Form 80

Old May 12th 2003, 9:47 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Form 80

Just recieved our paperwork for medicals and police checks. We have been to the police station and got the form for the police clearance. Do we also need to fill in the Form 80???

I am a little confused.

Oh we have both only lived in England for the last ten years.

Grateful for any guidance

Jo
Old May 12th 2003, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jo

The form 80 is the form that you will get from the police station, just check it is the right form the police also a have a web site where the form can be downloaded.

Terry
Old May 12th 2003, 10:06 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Terry
Hi Jo

The form 80 is the form that you will get from the police station, just check it is the right form the police also a have a web site where the form can be downloaded.

Terry

Hi

Thanks but that is a form 303 North Yorkshire Police Data Protection Act 1998 Person Record.

In our letter it states

All persons over the age of 16 years must also complete and immediately return a form 80 Personal Particulars for Character Checking.

I am assuming we need to do both only I have never seen anyone else mention having to fill in this form as it is rather long winded.

But I better fill them in and send them ASAP.

The nightmare is we have to fill out dates of living at certain addresses. We struggled with some for the police check but dates are a nightmare.

(We moved a lot as students both of us have 10 addresses in the last 10 years)

Oh well better get thinking

Jo
Old May 12th 2003, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

not heard of the form 303 maybe you could check whether this required. bear in mind that checks are taking a long time at present and a call to your agent or aspc can get an exstension to the time limit.

Terry
Old May 12th 2003, 10:17 pm
Pass The Post

Originally posted by Terry
not heard of the form 303 maybe you could check whether this required. bear in mind that checks are taking a long time at present and a call to your agent or aspc can get an exstension to the time limit.

Terry

I think I will do that

Cheers

Jo
Old May 13th 2003, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

abhibhanu will become famous soon enough

Hi jo
If you read Form 47P then you will get the meaning of Form 80. Actually certain countries the police check is done by DIMIA itself and in such cases the DIMIA wants you to write and send 3 copies of Form 80 and then they will do the checking. We dont have to personally obtain and send PCC for those countries. Examples such as Malaysia, Sri lanka where you have to fill Form 80 and send to DIMIA. that is all. Then the DIMIA will do the checking. It will take take quite a long time but helpless as that is the policy of DIMIA. Pl read form 47p throughly and under the countries specifications such as malysia and sri lanka. If you did not stay in any of those countries then I dont think you need that form any way fill it up and send. I hope this will help you some what. Anyway some other experts can also advice on thislove
abhibhanu
Old May 13th 2003, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

gavocc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by abhibhanu
Hi jo
If you read Form 47P then you will get the meaning of Form 80. Actually certain countries the police check is done by DIMIA itself and in such cases the DIMIA wants you to write and send 3 copies of Form 80 and then they will do the checking. We dont have to personally obtain and send PCC for those countries. Examples such as Malaysia, Sri lanka where you have to fill Form 80 and send to DIMIA. that is all. Then the DIMIA will do the checking. It will take take quite a long time but helpless as that is the policy of DIMIA. Pl read form 47p throughly and under the countries specifications such as malysia and sri lanka. If you did not stay in any of those countries then I dont think you need that form any way fill it up and send. I hope this will help you some what. Anyway some other experts can also advice on thislove
abhibhanu

abhibhanu,
Any idea roughly how long will dimia take to do the checking for those applicants from Malaysia and Sri Lanka?
Old May 13th 2003, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi Gavocc
Infact it will take quite a long time. There are guys in this forum like gihan who applied in february with form 80 for Sri lanka PCC and still he is waiting though he is subclass 139. we applied for Sri lanka PCC with form 80 to ASPC in April 1st week and still waiting to hear from ASPC. So far nothing. I hope nearly 2 or 3 months in average. Which country are you from and what visas class you applied? Even ASPC wants to process all before June 2003 if these guys do not send PCCs back to ASPC, then there is no meaning. Anyway i will wait until I hear from ASPCin this regard.
love
abhibhanu
Old May 13th 2003, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi Gavocc
Infact it will take quite a long time. There are guys in this forum like gihan who applied in february with form 80 for Sri lanka PCC and still he is waiting though he is subclass 139. we applied for Sri lanka PCC with form 80 to ASPC in April 1st week and still waiting to hear from ASPC. So far nothing. I hope nearly 2 or 3 months in average. Which country are you from and what visas class you applied? Even ASPC wants to process all before June 2003 if these guys do not send PCCs back to ASPC, then there is no meaning. Anyway i will wait until I hear from ASPCin this regard.
love
abhibhanu
abhibhanu,

I'm from Malaysia and applied under visa class 136 . Have sent those form 80 to ASPC end of March. It's been more than a month and no news yet.
Old May 13th 2003, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Dear Gavocc
As I told you getting PCC through form 80 is quite time consuming one and we are helpless as we have to wait until the police finish their job and send it to ASPC. Anyway we are on the same boat and I hope maximum 3 months that ASPC can wait. After that they may inform to the applicants about the status. One of my friend was asked to submit a statutory declaration from Sri lanka to say that he has no criminal records in his name and ultimately his visas was given on the condition that if DIMIA receives any negative PCC from Sri lanka their visas will be cancelled. So far so good. I hope to hear some thing before June and I hope you will also hear soon. In my case we applied under 139 subclass SDAS and I am main applicant and my husband as dependent due to the relationship factor though my husband's skills will be considered. Ok love to hear from you more.
with love
abhibhanu
Old May 13th 2003, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Dear Gavocc
As I told you getting PCC through form 80 is quite time consuming one and we are helpless as we have to wait until the police finish their job and send it to ASPC. Anyway we are on the same boat and I hope maximum 3 months that ASPC can wait. After that they may inform to the applicants about the status. One of my friend was asked to submit a statutory declaration from Sri lanka to say that he has no criminal records in his name and ultimately his visas was given on the condition that if DIMIA receives any negative PCC from Sri lanka their visas will be cancelled. So far so good. I hope to hear some thing before June and I hope you will also hear soon. In my case we applied under 139 subclass SDAS and I am main applicant and my husband as dependent due to the relationship factor though my husband's skills will be considered. Ok love to hear from you more.
with love
abhibhanu

Hi abhibhanu ,

Thanks for your info and hope you will hear something soon. I've checked of how long the police clearance in my country will take and found out that will be around 1-2 months. Let's hope that ours will come before June .
Old May 13th 2003, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Hi
That is indeed a gret news. I hope ours will also take 1-3 months and hope to hear before june. Are you sure that DIMIA has sent Form 80 to malaysian Police HQS? If it is sent then we can expect something in 1-2 months. If DIMIA has not sent the form 80 to respective countires yet, then it is going to take more time even later to june. How to confirm this whether DIMIA has sent our form 80 details to the country Police HQs? Do you have any idea? or Anyone her can enlighten us on this? Normally once ASPC received our form 80, then within howmany days they will send it to respective country's Police HQs? any ideas pl?
with love
Abhibhanu
Old May 13th 2003, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Dear friends
any ideas please? about Form 80 and confirming with ASPC that they sent the form 80 to the respective countries for PCC?
Old May 13th 2003, 8:17 am
Pass The Post

Hi jo
abhibhanu
Hi Abhibhanu

Thank you for that. My husband is born in Sri Lanka but has not lived there for the last 17 years which is why we did not understand this request as we have requested a report from the UK for the last 10 years.

I will fill in the forms and send it in. It does seem ironic that I have to fill one out yet I have never lived anywhere other than the UK.

Hope you hear something soon

Jo
Old May 13th 2003, 11:33 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gavocc
I'm from Malaysia and applied under visa class 136 . Have sent those form 80 to ASPC end of March. It's been more than a month and no news yet.
My Malaysian penal clearance took less than 1 month, obviously...

http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...App.jsp?id=161

Regards,
Peter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.