to be finalised so I'm guessing she couldn't apply till thats done and dusted anyway. And are there different types of bridging visa's, some that would allow her to travel overseas and some that wouldn't?

Cheers
An application lodged in the UK will take approximately six months to process at the moment. An application lodged in Australia will take several years at the current rate.

I'm finding the whole bridging visa notes on the Immigration website clear as mud.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the type A is automatically applied for when we submit the 820 application. If she needs to leave Oz for any reason i'm guessing she'd then have to apply for a type B

Cheers

McDoosh
That's about the jist of it.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

poida is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers

McDoosh
Yes that's exactly right, so everytime you want to travel while the partner visa is being processed you'll need to buy the type B bridging visa or make sure that the previous one doesn't expire before your return date. I can't remember how long they are valid for but it's only a few months each time.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

An application lodged in the UK will take approximately six months to process at the moment. An application lodged in Australia will take several years at the current rate.
Hmmmmmmm.....Interesting.
But i'm guessing she couldn't apply until her divorce had come thru anyway....She has flights booked for February so it looks like we're heading down the road of years rather than months.....πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“
Old Nov 21st 2017, 2:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmmmmm.....Interesting.
But i'm guessing she couldn't apply until her divorce had come thru anyway....She has flights booked for February so it looks like we're heading down the road of years rather than months.....πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“
It depends on what the grounds are for applying and which partner visa is being applied for. If its prospective marriage it has ti be applied foroffshore and both partners must be free to marry.
If its de facto on the grounds of living together 12 months or more, no need to be divorced as they aren't intending to marry
If its spouse on the grounds of marriage they can't remarry till the divorce comes through, and I believe if its de facto on the grounds of a registered relationship, the relationship can ony be registered once the divorce is final.

Not sure which route Jazzys is looking at
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

We were looking at the 820 visa guys.....and i believe we couldn't apply until her divorce is finalised....

That should be soon but as i mentioned, she has flights booked for Feb next year.....

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.