Form 80

Old May 20th 2003, 1:24 pm
Jocopy

Default Re: Form 80

If we do not send back the required number of Form 80 to DIMIA, will
they request us to send it to them, or do they duplicate a copy of the
returned Form 80 and use it for processing etc?

Old May 21st 2003, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

abhibhanu will become famous soon enough

Hi ranga
Thanks a lot for the info. Infact you are correct. I also sent e mail to Colombo AHC and got the reply that they just act as mediaters between ASPC and SriLanka Police HQs and they neither keep records nor initiate inquiries. So far I checked our home people and found out no Sri Lankan cops came home. So our understanding is our PCC requst is either with ASPC or with AHC colombo. Damn lazy creatures. I also found from timeline that someone has sent form 80 in January and still waiting. Hope to hear soon from them.
thanks
love bhanu
Old May 21st 2003, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Hi peter, gavocc and Ranga
thanks a lot for the help and I have just got e mail from AHC Colombo that they have received our PCC documents from ASPC and forwarded it to SL Police HQS on the sameday of 19th may 2003. I am surprised that AHC colombo working so fast contradicting the comment of Ranga. Now it is upto the cops to process fast and send it back to AHC colombo who will forward it to ASPC. I hope everything will be fine soon. Looking forward to hearing from you all soon.
love
bhanu
Old May 21st 2003, 11:05 am
Ranga Guruge

Default Re: Form 80

Hi bhanu,

Nice to hear that your PCC is in the correct track.
Good luck.
Do you mind sending me the email address from whom
you inquired about the PCC ?

My mail address is r_guruge @ yahoo . com

regards
Ranga

Old May 22nd 2003, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi ranga
Thanks for the comments and I hope the Sri Lanka cops will do some faster job. Ok as you asked me I sent the e mail address of the staff of AHC colombo to your e mail. Did you get it? keep in touch with me through e mail if you wish.
love
bhanu
Old May 22nd 2003, 3:33 am
Just Joined

Gihan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bhanu,

You can check the progress of your PCC by Police Headquarters Colombo. The telephone number is 94 1 421111 ext 348 (Police Clearance Branch). You have to give them your full name and they will give you the reference number of your PCC. That can be used to inquire the progress of your PPC. If you have some one in Colombo ask them to do it for you as it is very difficult to contact them through phone.

Colombo Police is supposed to send your application to relevant local police stations for further investigation and they are supposed send that information back to Headquarters within 10 days, which hardly happens.

I have been waiting since January and still they haven’t finalized mine.

If you can email me the AHC Colombo contact email that would be useful to me.

Thanks
Gihan.
Old May 22nd 2003, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Dear Gihan
Thanks a lot for the valuable info and I shall follow it up soon with my contacts in Colombo. Further what is your e mail? so that I can forward the e mail of AHC colombo staff. At present where r u? and what category you applied? I think you are also SDAS subclass 139. Why the Sri Lankan PCC takes such a long time? It is totally ridicules. OK pl keep us updated your progress.
with love
Bhanu
Old May 22nd 2003, 4:12 am
Just Joined

Gihan is an unknown quantity at this point

Check your hotmail account.
Old May 22nd 2003, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

dear gihan
thanks for the mail and pl see your mail now. we hope our PCCs will come soon.
love
bhanu