Gaining new skills

Old Sep 16th 2021, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Wg881 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gaining new skills

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
The best visa from that list would be the 190 - state/territory sponsored and PR from the get go.

I would be focussing on if you can meet the requirements for the skills assessment, if you can reach the points total, and if any states / territories are actually sponsoring.
Brill cheers. Is there anything I can be doing in the meantime to help myself to gain more in the points calculation? I.e. find out more about the English test requirement
Old Sep 16th 2021, 11:18 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wg881
Brill cheers. Is there anything I can be doing in the meantime to help myself to gain more in the points calculation? I.e. find out more about the English test requirement
I did IELTS for points, but there are other tests accepted now - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help...perior-english

Superior obviously gets you the most points, but it should not be assumed that it is a given that a natural English speaker will achieve this. Online there are resources to explain the tests and can give examples of what is required.

But points are only needed if you can pass the skills assessment, and find a state sponsoring your occupation.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 12:50 am
Just Joined

I did IELTS for points, but there are other tests accepted now -

Superior obviously gets you the most points, but it should not be assumed that it is a given that a natural English speaker will achieve this. Online there are resources to explain the tests and can give examples of what is required.

But points are only needed if you can pass the skills assessment, and find a state sponsoring your occupation.
Ok understood cheers. So what it looks like is that I should be considering taking steps towards the 190 visa route first instead of the WHV or do I need to be in the country before even considering the 190? Again sorry for constant questions but need to get a good picture of options before I start making some big decisions.

I think maybe I should be looking into an immigration agency to help me along the process especially regarding the skills assessment side as I have no idea what to expect.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:32 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wg881
Ok understood cheers. So what it looks like is that I should be considering taking steps towards the 190 visa route first instead of the WHV or do I need to be in the country before even considering the 190? Again sorry for constant questions but need to get a good picture of options before I start making some big decisions.

I think maybe I should be looking into an immigration agency to help me along the process especially regarding the skills assessment side as I have no idea what to expect.
If you want to move permanently to Australia, advice from an immigration agent would help clarify options, and the steps you need to take,

There are a few who are members of BE, and they should have contact info in their signatures. If picking from a Google search, as well as checking reviews also check they are MARA registered.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 9:35 am
Just Joined

If you want to move permanently to Australia, advice from an immigration agent would help clarify options, and the steps you need to take,

There are a few who are members of BE, and they should have contact info in their signatures. If picking from a Google search, as well as checking reviews also check they are MARA registered.
I’ll have a look. Thanks again for your help