Getting a ENS Employer Nominated Sponsor

Old Nov 28th 2008, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

ScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really nice
Default Getting a ENS Employer Nominated Sponsor

Looking for some help here guys.

Feeling a bit down about this just now but I've been assessed by Engineers Australia and was awarded Engineer Technologist in Electrical Engineering. A 60 pointer so I thought, great, that should do it, but my agent has told me that the place I want to go (Melbourne) is not looking for my occupation so I would have to look for an employer to sponsor. I feel I've wasted my time using an agent and getting assessed as I don't feel any futher forward than I was 8 months ago.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...milies/sad.gif
Is it an advantage being assessed? Can this help get an employer interested? and is there any good agencies that deal in this situation? The agent said that they would deal with the paperwork but the hard bit is getting a job offer.

It took for every to get everything together for the assessment so I hope my effort is not wasted
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:26 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting a ENS Employer Nominated Sponsor

Originally Posted by ScottishSteve
Looking for some help here guys.

Feeling a bit down about this just now but I've been assessed by Engineers Australia and was awarded Engineer Technologist in Electrical Engineering. A 60 pointer so I thought, great, that should do it, but my agent has told me that the place I want to go (Melbourne) is not looking for my occupation so I would have to look for an employer to sponsor. I feel I've wasted my time using an agent and getting assessed as I don't feel any futher forward than I was 8 months ago.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...milies/sad.gif
Is it an advantage being assessed? Can this help get an employer interested? and is there any good agencies that deal in this situation? The agent said that they would deal with the paperwork but the hard bit is getting a job offer.

It took for every to get everything together for the assessment so I hope my effort is not wasted
Do you not qualify for the visa on the strength of points alone? If you have a 60 point occupation it's a possibility that you could reach the 120 mark on your own without sponsorship.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

ScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really nice

Beause it's not in the Demand list I'm short, even if I take the english test.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:57 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScottishSteve
Beause it's not in the Demand list I'm short, even if I take the english test.
How about state sponsorship? Are you on any of the states' lists? I know it's difficult to get an employer sponsor, so 176 might be another option.

Good luck with your application either way.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Looked a the state sponsor list but the only one I could get was for Queensland and that was only for particular postcodes (mostly in the middle of nowhere). I wanted to go to Melbourne but the only option at the min is a sponsor.