Wikiposts

General application form questions

Old Sep 5th 2004, 5:56 am
Not two zombies

Mongrol will become famous soon enough
Default General application form questions

Hi folks,

Been having fun filling the application form in over the weekend and have a little list of general questions.

1) It asks how we want to get our VISA. Post passports to Adelaide or nearest "mission". I assume this will be in London (is there one in Edinburgh?). What do most people do?

2) The form asks what state we plan on living in. Does this matter? Its a 136 Nursing VISA (+spouse) and we haven't decided what city we want to go to. W go on a reccie holiday in November but the application will be sent in before then.

3) It asks for evidence of our defacto relationship. We're not married, just bonded by the heart. Is this proof like, join bank account statements and suchlike?

4) ANC proof. Is it necessary to include all the nursing transcripts and proof that we included to get the ANC assessment all over again in the VISA app?

Thanks for any responses.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: General application form questions

Originally Posted by Mongrol
Hi folks,

4) ANC proof. Is it necessary to include all the nursing transcripts and proof that we included to get the ANC assessment all over again in the VISA app?

Hi Mongrol

I can't answer your queries, as we have just sent off our skills assessment to TRA, but our agent asked for 2 certified copies of everything as when we get to the visa application stage, everything you send to the assessing body also gets sent to DIMIA. You don't get your evidence back from the assessing authority. So yes you have to include all the proof again with the visa application.

Hope this helps and I'm sure someone else on the forum will be able to answer your other questions.

Good luck with the visa application

Jan
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

shillo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: General application form questions

Hi folks,

Been having fun filling the application form in over the weekend and have a little list of general questions.

1) It asks how we want to get our VISA. Post passports to Adelaide or nearest "mission". I assume this will be in London (is there one in Edinburgh?). What do most people do?

2) The form asks what state we plan on living in. Does this matter? Its a 136 Nursing VISA (+spouse) and we haven't decided what city we want to go to. W go on a reccie holiday in November but the application will be sent in before then.

3) It asks for evidence of our defacto relationship. We're not married, just bonded by the heart. Is this proof like, join bank account statements and suchlike?

Hi
I was told it's London ... so thats what i put on our form lol

Shillo
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks,

For the de facto rel'ship, its much the same as getting a de facto visa - have a search by recent posts by Michelle - mlbonner - as shes has posted her list of evidence a few times recently, and its probably the bet one around.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Hi folks,

Question 1 we put London

Question 4 you need to send copies of everything you initially sent to ANC
Old Sep 5th 2004, 3:49 pm
Rdarby

> 1) It asks how we want to get our VISA. Post passports to Adelaide or
    > nearest "mission". I assume this will be in London (is there one in
    > Edinburgh?). What do most people do?

I said I'd take it in to the local High Commision. Depends on where
you are, in the UK I think you can take it in.

> 2) The form asks what state we plan on living in. Does this matter? Its
    > a 136 Nursing VISA (+spouse) and we haven't decided what city we want
    > to go to. W go on a reccie holiday in November but the application
    > will be sent in before then.

I think this is only critical for regional sponsorship, and there is
nothing that holds you to it. I put SA as I knew I would work there,
but you don't have to prove anything about it, so put what you
consider likely. Mainly for stats I think.

> 3) It asks for evidence of our defacto relationship. We're not married,
    > just bonded by the heart. Is this proof like, join bank account
    > statements and suchlike?

There are some older posted on this, search for them, but yes it's
shared financial responsibility etc. In the last few weeks someone
posted a checklist they made up on what to send for defacto.

>
    > 4) ANC proof. Is it necessary to include all the nursing transcripts and
    > proof that we included to get the ANC assessment all over again in
    > the VISA app?

I included everything from the assesment (not for nurse), it costs
nothing to include it all again so you might as well play it safe. In
general I had a lot of duplication, as you had letters for work
experience and almost the same letter for proof of relevant work
experience etc.