Wikiposts

FreeSpirit

Old Oct 17th 2005, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

brutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant future
Default FreeSpirit

Hi guys,

Has anyone used freespirit.com.au or had any issues using them?

I'm aware of the 457 restrictions but this could at least provide me with 6 months work experience, 5 bonus points, and save me trying to find the $100,000 AUD for a bond.

Thanks,
B
Old Oct 17th 2005, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

freo_457 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: FreeSpirit

Hi B

I have had some dealings with Free Spirit I didn't end up with them as the wanted me to earn a minimum of $56,000 per year and give them 10% or 7% (can't remember exactly).

Part of the 457 restrictions is that if you lose your job you are not allowed to get another job for less money you must earn the same or more. This is not that easy when your talking $50K+ .]

I went with Freelance www.freelance.com.au in the end and have been with them for 3 years their minimum is the same as the immigration departments (38K I think).

But with all these sponsorship agencies they take a big chunk of your wage and you must get private medical insurance even if you eligible for reciprocal health care.

If you want to get out to Oz quickly get a one year working VISA find a sponsor and apply in Australia. At least you'll be warm whilst waiting for your application to go through.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 6:36 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: FreeSpirit

i went with freespirit back in 2002. they were great, even giving free tax returns and i cannot fault them.

i think they also want the minimum from dimia, but also they like to make sure you don't lose money, i.e they still take a fee but you earn more than if you just were paid directly by an employer. this is because they give a LAFHA which is tax free.

freespirit took around 3% of my wage, yet i was paid more than 10% higher than if i just paid tax to the taxman, so everyone was a winner. i guess the only way they could do this was to ask for a higher paying wage, so that anything over the dimia minimum could be the LAFHA.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

brutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant future
Default Re: FreeSpirit

freo, brisnick,

Thanks for you replies, slightly conflicting experiences there, but at least I have a little bit more of an insight into what way it works now.

I will have to see what they come up with and offer.

Thanks again,

B