Wikiposts

Genuine Error

Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

fartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nice
Default Genuine Error

Hi People,

I have allready sent of my police check form about 10 days ago.

The problem i have is this.

I've been going through some old documents to discover three convictions that i did not mention on the forms sent back to DIAC.

These convictions were over 25 years ago,and i honestly forgot they were there.

What advice can you give me at this stage?:curse:
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:58 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Genuine Error

reckon you should email them through as extra info mate..........you dnt want them to knock you back on summat that might have ment nothing but cos you didnt disclose it they say no!!!

Good luck.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:02 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Definitely disclose it, because you should be totally honest and it will probably show up on police checks anyway.

What kind of convictions are they (if you don't mind me asking). Three seems like a lot to overlook, unless they're for something really minor then I could see that happening.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

fartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nice

Originally Posted by comet555
Definitely disclose it, because you should be totally honest and it will probably show up on police checks anyway.

What kind of convictions are they (if you don't mind me asking). Three seems like a lot to overlook, unless they're for something really minor then I could see that happening.
Hello mate.

1) was for Theft in 1981
2) was carrying a person on a motorbike without a crash helmelt
3) was drunk & disorderly in 1983
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:14 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think 2 or 3 would be a problem. It's been a long time so I doubt the theft would be a major issue. Did you ever have to go to jail at all, or was it mostly fines, probation, etc? I can't say for sure but I would suspect that it was so long ago and the offenses were probably relatively minor that it shouldn't be a problem.

If you use the search tool in the forum you might get more info on convictions and stuff. I'll try and have a look in the morning and see what I find. It's bedtime for me so I'll check back tomorrow.

I would definitely add the details to your application. You could also get a police check just to see exactly what's on it. You can always get another one later on if you're worried about validation time, etc.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

You could send an amendment to inform them with a letter affirming your good character from someone who has known you for some time, assuming you are a reformed character of course!
Presumably you were quite young when these offences occurred also so feel sure that will be taken into account!
Good luck & try not to worry too much!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
You could send an amendment to inform them with a letter affirming your good character from someone who has known you for some time, assuming you are a reformed character of course!
Presumably you were quite young when these offences occurred also so feel sure that will be taken into account!
Good luck & try not to worry too much!
Thanks for that sallyclaire.

I've spoken to my consultant about this and she thinks this will be fine.
I will have to send a cover note explaining why when i return my Police check form.

I have never been in prison or young offenders institute.
They are only minor stuff,young and silly!

Cheers anyway,it made me feel a bit better
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

toan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to all

hi,
you need to fill form 1023 it is self explanitory...reasons etc.