Wikiposts

Getting docs certified

Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting docs certified

Please can anyone clarify if a policeman can certify documents.

Cheers Tracey
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:15 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Getting docs certified

Originally Posted by teejay66

Cheers Tracey
I don't think so... you can usually take them to the your local mags court and they do em for a small fee... much cheaper than solicitors/lawyers!

Hope that helps
Sonic
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:27 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Tracey

Hi Tracey,
The below is from a FAQ sheet issued by Australia House, London

Who Can Certify Copies of my Documents?

For the UK and the Republic of Ireland your documents can be certified by a notary public, commissioner for oaths, police officer, bank manager or
solicitor.

So yes a Police Officer can sign.

Regards
Katie
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:24 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Tracey
WE GOT OURS DONE AT A SOLICITORS, THEY HAVE A STAMP AND MUST SIGN !! ALSO GET A BUSINESS CARD AS YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SHOW THEY CAN CONTACT THAT PERSON IF THEY SO WISH.
WE FORGOT TO GET 2 COPIES OF EVERYTHING FOR MAIN APPLICATION, AND HAVE THEM ALL CERTIFIED SO HAD TO GO BACK SO JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET ALL YOUR STUFF TOGETHER TO SAVE YOURSELF ANOTHER TRIP ( UNLIKE US !!)
WE RANG ROUND ALL LOCAL SOLICITORS TO GET THE BEST PRICE, A FEW PEOPLE HAVE SUGGESTED GOING TO A MAGISTRATES COURT, HOWEVER YOU HAVE TO SIT AND WAIT TILL THEY HAVE A SPACE.
JANE XXX
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:59 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glennandkate
Hi Tracey,
The below is from a FAQ sheet issued by Australia House, London

Who Can Certify Copies of my Documents?

For the UK and the Republic of Ireland your documents can be certified by a notary public, commissioner for oaths, police officer, bank manager or
solicitor.

So yes a Police Officer can sign.

Regards
Katie
Not sure where that came from glennandkate - I had a look and it didn't mention a police officer...

http://www.australia.org.uk/VTI/HTML/cert.html

Was that on an old document or something???

Graham
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:10 am
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northerner
Not sure where that came from glennandkate - I had a look and it didn't mention a police officer...

Was that on an old document or something???

Graham
Hi Graham,
See the attached link. I found it a few weeks ago on another forum. Its September 2005.

http://www.*************/forum/viewto...courier+po+box

Katie
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Graham,
See the attached link. I found it a few weeks ago on another forum. Its September 2005.

http://www.*************/forum/viewto...courier+po+box

Katie
Sorry but they have their info wrong.

Copied from AHC site just now:

certifying documents

"For the purposes of an Australia visa or citizenship application the following people can certify documents and witness statutory declarations in the UK and Republic of Ireland:
UK
Solicitor
Magistrate
Notary Public
Justice of the Peace
Officer of the court appointed by a Judge to take affidavits"
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:37 am
yeah but no but

Originally Posted by moneypen20

certifying documents

"For the purposes of an Australia visa or citizenship application the following people can certify documents and witness statutory declarations in the UK and Republic of Ireland:
UK
Solicitor
Magistrate
Notary Public
Justice of the Peace
yeh -just read it. It all very confusing. I have just been looking at some old threads on here - some only two months old and the info is all over the place. I've even seen vets and midwifes mentioned.
I think maybe the best bet is to go for what it says in black and white on the Aus House website and ignore advice on sites like these...
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

yeh -just read it. It all very confusing. I have just been looking at some old threads on here - some only two months old and the info is all over the place. I've even seen vets and midwifes mentioned.
I think maybe the best bet is to go for what it says in black and white on the Aus House website and ignore advice on sites like these...
How happy would people be to get a refusal because they had used a vet to certify!!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:55 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm. Shame that, my brother's a police officer - could have been quite useful as we've got to get all our documents certified in the next couple of weeks!!

Think we will go down the magistrates court route...

Graham
Old Jan 20th 2006, 1:02 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20

certifying documents

UK
Solicitor
Magistrate
Notary Public
Justice of the Peace

with you on this one moneypen!

midwives cannot certify documents!!!

i am a midwife and we cannot do it!

goodluck everyone
mand

Last edited by amanda76; Jan 20th 2006 at 1:32 am. Reason: to add link
Old Jan 20th 2006, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

Cheers Tracey
Tracy these 2 links will give you everything you need to know about uk & Oz certification

regards

jon

http://scaleplus.law.gov.au/html/pa.../0/PR000080.htm

http://britishexpats.com/forum/show...d=1#post2981502

Last edited by jonjon; Jan 20th 2006 at 1:19 am. Reason: helps if i paste the links
Old Jan 20th 2006, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonjon
Tracy these 2 links will give you everything you need to know about uk & Oz certification

regards

jon

Thanks for the info guys I guess the best thing is to go to a solicitor and play safe.

cheers

Tracey
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by jonjon

regards

jon

Neither of those links worked.

Unfortunately too many outside sites hold the wrong info. For peace of mind always use DIMIA or AHC. All the info is there and is more likely to be correct.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
Hmmm. Shame that, my brother's a police officer - could have been quite useful as we've got to get all our documents certified in the next couple of weeks!!

Think we will go down the magistrates court route...

Graham
Graham

We went to a local solicitor
1st visit - £10 for Skill Assessment documents
2nd visit - (with hubby had to get his birth cert/passport docs certified)
Visa Docs and NurseBoardSA FORM countersigning £20
Thought that was cheap as there was loads of documents included.

Alison

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.