getting married/living together......

Old Oct 21st 2009, 2:41 pm
LivingTheDreamAndLove

PeachyGirl will become famous soon enoughPeachyGirl will become famous soon enough
Wink getting married/living together......

hi guys,girls
Well i have been with my partner for 7.half months now and things are going great,some hiccups but thats kinda down to me being scared i guess he will finish ,its just me being paranoid i guess,i really love this guy,hell yeaah im in luv with him,i have been with a few guys since my big split,but they have never lasted or i have never felt so much towards this man i am with,i mean ive moved in with him,which to me is a big step,i wouldnt of done it if i never felt so much towards him.
Well to cut a long story short,,he is moving to austrailia in a year he has a visa and plans to rent first then buy a property i am a carer by trade and have certificates etc for this type of work,he is a pipefitter,well we have already talked about marrage and i know that i wanna and him too,not just to get me in to aus,but because we are ment for each other,he has been hurt in past and me too,i kinda get worried cause guys in past have drove me nuts with there dis honesty,but he is different we both wanna settle down have a family that is mine and his,we do wanna get married but we dont have long really i know the other option is living together for twelve months so that is a option,but id rather get married be commited to each other even if we dont have long before he wants to move to aus.
But i think you have to be married for at least 9mths is this true any advice

michelle
Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

northerndeli82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: getting married/living together......

Hi,

I don't really think you have to be married for '9 months' before you can apply for a visa. As long as you can prove your relationship: emails/phonecalls/bills etcyou should be fine, but it does say something about you should have been together for a minimum of 12months if you are applying on the bases of a de facto relationship.

i am applying on a marriage base (only been 2months into my marriage, but been together for two years and this has not affected my application.

Read the australian immigration website - you will find your answers and catergory you should apply in under there

best wishes!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeachyGirl
hi guys,girls
Well i have been with my partner for 7.half months now and things are going great,some hiccups but thats kinda down to me being scared i guess he will finish ,its just me being paranoid i guess,i really love this guy,hell yeaah im in luv with him,i have been with a few guys since my big split,but they have never lasted or i have never felt so much towards this man i am with,i mean ive moved in with him,which to me is a big step,i wouldnt of done it if i never felt so much towards him.
Well to cut a long story short,,he is moving to austrailia in a year he has a visa and plans to rent first then buy a property i am a carer by trade and have certificates etc for this type of work,he is a pipefitter,well we have already talked about marrage and i know that i wanna and him too,not just to get me in to aus,but because we are ment for each other,he has been hurt in past and me too,i kinda get worried cause guys in past have drove me nuts with there dis honesty,but he is different we both wanna settle down have a family that is mine and his,we do wanna get married but we dont have long really i know the other option is living together for twelve months so that is a option,but id rather get married be commited to each other even if we dont have long before he wants to move to aus.
But i think you have to be married for at least 9mths is this true any advice

michelle
You don't have to be married for 9 months. If you are married you can apply for a spouse visa straight away. If you aren't married you need to live together for 12 months.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm

See these threads for the advice already given to your partner. Here and here
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:27 pm
LivingTheDreamAndLove

PeachyGirl will become famous soon enoughPeachyGirl will become famous soon enough

okay i see
Haa well that wasnt me he was on about
but nevermind tells me alot
Thanks
And we will just have to look into it
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeachyGirl
okay i see
Haa well that wasnt me he was on about
but nevermind tells me alot
Thanks
And we will just have to look into it
The answers will be the same whether it was you or another partner

Have a read of the DIAC booklet on the link in my post above, as that should answer most of your questions