Frustrated - how do we stay in OZ??

Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:28 am
Just Joined

frustration.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Frustrated - how do we stay in OZ??

My husband and I have been in Perth for over 3 years. We came on my Student visa and I completed my MBA degree 5 months ago. I applied for ACS skill assessment and was knocked back, therefore we are now looking at using my husband as the primary appliacant for a perm visa. Husband works as a Roof Plumber and has 3 years Oz experience, no qualifications. Does anyone know how we can move forward with a perm visa appl based on this information? Any help would be appreaciated, or if you know of any Agents that have worked wonders wuld be could info too!
Thanks.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frustrated - how do we stay in OZ??

Originally Posted by frustration.com
My husband and I have been in Perth for over 3 years. We came on my Student visa and I completed my MBA degree 5 months ago. I applied for ACS skill assessment and was knocked back, therefore we are now looking at using my husband as the primary appliacant for a perm visa. Husband works as a Roof Plumber and has 3 years Oz experience, no qualifications. Does anyone know how we can move forward with a perm visa appl based on this information? Any help would be appreaciated, or if you know of any Agents that have worked wonders wuld be could info too!
Thanks.
Have you read www.immi.gov.au yet? Why was your ACS knocked back? Can you not appeal the decision or try again with better evidence?

Sorry to say that if you don't meet the criteria an agent isn't going to be able to work wonders. You either meet the criteria or you don't. And even if your husband meets the criteria for a skilled visa, it would be an offshore visa which means you would have to leave the country until it's decided. There is no bridging to a skilled visa (except from your student visa to a skilled graduate).

Take a very good read of the DIAC site then perhaps make an appointment to see a good agent. My pesonal recommendation in Perth would be GoMatilda on St George's Tce. You can google their name for contact details.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 9:52 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frustrated - how do we stay in OZ??

Was there significant IT content in your MBA (why did ACS assess your quals?) Could you try instead for a 'management' assessment (I don't know if these exist or which assessing body would be relevent - sorry).

Definitely contact an agent ASAP as you only have 6 months post finishing your course in which to apply for an onshore graduate visa.

Good luck.