Wikiposts

Form 80

Old May 13th 2003, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

gavocc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ptlabs
My Malaysian penal clearance took less than 1 month, obviously...

http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...App.jsp?id=161

Regards,
Peter
Peter,

I hope mine will come anytime soon but it's great to see your's came so fast.
Old May 13th 2003, 3:48 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gavocc
I hope mine will come anytime soon but it's great to see your's came so fast.
I'm sure yours will be back soon too.

Bear in mind that I sent my 4 copies of Form 80 with my initial PR application (it pays to read Form 47P together with Booklet 1119). So I had cut some corners there. I'm quite certain my case officer initiated my Malaysian penal clearance around the same time she called for my medicals/police checks.

Regards
Peter
Old May 13th 2003, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ptlabs
I'm sure yours will be back soon too.

Bear in mind that I sent my 4 copies of Form 80 with my initial PR application (it pays to read Form 47P together with Booklet 1119). So I had cut some corners there. I'm quite certain my case officer initiated my Malaysian penal clearance around the same time she called for my medicals/police checks.

Regards
Peter
Peter,
It's amazing to see how smooth and fast one applicant will get their visa if they know the right things to do. For example like what you did, front loading form 80 and stuff like that. You are right, it do pays to read the booklet properly
Old May 13th 2003, 4:47 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gavocc
It's amazing to see how smooth and fast one applicant will get their visa if they know the right things to do. For example like what you did, front loading form 80 and stuff like that. You are right, it do pays to read the booklet properly
Quite true.

A good and experienced registered migration agent should know these things by heart. That's how an agent earns his/her keep

A DIY applicant (who either wants the challenge of throwing his/her own application without professional help, or doesn't have the money to hire an agent, or for some other reasons) will need to do tonnes of research to ensure that nothing goes wrong, and that delays are kept to a minimum.

While these minor things don't necessarily lead to rejection, you won't want too many of them to cause major delays for your application.

Regards,
Peter
Old May 13th 2003, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

abhibhanu will become famous soon enough

Dear peter
you have done a wise thing and I thought like this then I have decided to wait until ASPC advices me on this. Anyway this will cause delay. Actually we sent the Japanese PCC which I obtained in 10 days and form 80 and copies along with medicals (sent by the hospital directly) in 4th week of March 2003. So we believe that ASPC would have received all those in the first week of April. So peter, how to confirm that ASPC had initiated something for our Sri lankan PCC using form 80? Is there any ways that you can suggest?
with love
Abhibhanu
Old May 13th 2003, 9:51 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Originally posted by abhibhanu
So peter, how to confirm that ASPC had initiated something for our Sri lankan PCC using form 80? Is there any ways that you can suggest?
I'd suggest you give it a few more weeks. There's nothing that you'll need to do once your Form 80's are sent out, so don't fret.

Peter
Old May 13th 2003, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Peter
Thans a lot and I will wait for another couple of weeks and If dont hear from ASPC, then what is the next possibility? Love to hear from you.
with love
bhanu
Old May 13th 2003, 10:04 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Thans a lot and I will wait for another couple of weeks and If dont hear from ASPC, then what is the next possibility? Love to hear from you.
Let's cross that bridge when you come to it :-)

Peter
Old May 14th 2003, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Abhibhanu,

What Peter said is true that there's nothing we need to do after form 80s are sent out. Wait for another couple of weeks and i'm sure ours will come as well.
Old May 14th 2003, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Dear peter and gavocc
thanks indeed. Yes there is nothing we could do at this juncture than waiting patiently. Our 49 day deadline for meds, pcc expired on April 29th and so far we have not heard anything from ASPC. So we assume our JPN Pcc and Meds have reached ASPC and we hope our SRI Lnkan PCC is initiated by ASPC using form 80. Hope to get some news soon.
cheers
abhibhanu
Old May 14th 2003, 6:33 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Our 49 day deadline for meds, pcc expired on April 29th and so far we have not heard anything from ASPC. So we assume our JPN Pcc and Meds have reached ASPC and we hope our SRI Lnkan PCC is initiated by ASPC using form 80. Hope to get some news soon.
If you sent your medical report, Japanese PCC and your Form 80's using a courier, you should have been able to find out if they've reached ASPC.

When ASPC comes back to you with a pre-grant, grant or any other letter will depend on the speed at which the Sri Lankan folks respond with your penal clearance.

At the end of the day, with hindsight, people should consider reading Form 47P together with their main migration booklet.

Peter
Old May 14th 2003, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

dear peter
thanks a lot and it is indeed a good advice to the prospective applicants and migrants to read form 47P and do accordingly. I know that our sri lankan folks will happily sleep on the DIMIA request until somebody awakes them up and push them out. I will wait for another 2 weeks until end of this month and then I will ask our relatives to check with Police HQs to find is there any request from ASPC w.r.t our PCC and what is happening? Before that I like to confirm whether ASPC has already sent pur form 80 information to sri Lankan police. If it has been done then it will be easy to chase them up. So peter is there any way to confirm this with ASPC? Normally how ASPC uses the form 80 to get PCC? what is the normal procedure? Any tips in this regard is highly appreciated.
with love
bhanu
Old May 14th 2003, 6:56 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

...is there any way to confirm this with ASPC? Normally how ASPC uses the form 80 to get PCC? what is the normal procedure? Any tips in this regard is highly appreciated.
There is no "normal" way to check with ASPC whether they (ASPC) have done something. An politely-worded email to your case officer via the generic ASPC email address might get you the answer you seek. If you're feeling rich and don't mind the possible frustratingly long holding period, you might want to give your case officer a call, but please only do so after a reasonable amount of time has elapsed.

As to how ASPC uses Form 80's, I can't tell you more than what can be read from Form 80 and 47P. The fact that multiple copies are requested gives you a hint that some of those copies might end up at your local AHC for the local AHC to process.

Peter
Old May 14th 2003, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi peter
Thanks for your patience in answering my questions and it seems that I have to wait for some more time. I dont want to call or even send e mail to the CO as it may sometimes delay ours. so wait until we hear some thing. o you think is it a good idea to ask our assurer to call ASPC and inquire instead of us that too after this month?
love bhanu
Old May 18th 2003, 1:04 pm
Ranga Guruge

Default Re: Form 80

Hi Bhanu and all those interested in Sri Lankan PCC,

As for PCC, It is my understanding that ASPC requests AHC
in SL, which in turn request SL Police, which in turn sends
requests to all relevant police stations in each place one
has lived.

When your a officer from your local Police station visits
your home, you can be sure that ASPC has indeed started
the process. For my friends, this has taken a good time.
One friend has sent in Form 80 more than six months ago
and SL Police has not yet received any request for PCC
from ASPC. For another friend, SL police received
the request for PCC by ASPC 3 months after the date ASPC
told him that they in fact initiated the process of
requesting PCC.

My personal belief is that those Sri Lankan folk at AHC
in Colombo sleep a good long time on PCC requests before
handing them over to the SL Police.

regards
Ranga

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.