Friends wanting to emigrate

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

NBJW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Friends wanting to emigrate

Hi all... Not been on here since I lived in Canada in 08!
Thanks in advance for info...

My friends are both 44 he's a qualified plumbing and domestic gas engineer she's a senior care worker for local council. They have a property for sale of around £130k so have funds in the bank also. They want to know the first steps in the process for emigration?

He has a criminal record caution for assault.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friends wanting to emigrate

So he looks like the more promising main applicant. He should start by checking that the occupation is on the SOL (I think it is), taking a points test and reading up on skills assessment requirements for his occupation. Points test gets harder to pass with age, so that is pretty key for any 44 year old. The visa they need to read about is the skilled migrant visa, 175 or 176.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:08 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
So he looks like the more promising main applicant. He should start by checking that the occupation is on the SOL (I think it is), taking a points test and reading up on skills assessment requirements for his occupation. Points test gets harder to pass with age, so that is pretty key for any 44 year old. The visa they need to read about is the skilled migrant visa, 175 or 176.
Assuming they get the skills assessment back before the 1st July. Otherwise, it'll be the 189 (replacing the 175), or the 190 (replacing the 176).
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

NBJW is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.

So would you do the application with a company ??
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:20 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NBJW
Thanks.

So would you do the application with a company ??
They don't have to. Many people apply without an agent. It all depends on how comfortable they are with the paperwork, and how complex their case is (i.e. if there are any medical issues, or convictions). If they want to use an agent, make sure they are MARA registered.