Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Form 80(Personal particulars for character assessment)

Wikiposts

Form 80(Personal particulars for character assessment)

Old Aug 1st 2009, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

patimiki is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Form 80(Personal particulars for character assessment)

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask some help from someone who already filled out the form 80.
I am not sure how to answer question 31(visa details of initial arrival).

I am a student visa holder now and started my course in September 2007. At that time I had a second working holiday visa and my student visa was granted in January 2008. I went back to my country in August 2007 and stayed there for two weeks.

In this case, regarding the initial arrival, should I write the date when I arrived in Australia with my first working holiday visa or the one before I started my course? Does the initial arrival mean the date with the current visa or the first time of arrival in Australia? I am confused and would appreciate it if someone had the similar experience and could answer my question.

Thank you!

patimiki
Old Aug 1st 2009, 12:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form 80(Personal particulars for character assessment)

Originally Posted by patimiki
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask some help from someone who already filled out the form 80.
I am not sure how to answer question 31(visa details of initial arrival).

I am a student visa holder now and started my course in September 2007. At that time I had a second working holiday visa and my student visa was granted in January 2008. I went back to my country in August 2007 and stayed there for two weeks.

In this case, regarding the initial arrival, should I write the date when I arrived in Australia with my first working holiday visa or the one before I started my course? Does the initial arrival mean the date with the current visa or the first time of arrival in Australia? I am confused and would appreciate it if someone had the similar experience and could answer my question.

Thank you!

patimiki
It means your initial - ie FIRST - arrival date in Australia.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Form 80(Personal particulars for character assessment)

Pollyana,

Thank you for the reply.
I was just wondering if it was still all right to write my FIRST arrival in Australia in 1995. It seems very old record, but I should take the meaning
INITIAL literally, shouldn't I?

Thank you again for your help.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

mokaddem99 has a brilliant futuremokaddem99 has a brilliant futuremokaddem99 has a brilliant futuremokaddem99 has a brilliant futuremokaddem99 has a brilliant futuremokaddem99 has a brilliant futuremokaddem99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It means your initial - ie FIRST - arrival date in Australia.
Hi Super Moderator,
I am a paper based applicant and submitted form 80 during lodgement. But in his request letter for further documents, my CO sent me from80 as an attachment again without any instruction to fill it or not.

Now, do I need to submit form80 filled in again? If so, do I need to provide attested scan copy of the form or simply the form without being attested?

Your advise will be very helpful for me.

Thanks,
Mokaddem
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

david_gn is an unknown quantity at this point

HI GUYS

can i any one help me please, i did lodge a one line application throuh an agent, my online status saying complete personl particulars fr character assessment, i already filled form 80 and attached it to my file, is this write ,
pleaseadvise if anyone got the same thing or got any idea about it

thanks

david
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: Form 80(Personal particulars for character assessment)

Hello again everyone,

I asked one of my friends who filled out the form 80 and was told that
we should write about details of the visa that is related to the current arrival. It means that for example someone came to Australia ten years ago
with a tourist visa and then they came back last year with a student visa
they should write about the student visa even though the initial arrival is
the tourist visa.

If someone has a similar case and already filled out the form 80 Q31, please
let me know what is correct.

Thank you for your help!

patimiki