Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Form 47SK - Final draft, a few questions left please.

Wikiposts

Form 47SK - Final draft, a few questions left please.

Old Nov 4th 2005, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form 47SK - Final draft, a few questions left please.

What, accusing DIMIA of Duplication ? the form 80 has extra crucial information on it like where your parents were born, your mother's maiden name and all addresses you have lived at in each country in stead of just the last address in that country.

The form 80 is a bit pointless in the vast majority of cases. It's real function is to provide the required details for DIMIA to obtain police clearances direct from Countries that do not have any procedure for applicant's to obtain their own clearances e.g. Sri Lanka and Brunei. So if you have spent 12 months or more in either if these countries, the Form 80 is a crucial document for DIMIA to forward to the relevant authorities to obtain any criminal history on the applicant. Some Countries ask you to use the Form 80 to apply to them for a police clearance e.g. Peru and Brazil. So where it is needed specifically for the police clearance process, the form should be filled in carefully and accurately.

But DIMIA insist on it to be completed by all applicants so just repeat the info from the 47SK and give them what they want.

Cheers

Tony

Originally Posted by Techno Freak
OK, maybe there will be one or two more.....

Thanks for all the help everyone - nearly there now.

Just about got everything filled in, just all the documentory evidence to get certified copies of and wait for IEAUST and VETASSESS to send back our assessment letters, then off it goes.

Oh, and whats the point of form 80? isn't it just a copy of bits of 47SK?

Cheers all....
Old Nov 4th 2005, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
I asked EXACTLY the same question & JAJ told me that the reason for Form 80 is that it is split from your main SK47 in Adelaide & goes to a different department - thats all... nothing sinister!
Nothing sinister ? If you think there is nothing Sinsister about a Department that is code named after a creature with an insect-like body with a long tail ending in a venomous sting. Copies of the Form 80 would be sent to the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO). years ago this just used to happen for applicants from Communist Countries and other selected "high Risk" Countries. With international terrorism the way it is now, it is likely that all applicant's get run past ASIO for a "liaison check".

So when you are told that there DIMIA are awaiting the results of some internal checks, it has nothing to do with rubber gloves, and may not even be an employer check.

Tony
Old Nov 4th 2005, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as I said, I'll don't mind giving them whatever forms they need so long as it means we get our visas processed.

It makes sense now though, what you have explained form 80 is for.

Cheers....
Old Nov 4th 2005, 6:51 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
Nothing sinister ? If you think there is nothing Sinsister about a Department that is code named after a creature with an insect-like body with a long tail ending in a venomous sting.
Eh?
Like I said, nothing sinister if you have nothing to hide.

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Nov 4th 2005 at 6:58 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they are not all out to get me.

Eh?
Like I said, nothing sinister if you have nothing to hide.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 9:19 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they are not all out to get me.
LOL ok Tony ;o)
Old Nov 4th 2005, 10:09 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light

I guess photocopying would be good but if you imagine the 1000's of SK47 forms they get daily or weekly and how long it would take to go thru them & find the relevant sections to photocopy.... it would probably add an extra 3 months on to everyones visa application! LOL

Tchno freak dont know if this will affect you but there is a new vesin of the 47sk....

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/forms_changes.htm
Old Nov 4th 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eljustino
Tchno freak dont know if this will affect you but there is a new vesin of the 47sk....

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/forms_changes.htm

Thanks eljustino - I already downloaded the up-to date ones on Thursday night and printed them off ready for last night.

They all have design date of 11/05 on the bottom.

Thanks for pointing it out though. It might be worth a sticky on the main Immigration thread in case anyone has been part filling theirs in over the last few weeks and has not realised? Mods - what do you think?