Wikiposts

Front-end loading ?

Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

mutang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Front-end loading ?

Hi all , its been suggested to me that to speed up the visa process i should front-end load my police checks and medicals . I'm not entirely sure how this process works , I guess its getting the meds + checks ready for when they are requested ? If this is the case , how do you request a police check ? Is there particular form i need to ask for at my police station ?
Also the meds , is it a case of contacting the most local doctor on the approved panel doctor list and booking us all in ?
Sorry to barrage you all with questions but i have one more...how much do the meds and police checks cost ?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer ,

Jim
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:17 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Front-end loading ?

Originally Posted by mutang
Hi all , its been suggested to me that to speed up the visa process i should front-end load my police checks and medicals . I'm not entirely sure how this process works , I guess its getting the meds + checks ready for when they are requested ? If this is the case , how do you request a police check ? Is there particular form i need to ask for at my police station ?
Also the meds , is it a case of contacting the most local doctor on the approved panel doctor list and booking us all in ?
Sorry to barrage you all with questions but i have one more...how much do the meds and police checks cost ?

Jim
For police checks, phone your local police and get the phone number of your branch of Data protection team, they will send you the forms and it costs £10 per person,
Meds, you can use any of the doctors on the list you will need to get quotes as prices vary.
You can then send the forms off once you have been assigned a reference number from DIMIA who issue that when your application is acknowledged.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the quick reply ! Do the meds and checks have a ' use by ' date ie. how long do they last before expiring ? I have my DIMIA reference number and have been told its roughly a 5 month wait for the visa process .

Jim
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:44 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the quick reply ! Do the meds and checks have a ' use by ' date ie. how long do they last before expiring ? I have my DIMIA reference number and have been told its roughly a 5 month wait for the visa process .

Jim
If you have your ref number you can front load them as soon as you can get it organised, the doctor will need the ref to put on the meds, and you can send the police checks to the DIMIA address with that ref on it.
Meds and police checks both have a shelve life and do expire.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:18 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

The form for the police clearances is called 'Subject access' i downloaded ours from the Avon and Somerset police website
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the help , for anyone in the MET police area i found this website where the form can be downloaded.
http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/forms.htm

Anyone know how long these checks are valid for ?

Jim
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:13 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the help , for anyone in the MET police area i found this website where the form can be downloaded.
http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/forms.htm

Anyone know how long these checks are valid for ?

Jim
Both 12 months I think. Front load with police clearance as this can be submitted with your application. Advise would be to wait until you have a case number allocated before you get meds done.

Nicky
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:55 am
?????????

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Both 12 months I think. Front load with police clearance as this can be submitted with your application. Advise would be to wait until you have a case number allocated before you get meds done.

Nicky
Not if you get a cat B medical, six months then.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 5:48 am
Zan
Forum Regular

Zan will become famous soon enoughZan will become famous soon enough

Jim
Remember as well as them only lasting 12 months (or six in some cases) you also will have to enter the country within that 12 month period.
In London medicals cost from £110-£200. Have heard some other areas of the country can be more pricey.
Police checks take around 3-4 weeks to come through. (we downloaded the form and then just took it into the local police station).
Zan
Old Oct 10th 2005, 7:15 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

2 of us to have a medical was £210 each in London.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Jeez...£210 each ! I've got a family of 5 to do !
I'm hoping kids are cheaper...?
Old Oct 10th 2005, 7:02 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

If you do a search on BE you should find that it is cheaper for families, ie the more you buy, the cheaper it is. The costs do vary so phone around, also some can do it straight away, while others have a few month waiting list. Also not all are open weekends, so you may need to book a day off.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 7:12 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez...£210 each ! I've got a family of 5 to do !
I'm hoping kids are cheaper...?
Depends on how old the kids are as to what tests they have to do - fro instance my two are 3 and 1, the one year old all the quack did was look into her eyes and ears. The 3 year old all he did was an eyesight test and reflexes. I thnk the childrens medical was £60(ish) that is for Bristol/Bath area.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:18 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Jim
Have you got a house to sell?? Just a word of warning if you front load then are stuck with selling your house. Fortunately for us we didnt front load if we had we would be having to validate by Feb 2006 which would be a nightmare.

Good luck
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi , we do have a house to sell however we intended to have a holiday and validate at the same time. Do you know if all members of the family have to validate at the same time ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.