Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Front loading De-Facto relationship Visa - Medical!

Wikiposts

Front loading De-Facto relationship Visa - Medical!

Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:09 am
Scoop

Default Front loading De-Facto relationship Visa - Medical!

Im hoping to obtain an Australian De-facto relationship visa in the new year (moving over to Aus with my GF). Ive just obtained the first part - my Police check, but I have a few questions regarding the medicals...

Ive read different things in the messages on here, people have said that they have had their medicals sent to Australia, and some messages have said that they have recieved their medicals at their home address. Is it as simple as telling the medical centre where to send it?, or is front loading different??

Are blood tests taken?, as the Immi website some occupations may require blood tests?

Also as I live in St Helens, Liverpool is the nearest place to have my medicals done, the Doctors and the radiologist are in different buildings, do I pay separately for these and are they posted separately to myself?

A few quaestions there, they could be the first of many in the coming months.

hope you can help me

Scoop

Old Nov 18th 2004, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Front loading De-Facto relationship Visa - Medical!

Originally Posted by Scoop
Im hoping to obtain an Australian De-facto relationship visa in the new year (moving over to Aus with my GF). Ive just obtained the first part - my Police check, but I have a few questions regarding the medicals...

Ive read different things in the messages on here, people have said that they have had their medicals sent to Australia, and some messages have said that they have recieved their medicals at their home address. Is it as simple as telling the medical centre where to send it?, or is front loading different??

Are blood tests taken?, as the Immi website some occupations may require blood tests?

Also as I live in St Helens, Liverpool is the nearest place to have my medicals done, the Doctors and the radiologist are in different buildings, do I pay separately for these and are they posted separately to myself?

hope you can help me

Scoop
hi scoop,

not quite sure about the uk but here (holland) i just got the doc to send the results to my home address so i could send them to berlin with the rest of my stuff. dont think you have to send them to australia - think thats only for business and skills visas (but could be wrong).

i got to take my x-rays home with me straight after i did them btw.

there's plenty of people that have gone for de-facto's in england, so sometime during the day you'll probably get your questions answered properly...

good luck,

tanja
Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunny side up
hi scoop,

not quite sure about the uk but here (holland) i just got the doc to send the results to my home address so i could send them to berlin with the rest of my stuff. dont think you have to send them to australia - think thats only for business and skills visas (but could be wrong).

i got to take my x-rays home with me straight after i did them btw.

there's plenty of people that have gone for de-facto's in england, so sometime during the day you'll probably get your questions answered properly...

good luck,

tanja
Yep, either collect them from the doctor or get them sent to your home address - explain to the doctor that you are front-loading it, which means th medicals have to go in with the application; and that it is all going to London not Australia.
If the radiologist and doctor are in separate places, you will have to pay them individually - beware, many don't take credit cards. And you need the X-ray appointment first, as you have to take the X-ray to the medical with you. There will be a blood test, for HIV, and if you have tattoos or piercings they may also test for hepatitus.

Hope this helps,

Polly
Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

nmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Scoop

hope you can help me

Scoop
When I was trying to book my medicals in London, I phoned them and was given all the information I needed by the receptionist. I was told what order I had to have them done in, how much they cost and the process that was followed.

I would recommend you give them a call coz I'm sure each place is different.

Good Luck!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Hubby had his x-rays and meds done and asked the doc to send the meds straight to AHC. They arrived the same day as his application. No hassle and no bother. They sent the meds to AHC the day they got the results back instead of to us and delaying it that extra few days. They also held onto his dependent child's results so they could all be sent at once.
Hubby paid and extra £5 to doc for courier fees.