Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

General state sponsorship questions post 1st July 2012

General state sponsorship questions post 1st July 2012

Old Aug 10th 2012, 11:49 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: General state sponsorship questions post 1st July 2012

Originally Posted by ios_ghost
I was dreaming about victoria. . . But due to fund issue i stopped.Coz it is actually not possible to arrange that huge amount.

Appearently, SA does not ask for fund proof(Am not sure)

Now am looking for someone who already got approval in Victoria or SA.

Coz it will be bad to be rejected middle of application due to lack of fund.
You're going to need a decent amount of funds to support yourself when you arrive in Australia. It's not cheap here, so the states want you to be able to show that you are not going to struggle or be a burden or have to pack up and leave because you run out of money. Many (most) migrants do not find work for the first few weeks or months, so must have funds to support themselves until they do. Honestly, $20 000 AUD is not a lot of money to set up your entire life in a new country.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 12:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ios_ghost
Hello Ms . .

Where is your kitten (Profile pic)?

Please bring her back after the Olympic. .

Some how it has became an emblem of your posts. . .

Am missing it. . .
That's nice, thank you. Never fear, she will be back, dancing around her handbag in a few weeks.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

ios_ghost is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You're going to need a decent amount of funds to support yourself when you arrive in Australia. It's not cheap here, so the states want you to be able to show that you are not going to struggle or be a burden or have to pack up and leave because you run out of money. Many (most) migrants do not find work for the first few weeks or months, so must have funds to support themselves until they do. Honestly, $20 000 AUD is not a lot of money to set up your entire life in a new country.
Thank you for your nice post.
Yes, I agree with you.

But problem is I could manage around 15k - 17k cash.
And take a challenge to manage a job.

Most of my colleagues who migrated to AUS, got their jobs within Max 2 months (sal 85-87,000/year).
May be it made a wee bit confident to take a challenge.

But practical situation may become hard for anyone at anytime.Always it is not an apple to an apple for everybody
Old Sep 19th 2012, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Bizkut is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me if there is data available on the number of applications for state sponsorship? Info. like the no. of applications to the different states; ratio of received vs approved? Nominated ocupations?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 12:41 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bizkut
Can anyone tell me if there is data available on the number of applications for state sponsorship? Info. like the no. of applications to the different states; ratio of received vs approved? Nominated ocupations?
Have a look at the SkillSelect reports.