British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Gap year (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/gap-year-906176/)

Varunksuri Nov 23rd 2017 9:42 am

Gap year

Hi I am in Australia for last 11 years now I am citizen here in Australia I want to bring my brother here in student visa but he got following problems.
He got separated from his wife and planning to divorce.he finished his graduation almost 5 years ago and was working with different companies.he got experience for almost 3.5 years.
My questions are
Can he apply for student visa.
Please advise
Thankv

old.sparkles Nov 23rd 2017 1:11 pm

Re: Gap year

Originally Posted by Varunksuri (Post 12387715)
Hi I am in Australia for last 11 years now I am citizen here in Australia I want to bring my brother here in student visa but he got following problems.
He got separated from his wife and planning to divorce.he finished his graduation almost 5 years ago and was working with different companies.he got experience for almost 3.5 years.
My questions are
Can he apply for student visa.
Please advise
Thankv

He can apply if he is accepted onto a suitable course. Of course, applying for a visa does not guarantee that it will be granted.

Also bear in mind the cost of international fees - and that he may likely have to leave upon completion of his study

AusStud Mar 8th 2018 4:25 am

Hi Varunksuri,
as old.sparkles mentioned, application for student visa does not guarantee it will be granted. However, if your brother does not have any gap in his education and employment there is a chance to provide to the immigration department that your brother is a genuine student.

The best if I can have a look at Resume of your brother that I can help you more with analyzing chances.

mrsgreenstar76 Mar 8th 2018 11:40 am

Originally Posted by AusStud (Post 12458418)
Hi Varunksuri,
as old.sparkles mentioned, application for student visa does not guarantee it will be granted. However, if your brother does not have any gap in his education and employment there is a chance to provide to the immigration department that your brother is a genuine student.

The best if I can have a look at Resume of your brother that I can help you more with analyzing chances.

Having just looked at your other posts, I don't think you are qualified to be offering to assess someone's résumé. Also, if you have any advice, we prefer it to be made on the forum, not in PMs, as 1) if it's good advice, then others in the same position may be able to benefit from it, and 2) if it's bad advice, then it can be corrected before it potentially costs someone thousands of dollars.

rammygirl Mar 8th 2018 12:58 pm

Again touting for dubious business. Austudy you need to be clear about your position here.

spouse of scouse Mar 8th 2018 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by AusStud (Post 12458418)
Hi Varunksuri,

That might be 'the best' for your own purposes, but it's a very bad idea for Varunksuri. You've already shown from your other post that you have no idea about Australian immigration requirements.

Varunksuri, don't take immigration advice from this person. If you want to get professional advice, make sure that the person is experienced and has a good reputation.