Further medical examinations

Old Mar 26th 2003, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Further medical examinations

After submitting our medicals 6 weeks ago, the yellow envelope dropped through the door today. This must be it !!!!!!!!!!
but no, it was a request for a further medical examination to be done for our daughter who was just 1 yesterday.
Now we are paranoid as the doctor who originally did the meds said everything was fine!
Even worse, the earliest appointment we could get with the panel doctor is for the end of April. We now have to go a whole month wondering what could be wrong with her.
We are thinking of going to our own doctor to get a complete examination for our own peace of mind !!
Anyone had any experiance of this kind of thing before?
Anything to stop us worrying would be very gratfully received....
Thanks
Old Mar 26th 2003, 9:00 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help you Ian but I really will cross everything ....keep us updated ...

good luck
Things are never straight forward are they?????
Old Mar 26th 2003, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Further medical examinations

Originally posted by Ianha77
After submitting our medicals 6 weeks ago, the yellow envelope dropped through the door today. This must be it !!!!!!!!!!
but no, it was a request for a further medical examination to be done for our daughter who was just 1 yesterday.
Now we are paranoid as the doctor who originally did the meds said everything was fine!
Even worse, the earliest appointment we could get with the panel doctor is for the end of April. We now have to go a whole month wondering what could be wrong with her.
We are thinking of going to our own doctor to get a complete examination for our own peace of mind !!
Thanks
Ian

Our thoughts are with you and we pray for your daughter

Terry and Sharon
Old Mar 27th 2003, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

bleggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Hi there, Mrs Bleggy here
Don't know if this will have any relevance, but aren't immunizations for MMR due at the 12-18 month mark? could this have any bearing on it?
If you are really worried, personally I would have a check up with the health visitor and also with the family doctor. We are just booking our medicals for the kids now, earliest date 1 month away, so I don't know what the doctors will do to them, but personally I would ask my family doctor do arrange a urine test, maybe some blood tests etc, all results should be with you within a week...if something could be wrong, you don't want to wait a month to find out! I believe the tests are pretty simple and don't feel that there's anything to be majorly worried about with regards to your daughters health, they wouldn't be asking for a repeat medical if it was something serious now, would they!
Best wishes to you and yours x
Old Mar 27th 2003, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Me
I'd be on the phone to Adelaide at 10pm tonight to find out what they are requesting further checks of !!
Old Mar 27th 2003, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Other panel doctors may see you sooner if you sare prepared to travel. Would put your mind at rest quicker hopefully. Good luck
Mash...
Originally posted by Rossi
Me
I'd be on the phone to Adelaide at 10pm tonight to find out what they are requesting further checks of !!
Old Mar 27th 2003, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your replys.
just to let you know, I took the day off work today and went to our panel doctors. We had received from Adelaide an Envelope which they said could not be opened by us but only by the doctor who carried out our medicals. So i stood there and demanded they let me see our doctor so she could open the letter. Eventually they gave in and took me through. The doctor opened the letter to find that all they needed were our daughters weight and her height as they had not been filled in by the doctor on form 26.

Needless to say as i stood there with a smug grin on my face the doctor felt as big as a squashed pea!!!!
They said there would be no charge and even paid the postage to send it back to Aus.......
The main thing is we were so relieved that there was nothing serioulsly wrong. So now we are back on track!!!!!

Thanks again
Old Mar 27th 2003, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats good news, sit back and relax now.
Old Mar 27th 2003, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your replys.
just to let you know, I took the day off work today and went to our panel doctors. We had received from Adelaide an Envelope which they said could not be opened by us but only by the doctor who carried out our medicals. So i stood there and demanded they let me see our doctor so she could open the letter. Eventually they gave in and took me through. The doctor opened the letter to find that all they needed were our daughters weight and her height as they had not been filled in by the doctor on form 26.

Needless to say as i stood there with a smug grin on my face the doctor felt as big as a squashed pea!!!!
They said there would be no charge and even paid the postage to send it back to Aus.......
The main thing is we were so relieved that there was nothing serioulsly wrong. So now we are back on track!!!!!

Thanks again

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 27th 2003, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Incredible. How they make you suffer !!!!

Mash...
Old Mar 27th 2003, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Even the Doctors can't get it right!!

You must be relieved to say the least.

Just for info, the Harley Street Doctor on the list does not have any waiting list, I rang them a couple of weeks ago and they said that I only have to give a couple of days notice for an appointment. The price is the same as others that I telephoned.

May be useful if someone is in a rush and willing to travel a bit.

Glad to hear things are all o.k.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 12:18 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

No charge? The doc should really be paying compensation

Cheers,
Peter
Old Mar 29th 2003, 2:57 am
Kimberly Pearson

Many Blessings to you and wish you and your family all the best..

Kimberly

"Ianha77" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for all your replys.
    > just to let you know, I took the day off work today and went to our
    > panel doctors. We had received from Adelaide an Envelope which they said
    > could not be opened by us but only by the doctor who carried out our
    > medicals. So i stood there and demanded they let me see our doctor so
    > she could open the letter. Eventually they gave in and took me through.
    > The doctor opened the letter to find that all they needed were our
    > daughters weight and her height as they had not been filled in by the
    > doctor on form 26.
    > Needless to say as i stood there with a smug grin on my face the doctor
    > felt as big as a squashed pea!!!!
    > They said there would be no charge and even paid the postage to send it
    > back to Aus.......
    > The main thing is we were so relieved that there was nothing serioulsly
    > wrong. So now we are back on track!!!!!
    > Thanks again
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 29th 2003, 10:20 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Phew Ian...Im so pleased that it was nothing serious...
Old Mar 29th 2003, 6:18 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

The B######s. You poor people, I bet you have been worried sick. Adelaide should be bloody well ashamed of themselves, how much trouble would it have been for them to enclose a small note explaining there was nothing seriously wrong. I am so glad everything is okay. Good luck with your visas.

Mrs Brox