Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Four Corners Emigration is in Administration

Four Corners Emigration is in Administration

Old May 22nd 2009, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Four Corners Emigration have gone bust

Had a letter today saying my agents have gone bust.

In with the letter was an invite from Migration Bureau to take up their case file handover/continued service package 9at more cost of course)

Anyone else caught up with this?

Johnnyyt
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:21 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Four Corners Emigration is in Administration

Jane from Leeds has just rang me and told that despite her paying all her fees to Four Corners Emigration Ltd, the company has gone into administration.

I note there website is still operating.

Please beware!
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Four Corners Emigration is in Administration

Threads merged
Old May 22nd 2009, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Polly.

Luckily for us not much more to do.

As Richard above has said anyone not so far along or just starting needs to be aware.

Johnnyyt
Old May 23rd 2009, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

steve101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry 4 Corners in Administration

Had a letter on friday saying my agents 4 corners have gone bust.

In with the letter was an invite from Migration Bureau to take up my case file or a continued service package but with a £95 fee just for them to re-assess me and give me a quote. They also offer a full or partial re-fund of the £800 i have already paid.
I have just started the visa process not sure what to do now

Does any one know what i could do about 4 corners or what to do next

Any help or advice would be great

Thanks Steven

Last edited by steve101; May 23rd 2009 at 9:11 pm.
Old May 23rd 2009, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

moin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 4 Corners in Administration

Hi Steve

Sorry to hear about that.

My understanding from what you are saying is that you have paid the money for your agents fee (4 corners) and the Migration Bureau are offering to return the money?

Not sure if the Migration Bureau would offer you the same level of personalized services and support as your agent promised you. ( maybe someone else can shed more light on this matter)

I would say that ask for the full refund ....and since you have only just started the case, find another agent and get the case going again!!

I have received a postive skills assessment recently and am going to lodge the main application in few days ( the whole process is going wonderfully good) I would definitely recommend the agent that I am using. PM me for details.
Old May 24th 2009, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

steve101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moin
Hi Steve

Sorry to hear about that.

My understanding from what you are saying is that you have paid the money for your agents fee (4 corners) and the Migration Bureau are offering to return the money?

Not sure if the Migration Bureau would offer you the same level of personalized services and support as your agent promised you. ( maybe someone else can shed more light on this matter)

I would say that ask for the full refund ....and since you have only just started the case, find another agent and get the case going again!!

I have received a postive skills assessment recently and am going to lodge the main application in few days ( the whole process is going wonderfully good) I would definitely recommend the agent that I am using. PM me for details.

Thanks for the advice
I am not allowed to PM Stevie
Old May 26th 2009, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Matthew Garvey is an unknown quantity at this point

A client of mine has alerted me to this discussion on the forum. I wanted to provide some information on this topic. I am a Director & shareholder in Four Corners Emigration (Australia) Pty Ltd and Four Corners Emigration Pty Ltd in South Africa. Both the Australian and South African offices of Four Corners are still very much in operation and assisting our clients. They are seperate organisations with different ownership to the UK company.

I was not a shareholder or Director of the UK company Four Corners Emigration Ltd. I had previously been a Director of the UK company, but have not been so for many years. The Australian company had a Strategic Alliance Agreement with the UK company to assist the UK company.

It is very unfortunate that the UK company has gone into liquidation, but I was unable to have any input or even influence this decision due to not being a Director or Shareholder. It is ,though, my understanding that the owner of the UK company have attempted to put in place a solution for all existing clients to ensure their applications are taken care of. The Migration Bureau has agreed terms with the UK company to take care of their existing clients. Again, this was a decision I was unable to contribute to or be a part of. It is my understanding that The Migration Bureau is genuine in its attempts to assist people affected and work with them to finalise their applications.

In addition to this if any existing Four Corners clients require assistance or would like to discuss their case they are welcome to contact me directly on [email protected] or +61 2 8904 0100. I would like to stress that Four Corners Emigration Australia is happy to do all we can to assist clients in resolving this unfortunate situation.

Matthew Garvey
MARN 9789880
Old May 26th 2009, 8:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for taking the time to register and post that. I hope everyone concerned takes you up on your offer and it all works out for them. Anyone involved, please contact Matthew privately. I don't think we need personal queries on the public forum.
Old May 26th 2009, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

karan is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a shame that people are caught up in this Cut corners mess they was my agent and frankly they were a waste of time and money and it has come to no suprise to me that these bunch of cowboys have come to the end of the road. Like the old saying goes "what goes around comes around" they is also a useful posts on pio where some very good questions are being put to the Mr Garvey. Good luck to you all and hopefully you can get your money back for a service you can and will be able to do better yourselves.
Old May 26th 2009, 1:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve101
Thanks for the advice
I am not allowed to PM Stevie
You need to make one more post then you will have access to the pm system.
Old May 26th 2009, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

meav is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matthew Garvey
I am a Director & shareholder in Four Corners Emigration (Australia) Pty Ltd and Four Corners Emigration Pty Ltd in South Africa. Both the Australian and South African offices of Four Corners are still very much in operation and assisting our clients. They are seperate organisations with different ownership to the UK company.

I was not a shareholder or Director of the UK company Four Corners Emigration Ltd. I had previously been a Director of the UK company, but have not been so for many years. The Australian company had a Strategic Alliance Agreement with the UK company to assist the UK company.

It is very unfortunate that the UK company has gone into liquidation, but I was unable to have any input or even influence this decision due to not being a Director or Shareholder...Matthew Garvey MARN 9789880
Matthew

As a matter of interest, what was the reason for the UK company carrying on business under the same name (Four Corners Emigration)?
Old May 26th 2009, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

kullymack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Four Corners Emigration have gone bust

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Had a letter today saying my agents have gone bust.

In with the letter was an invite from Migration Bureau to take up their case file handover/continued service package 9at more cost of course)

Anyone else caught up with this?

Johnnyyt
Hi im in the same situation and not sure if i should carryone with the migration bureau.
Old May 26th 2009, 11:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Four Corners Emigration have gone bust

Originally Posted by kullymack
Hi im in the same situation and not sure if i should carryone with the migration bureau.
So do as Matthew asked and contact him privately to discuss your situation.
Old May 27th 2009, 1:15 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew Garvey
A client of mine has alerted me to this discussion on the forum. I wanted to provide some information on this topic. I am a Director & shareholder in Four Corners Emigration (Australia) Pty Ltd and Four Corners Emigration Pty Ltd in South Africa. Both the Australian and South African offices of Four Corners are still very much in operation and assisting our clients. They are seperate organisations with different ownership to the UK company.

It is very unfortunate that the UK company has gone into liquidation, but I was unable to have any input or even influence this decision due to not being a Director or Shareholder. It is ,though, my understanding that the owner of the UK company have attempted to put in place a solution for all existing clients to ensure their applications are taken care of. The Migration Bureau has agreed terms with the UK company to take care of their existing clients. Again, this was a decision I was unable to contribute to or be a part of. It is my understanding that The Migration Bureau is genuine in its attempts to assist people affected and work with them to finalise their applications.

In addition to this if any existing Four Corners clients require assistance or would like to discuss their case they are welcome to contact me directly on [email protected] or +61 2 8904 0100. I would like to stress that Four Corners Emigration Australia is happy to do all we can to assist clients in resolving this unfortunate situation.

Matthew Garvey
MARN 9789880
Hello Matthew.

Do I recall correctly - did not your MARA record show you as trading from the UK office of Four Corners until it was amended a few days ago?

Best regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.