Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Frontloading an application with a medical.

Wikiposts

Frontloading an application with a medical.

Old Nov 12th 2004, 1:11 am
Just Joined

rory04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Frontloading an application with a medical.

It has been reported that Department of Immigration staff are to be instructed to refuse to accept medical forms 26 and 160 received from outside Australia that have not been issued by the Skilled Processing Centre.

Does this mean that I cant front load my application with a medical? and if I do will they dispose of it and ask for another at further cost to me?

The reason I want to do this is that I will be travelling in asia when the application is being processed.
Would an alternative be to get a medical in say Singapore? Also where can I find a list of approved Doctors for the UK and for Singapore?

Thx for any replys.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

AlexAU is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontloading an application with a medical.

Originally Posted by rory04
It has been reported that Department of Immigration staff are to be instructed to refuse to accept medical forms 26 and 160 received from outside Australia that have not been issued by the Skilled Processing Centre.

Does this mean that I cant front load my application with a medical? and if I do will they dispose of it and ask for another at further cost to me?

The reason I want to do this is that I will be travelling in asia when the application is being processed.
Would an alternative be to get a medical in say Singapore? Also where can I find a list of approved Doctors for the UK and for Singapore?

Thx for any replys.

I don't know much about the first part but here are your doctors:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/doctors/panel_s.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/doct..._u.htm#england

Cheers
Old Nov 12th 2004, 1:26 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Would advise not to front load medicals until you have a case number. Medicals go to a different address and in some cases, front loaded medicals have been lost

Sorry if it not what you wanted to hear

Rob

Thx for any replys.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 2:15 am
Just Joined

rory04 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok if I hold off on the medical is it ok to frontload with the police check? it is only £10 after all. Will they accept it?
Old Nov 12th 2004, 3:21 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Front loading police checks is fine but do remember that they are only valid for 12 months

ok if I hold off on the medical is it ok to frontload with the police check? it is only £10 after all. Will they accept it?
Old Nov 12th 2004, 5:20 am
Going to Perth late 2005

timk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Front loading police checks is fine but do remember that they are only valid for 12 months
My agent does not want me to frontload medicals as these are sent to Sydney and Visa application is sent to Adelaide. There is a chance they will be lost and this can be very expensive. IMO it's best to wait for request from CO.

tim