Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Four Corners Emigration is in Administration

Four Corners Emigration is in Administration

Old Jun 12th 2009, 9:37 am
Just Joined

inwaterfordcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Four Corners Emigration is in Administration

Hi guys.

Just for clarification can someone please answer this question.

My wife and I have applied for permanent visa under the skilled workers route. Our application was lodged and we went to the medical in April 2009. We were with 4corners and recieved the letter to say they have gone bust. I have paid the £95 for the re-assessment with Migration Burea who are taking over from 4Corners.
I recieved a letter this morning from MB saying they would take the case and they forsee another 2-4 hours of work to complete the application that they estimate would cost me another £435-870 with a £650 deposit?

What should I do? (serious answers please, no sarcasm). I cant believe that after I have paid out all that money to FourCorners initially that I get no comeback and have to pay even more money to another company.
We simply just don't have the cash. This has taken years and years to get to this stage and now because of the recession it might be taken away.

Any ideas?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by inwaterfordcity
Hi guys.

Just for clarification can someone please answer this question.

My wife and I have applied for permanent visa under the skilled workers route. Our application was lodged and we went to the medical in April 2009. We were with 4corners and recieved the letter to say they have gone bust. I have paid the £95 for the re-assessment with Migration Burea who are taking over from 4Corners.
I recieved a letter this morning from MB saying they would take the case and they forsee another 2-4 hours of work to complete the application that they estimate would cost me another £435-870 with a £650 deposit?

What should I do? (serious answers please, no sarcasm). I cant believe that after I have paid out all that money to FourCorners initially that I get no comeback and have to pay even more money to another company.
We simply just don't have the cash. This has taken years and years to get to this stage and now because of the recession it might be taken away.

Any ideas?
I would tell MB that you do not want them to proceed. Then ask for your file back. At the same time inform DIAC that 4C/MB are no longer your agent and that DIAC should communicate with you directly. This is the form to complete and send to DIAC: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/956.pdf

(a) If you've already submitted your medical, then it *should* just be a question of waiting until your visa is granted, i.e. there is no work to be done. [Your application was submitted a long time ago.]

(b) If an unexpected problem should arise (CO has some last minute questions] and you need help, you can appoint a reputable agent like Alan Collett (Go Matilda) or George Lombard, who will deal with you on a fixed fee basis (see (c) below).

(c) Ignoring the fact that your application is already with DIAC and you've done the medcials as well (i.e. no more work to do by agent), MB are not operating on a fixed fee basis but on an hourly rate. That's like handing over a blank cheque. Don't do it!

Last edited by ozhappy981; Jun 12th 2009 at 10:16 am.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:46 am
Just Joined

happysnapper has a brilliant futurehappysnapper has a brilliant futurehappysnapper has a brilliant futurehappysnapper has a brilliant futurehappysnapper has a brilliant futurehappysnapper has a brilliant futurehappysnapper has a brilliant future
Default MARN number to remove 4C on form956

does anyone know the marn number for 4c in the uk to put on the removal of agent form ???
is itt the one Matthew quoted above?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Matthew - please feel free to contact myself if you wish to continue to honour the contract I signed with Four Corners through to completion.
I can be contacted by PM or email through BE to give you my case file no.

I await your response.

Johnnyyt
Last week my wife had a phone call from Four Corners Australia saying they would like to help if they can, although money was not mentioned. We are still waiting for the email from them regarding this even though they said it might take up to a week, been loner than that already.

Johnnyyt
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: agents gone into administation

Originally Posted by NikiL
Johnny thats bloody outrageous!! They sent your file to another agent without you having instructed this other agent and then YOU have to pay to have YOUR personal details sent back to you?????

Have they at least given you a tracking number? I'd hope they're using a courier, and if the MB are MARA registered I'd be thinking about putting a complaint in there too.....

Just wrong that, just wrong. mumble mumble mutter.
This is email I eventually was sent by MB about returning my file:-

Dear

Re: Return of file instructions
PLEASE EMAIL [email protected]

As a result of Four Corners emigration going into voluntary administration the Migration Bureau head office is holding for safekeeping your file until you indicate the manner in which you would like it to returned to you.

Please acknowledge the way you would like your file to be returned by ticking the appropriate box:

1) Standard Post and no copy file
This method can take up to 2 weeks and is non-traceable.
Please note: you accept the risk/consequences of losing your documents in the post. This method is free to you however we will not make or retain a copy of your file.

YES, please send my file back to me for free and I understand that the total risk of dispatch and the safe delivery of my file by the postal system are for me to accept.

2) Standard Post and creation of a full copy prior to dispatch
This method may take up to 2 weeks and it is non-traceable. However we will create a full copy prior to post but please note, you need to pay for this copy service by credit card.

YES, please send my file back to me with a full copy created. I understand that the risk of dispatch via the postal system is for me to accept but that Migration Bureau will retain a full electronic copy of my file in their records. The cost to copy my file is £25 and I pay for this with my credit card details below.

3) Express Courier post and no copy file
This will take 2-4 working days and it is traceable.

Please note, you need to pay for this service by credit card. The cost of this service is £55.

YES, please send my file back to me by Express Courier and I understand that the total risk of dispatch and the safe delivery of my file via the Express Courier system are for me to accept. I have entered my payment details below.

4) Express Courier post with creation of a full copy of prior to dispatch
This method will take 2-4 working days and it is traceable.
Please note, you need to pay for this service by credit card. The cost of this service is £80.

YES, please send my file back to me via Express Courier with a full copy created by Migration Bureau. I have entered my payment details below. I authorise Migration Bureau to retain a full electronic copy of my file for safekeeping.

Payment Method

Type of card (please tick):

Card number:

Card Holder’s Name:

Expiry date: Start date/valid from (if present):

Issue No (debit cards only):

If you would like your file to be returned, please liaise with me, Sxxxxxx Hxx, (Email: [email protected] Tel: 0064 3 377 4411 ext 700 or Skype: sxxxxxxoceaniadevelopment) as soon as possible; so we can arrange to return your file to you immediately.

If you do not respond to this email then your file will be retained in our archives for a period. If you do in the future request your file a cost will be payable.

Please note, if you choose a chargeable option to send your file back, we can only start to process it until the payment has been accepted.

Trusting to have been of assistance to you and I look forward to helping you in the future.

Kind regards
Sxxxxxx Hxx
Administration Head office
Migration Bureau Consulting Group
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0064 3 377 4411 ext 700

They sent your file to another agent without you having instructed this other agent and then YOU have to pay to have YOUR personal details sent back to you?????
I actually requested they sent my file back to me on the day I recieved the letter, which they didn't do, so it should not have been sent to New Zealand as Four Corners UK was based in Cheadle, Manchester.

Have they at least given you a tracking number? I'd hope they're using a courier, and if the MB are MARA registered I'd be thinking about putting a complaint in there too.....

Just wrong that, just wrong

I opted to pay to have my file copied and couriered back as I DO NOT TRUST Migration Bureau, they have lied to me when I have tried to find out where my file was.
They gave me a tracking no but not which courier they were using so the tracking number was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. After clarification there are using 'International Express Courier', havn't checked the tracking yet.
I am considering lodging a formal complaint against them as you can see from the file return instructions above unless you pay them money they are not taking responsibility of returning files they should not have transferred to their head office without instructions to do so from myself.

I wait to see if/when/ and what is in my file when it gets to me

Johnnyyt
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:49 am
Wherever I lay my hat...

alborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nice

Last week my wife had a phone call from Four Corners Australia saying they would like to help if they can, although money was not mentioned. We are still waiting for the email from them regarding this even though they said it might take up to a week, been loner than that already.

Johnnyyt
I just got their email. Just repeats what she told me on the phone.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:53 am
Wherever I lay my hat...

alborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nice
Default Re: MARN number to remove 4C on form956

Originally Posted by happysnapper
does anyone know the marn number for 4c in the uk to put on the removal of agent form ???
is itt the one Matthew quoted above?
I was given that same MARA number by the 4 Corners Aus office but not sure if it is the same for the UK office.

Anyone got any ideas?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

happysnapper has a brilliant futurehappysnapper has a brilliant futurehappysnapper has a brilliant futurehappysnapper has a brilliant futurehappysnapper has a brilliant futurehappysnapper has a brilliant futurehappysnapper has a brilliant future
Default Re: MARN number to remove 4C on form956

Originally Posted by alborz114
I was given that same MARA number by the 4 Corners Aus office but not sure if it is the same for the UK office.

Anyone got any ideas?
i also got an email from 4c oz today suggesting we complete the removal of agent form and that if we scan and send it them they will ensure gets lodged in the right place no mention of fees
this sounds helpful and i will do this because I spent a while this am looking where to send form to but so many DIAC offices wouldn't know which is the correct one to send to.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Johnny mate, I really would get hold of Alan Collett today and find out what can be done about this. Judging by the time he posted yesterday he's in the Uk at the moment. I have my views on the methodologies being used, but at the risk of being sued I'd rather not post them.

Jaysus, if I was still in the UK I'd know how to investigate ownership of companies & I'd have the answers for you by now as to where you stand and who to put the screws on, Aus/NZ I'm still rather blind on it.

Seriously hon, you're a bloke that both OH and I really did rate highly when we met you - I'd hate for you to get shafted now. Please, call Alan and find out what the sp is? I know there's a lot of other people in the same boat, but in the nicest possiible way I never met them

Oh, and I never did say congrats for the elements that are looking good for you guys right now

xxx
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice

So my car broke down and I asked around a wee bit before taking it to be fixed by a mechanic recommended to me in Melbourne.

He was a repairer approved by the AA and also proudly displayed the graduation certificates from apprenticed staff who had worked there previously, who he said could be relied on to assist with anything difficult. With that reputation, I was happy to pay some fees in advance.

Days later and no repaired car, I catch a taxi to the repair shop and hey, it's been closed and put into receivership according to a three-word notice on the window - "closed, in receivership".

Not even the word "sorry" to precede those three words. And I remember that nobody said when I dropped the car off that they might be closed up by then.

Now my car is not in sight. Neither was there any info on the office door about where my car had been taken or if it had been fixed to any stage.

Puzzled and concerned, I ask around but the neighbours knew nothing.

Several days later I get a call from another bigger repair yard in Egypt, telling me that they had my car.

I asked if it had been fixed and they said, "Wait, sen(brother), we can't tell you that for free, that will cost you 300 Egyptian pounds for us to tell you if your car is fixed yet, or what still has to be done to it. After all, walad (child), we had to pay to ship the car to Egypt for protection and keep it safe from unregistered mechanics."

I asked what was wrong with asking me to come and collect it? They said "well we paid for the rights to tow your car away, hoping we could get to fix it again. After all, sen, we have a big business to run in many countries".

I asked why they didn't tow it to their other branch in Sydney? They said "because, walad, it's much safer here at our big yard in Egypt, and hey, who would ever think to look out over here and steal it?"

I think I heard him say under his breath "and it stops you taking it back too", but I wasn't sure if I heard any of that right.

I said well what about the remaining money I paid in advance? They said, "oh, sen, nothing to do with us, you need to talk to the receiver of the other business, he has control over the books now".

I asked why the other owner, when he knew the business was going down, didn't call me to come get my car? He said "Sen, your car was a work in progress and who knows if the car is fixed yet or if more money is owed? So the receiver said the potential work on the car was an asset of the business. We asked him how much it was worth and paid him to buy the car, yours and several others, so then the company could at least pay the receiver's fees. See how helpful we are?"

I said can I have my car back please? He said "Awai (you robber), Egypt is an expensive place to ship cars to and from, you'll have to pay the shipping costs, customs clearance, and paperwork costs, so if you want to pay another $1000 Egyptian pounds we can send it back to you by open boat".

I said that might rust the car or let it get broken into, or it could roll off the side of the ship, and he said "Good point, soq(fool)! If you pay another 1000 Egyptian pounds we will containerise it for you so you feel safe about your car".

I said hang on, I didn't ask you to take my car or even take it to Egypt, so I think you should just send it back. Now, please.

He said some rude words under his breath about working hard for money he was promised by the boss that won't get paid now, and said "Az''ar(thief), we have costs!".

I said I didn't ask him to spend any money on my behalf and what was he doing in possession of my property anyway? He said "Well it might not be worth anything to get back, you don't know if the car even works, walad (child)".

I said I had worked for hours to get the car ready for a race with the help of some friends and paid some hard earned money to the other mechanic to fix the hard bits. I wasn't going to just walk away and give up my dream.

He said "Well, pay up, ghabi (idiot), and we'll tell you if it can ever race again".

I said no, I wanted my car back so I could either fix it myself or get another mechanic of MY choice to help me.

He hung up and started sending me anonymous email bleating about how he was trying so hard to protect my car and I should be grateful.

Tonight, I called the International Mechanics Association based in the UK. They were happy to take my complaint. Apparently they have heard of these particular Egyptians, they are very expensive to hire and really do no better job than many other mechanics that live in Melbourne. And from time to time they mess up the process of taking on new repairs, apparently their paperwork and customer communication skills are very very patchy, despite what it says on their website.

Later I got on the internet and found the Race It Yourself Forum, got some good advice from a moderator called the Wobbly Diff or something like that.

She said to write it all down and get some other people together who lost their cars to the same guys, friends who share the same complaint, to prove it is not a one off service failure. Then make a decision what to do. And if I got my car back, not be afraid to get more help from another registered mechanic and she gave me a few names.

I did all that. Then I called the the Kissam Shorta (police station). I don't hate Egyptians or qualified mechanics. I just hate people taking my things without asking and then trying to charge me money to fix a problem driven by business avarice that I didn't make.

Apparently the noise of the Egyptian version of Officer Plod's size 12s approaching was enough to get the Egyptians to make sure my car was shipped off in a nice new container, at their cost.

Next week, when my car arrives, I'm going to wire it with a remote control before any one else is allowed to touch it...
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Lozy92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Four Corners Emigration have gone bust

Had a letter today saying my agents have gone bust.

In with the letter was an invite from Migration Bureau to take up their case file handover/continued service package 9at more cost of course)

Anyone else caught up with this?

Johnnyyt

Hi have had the same letter and made the phone call to a Ms Jarvinen who told me that it would cost £95 just to look at the forms and then that it would cost over £1000 to proceed.

Think they have us over a barrel

I asked for my paperwok to be returned , to be told it was in New Zealand......
Would cost a courier £55 to deliver.
Was shocked to find it was half way around the world....

We are two years down the line and think that we will go it alone with the help of our local solicitor.

Good Luck
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:51 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Classic post, Jamie! Makes me glad I'm not a mechanic... er, wait...

To all those affected: All registered migration agents must abide by a Code of Conduct, which is freely viewable here: http://www.themara.com.au/Online/Def...&ArticleID=209 . Complaints of breaches of this code can be made to the MARA.

Other options may be available depending on the laws of the various countries involved.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Lozy92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: agents gone into administation

I'm still waitinf for my file to be returned to me, twice I phoned their no and asked for this, and got fobbed off with excuses as I didn't want to take up their service. 3rd time I was told that the file has been sent to Migration Bureau's head office in New Zealand so I have paid £80 to get my file returned.

Johnnyyt
Hi was told just hours ago that it would cost £55 for my documents to be returned from New Zealand....

Do they have any rights to take our property out of the country???
Please advise.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

This is the website for the courier service being used by Migration Bureau if you have a tracking no.
My file was collected yesterday and is on route to NZ post depot.

Johnnyyt
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NikiL
Seriously hon, you're a bloke that both OH and I really did rate highly when we met you - I'd hate for you to get shafted now. Please, call Alan and find out what the sp is? I know there's a lot of other people in the same boat, but in the nicest possiible way I never met them

Oh, and I never did say congrats for the elements that are looking good for you guys right now

xxx
Thanks for the kind words.

Johnnyyt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.